• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gym exercises you won't do

tacklejunkie

I just got to doing a few calculations.   The earth is spinning on its axis, which means we in minnesota are moving from west to east at about 750 mph.  In addition the earth is moving around the sun at about 66,000 mph, which adds or subtracts from the rotational velocity.  Perturbations due to the moon have been ignored as has the sun's movement around the galactic center.  Of course I also could have made an error in my calculations.  

I just wanted people to know so they could orient their treadmill in the correct direction for the optimum workout.

Does this somehow disprove that hamstrings are not working the same on a treadmill vs ground?  I'm confused, please breakdown how this is related?  

I get it, more nonsense to attract attention. Egg on my face for giving it to you. 

I'm proud of you guys for again, offering up the substance.  It really shows your knowledge is far superior.  When all you've been reduced to is lame jokes, it's time to move on.

Let me guess, I'm the ankle biting dog that won't leave. That would pretty much solidify how blind you all really are to reality. Because in reality, I've given substance, I've attempted to move on to other subjects, but you fellas keep coming with continued attempted digs. And your little buddies will peek in, grab your back, tell me how rotten I am, and in the meantime dig me a good 2-3 times. Lol. Narcissist much? (One even suggested I go read a book on how to influence people. Lmao) Gosh, if you're going to participate have a little substance. Otherwise, youre really looking bad here. 

The topic is: Gym exercises you won't do

Edited by DrJuice1980
Added comedic value

I just got to doing a few calculations.   The earth is spinning on its axis, which means we in minnesota are moving from west to east at about 750 mph.  In addition the earth is moving around the sun at about 66,000 mph, which adds or subtracts from the rotational velocity.  Perturbations due to the moon have been ignored as has the sun's movement around the galactic center.  Of course I also could have made an error in my calculations.  

I just wanted people to know so they could orient their treadmill in the correct direction for the optimum workout.

I usually just line up my treadmill with that inner thigh machine.  That always seems to be the correct direction.

On 4/9/2015 at 3:08 PM, DrJuice1980 said:

They will train you with compensatory actions.

Agree.

If you want to be in the best shape you can be in, Calisthenics is it for indoor workouts.  You'll have a body that carries you well beyond any apparatus could do and you'll have the coordination with it.    Move onto activities outdoors after you've gained some of that strength like soccer, basketball,  sprints, gymnastics, when your body says its ready.   The strength, agility, and fluidity of a body is something most never get to and never from a machine.   Running becomes effortless and I don't mean jogging.   Joggers look like a carriage horse plodding along day after day.    Best of all it costs nothing.

Couldnt agree more.  Confining your body to a machine is pointless.  Movement with knowledge of movement is the key, like you said, the jogger looking like he's running in a pair of moon boots. Conditioned their nervous system to only comprehend that style of movement because of how they trained.  A lot of people dont see that.

Oh we so agree then.  It is a beautiful thing.  Very hard to achieve if it hasn't been your lifestyle from a youngster. The body can do some outstanding things.  It isn't weights, opposing forces. or beasts, of burden that makes up better.  It is only gravity and weight of body that limits us. It isn't the force from our opponent that overcomes us, rather its our bodily control.  If only you can control your body, no one else can.

A strong body and strong mind is too imposing to all outside forces. When you live it you'll be it.

Your not getting there lifting weights. In fact your a plodding imbecile.  You and the majority think you look good.

To me you look like a target. Someone with a false scene of security that is about to take a full out assault and is helpless.  Helpless because your a weight room fool and you can't make your body move, react, counter. and your taken down in seconds.  You don't have to overcome me, you just have to escape me, momentarily, totally, or come back with your assault.

Why am I referring two bodies colliding.    Because I'm a Man.  I'll back you up our I'll jack you up.

If your really into getting in shape I'd take a Zumba class and skip the weight lifting.

Train for the results you want. Want to be slow, lift heavy and slow.  Want to be fast? Train explosive, train with velocity, ever see a power lifter dribble a basketball? no athleticism.

Not saying slow is bad but need to switch it up. Patterning yourself anyway but what the human body is suppose to be creates deficiencies. Suppose to be fast with the ability to go slow, suppose to maintain straight lines and right angles for proper alignment and proper use of muscles.  

The kid that stands with his feet hip width and parallel is usually a pretty good athlete. Look next time

5 hours ago, swamptiger said:

Not trying to start an insurrection here, but reading through this, got me to wondering....

Anyone know why a treadmill needs an electric motor?

They used to make treadmills without motors.  They don't work very well actually.  I think Nordic Track had one back in the day.