• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

bbfenatic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interesting to see if Yeo makes it past tomorrow. If Fletcher was gonna do it now would be the time, after another embarrassment on national tv. I'm not sure though he seems to really like Yeo.

A couple game suspension could be a good thing for Suter. Not sure if it's the ice time, his father passing, or what but he has been straight up terrible lately.

It is so bad I find myself continuing to watch just to see what the next gaffe is going to be, you have to laugh.....or drink, and I gave that up 19 years ago. I will say Pens were on top of their game last night (or was it the competition), love the way they spread the ice, work the puck up high consistently, and their Duo are virtually unstoppable....they toyed with us at one point just playing "keep away".

Suter -22 last 20 games...sit him at least for a while; he's just going through the motions at best.

When Parise says "we are so easy to play against" and follows by saying "we are not getting out of this" and Suter throws a frustration blind side elbow like that what could be worse....these youth have no leadership at this point on or off the ice and I am sure they are totally confused. If Yeo does not get fired I'd say it is because Liepold does not want to pay the $2M buyout...maybe his wife cut off his allowance....and Fletch totally missed the mark on this team....like I said we are too small/weak in a league of giants who are just as skilled...for whatever reason he did not sign a goalie, went the cheap route and signed Kemps...totally missed the mark on Vanek...time to re-tool IMO or live with mediocrity...it will cost Liepold a ton but we'll see if he really wants to bring a winner to Minnesota....or just rake it in with "State of Hockey" diehard fans.

Can we send Koivu to Iowa? Strip the C, send him to Iowa. I am sure he has to go through waivers, then MAYBE someone will claim him and we can rid ourselves of one of the major problems on this team. That man should NOT have the C on his sweater. He gets all the minutes he gets because of the C and IMO that is what is killing the team and the morale. How would you feel if you were Zucker and playing really well and not get much PP time because Koivu is out there who if flat out terrible? I would be [PoorWordUsage] and disappointed. Zucker had earned the extra TOI. Reward these guys, the few that are actually giving effort. Dont give it to ones that are stinking it up just because they have a C on their sweater.

Parise should be our captain. The guy is all effort, every game. That is what a leader does. Get on my back boys because I am going to bust my tail trying to right this ship.

Koivu just plays terrible defensive position time and again which gets him rewarded with 22 minutes a game.

That has to stop.

Bench Koivu, Cooke, Brodziak. Bring up Graovac, Shroeder and Sutter.

Those guys certainly wont play worse, but will actually give some effort.

Bench Koivu, Cooke, Brodziak. Bring up Graovac, Shroeder and Sutter.

Those guys certainly wont play worse, but will actually give some effort.

That would certainly be a good start, this ship is taking on water and is close to sinking, time to plug the holes.

Everyone calm down, it's never as bad as you think it is. Clearly our terrible goaltending has sucked the life out of this team right now. Now isn't a time to blow the team up or trade everyone, just have to hold course and see what happens. Evaluate everything at the end of the year. I was hoping we would have a new goalie by now but Fletcher seems to be waiting for the team to respond, not sure if that is a good idea or not but my job isn't on the line so I will let him handle it. We maybe should have picked up another goalie before season but we already had 3 before the Harding incident, it's just a bad situation. I can't really heap blame on Yoe either, maybe some but there isn't much you can do when you are getting bad goaltending.

At this point, what is the harm in playing more of Curry? If he gives up 5 or 6 we'd be no worse off, and its possible he puts up solid minutes. At least it would be a different backstopper for the skaters to have behind them.

Short term I don't think firing Yeo is going to help. He doesn't lace up the skates. On the other hand you can't fire the whole team. Change in net is absolutely needed one way or another, that much is obvious.

Long term we don't appear to have it all figured out. But I would hope we are objective about making moves and thinking about the future.

The skinny I just got on him is that Edmonton gave up on him and AZ so unimpressed they let him go for a 3rd round pick but AZ's GM was happy to move him to MN because he betting it will still be a decent pick with MN not moving up the standings. IMO a fresh face in the net for Wild will certainly help moral but doubt it will be enough to turn the season around....it will be fun to watch again though...for a while.

We got him! Dubynk from AZ....playoffs here we come right Bear laugh

grin Yep we got a goalie I guess, kind of a eh move but better than nothing. Historically Dubynk is not good but having a solid year, our season might be lost anyway so going cheap while maybe improving the team seems reasonable. He's in no way going to save us but is clearly playing much better than Backs or Kuemper right now. Time to see how or if the team responds.

His save percentage is considerably higher than Backstrom so it certainly should be an upgrade. GAA can be a misleading stat (as can others too) so I am not that concerned with the 2.72 GAA at this point.

I dont know much about him, but at least a different face in net might get the guys in front of him to play THEIR game and not worry about the goaltending deficiencies a bit which in the end would help us greatly overall.

Season saver? Doubt it, but Fletch has commented that he is still shopping for other pieces. Hopefully a big D man with a left handed shot.

Then we could finally see a lineup without Prosser in it.

Well, the Suter suspension will give him some rest. Perhaps he can come back and get out of the funk he is in right now.

From the sounds of it the team has had a lot of internal meetings and individual one on one time to focus on things to get better on. Its a shame this is happening at this point in the season, but I am glad these actions are being taken.

In all honesty they are not that far away from being a really solid team its just a few mental errors each game and then the wheels fall off confidence wise. Shore up the mental errors and just play sound defensively.

GAA is a team stat. His S% is better than what we have now. We gave up a 3rd, so that sucks but what can you do. Everyone knows we NEED a goalie. Demand is high, price goes up.

The best part, we can play Backstrom less and buy him out this summer. Doobie is a UFA this summer and is only $800k right now (~$400k prorated).

Hopefully we either get a hot goalie and make the playoffs or Doobie is the sieve some think he is and we get a #5 pick for a guy like Strome. The worst possible outcome is playing better, finishing out of the playoffs, and getting a #15 pick.

If we can't beat Buffalo we are in serious trouble, only problem is we don't have Suter or Scandella so our D is looking amazingly thin right now.

Sabres are probably pi$$ed the "human pylon" Suter is not in the lineup....you could do better than him out there Bear the way he has been playing. No more excuses please.