• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

bbfenatic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let's say we string 3 or 4 wins together, does everyone jump off the cliff?

To say this team doesn't have the talent is ridiculous. They have plenty of talent, they just went toe to toe with the champs last year, and if it wasn't for a terrible bounce of the end glass would have been in a game 7 with them. Now this year they lose Heatly and gain Vanek, but suddenly don't have the talent? We need Keumper to start playing consistent, but I still see a run in this team.

6'1" and 180lbs on a skinny frame, you think as a Dman if he could have gained 20 pounds to even get himself up to 200 lbs he would not have done so already?

Oh come on, I know I've bulked up since 20 laugh

Vanek has had some great opportunities this game, but refuses to shoot. I don't get it. He shoots for every team he plays for...except us.

And I don't get how we get every bad glass bounce in the effin league. It's just a joke.

It's really sad when we lose these good close games on goals like that. It's about the 5th time now. I shot from just inside the point with no screen should never go in, and Keumper wasn't even close, his blocker didn't even move until the puck was on it's way out of the net.

Worse part is we know if we got to Backstrom we're going to have to score at least 4 goals to win.

I honestly don't think the playoffs are a possibility with goal tending like that. Backs will be bought out this summer and we'll either have to trade for or sign a new goalie. This team would be ahead of where they were last year had we not been dealing with AHL level goal tending. At this point, I say we tank it for a high draft pick.

Signing Backstrom is the only move Fletcher has made that I really, really do not like. I remember when he signed thinking, oh carp we gonna hate this in a couple years.

To say this team doesn't have the talent is ridiculous.

They have talent but unfortunately not to the level we all thought, plus we lack size/toughness....IMO last year they over-performed and got good tending thus had a decent run...this year they are under-performing and getting horrible tending thus are cellar dwellers. If every player could play up to their talent level and get good tending again they might be a playoff team but doubtful.

Might be time to sacrifice Kuemper and some assets for a goalie, maybe Cam Ward in Carolina. Short term gain and Ward has a high cap hit but playing well enough to maybe turn our season around. Kuemper isn't ready yet and Backstrom isn't good enough to carry the load any longer. Just hope it won't cost us too much.

Kuemper's one way contract demand will either be his road out of MN via waivers or is ticket to a seat on the bench as a backup to what ever competent goalie we find in the summer. Depending on what we have in the system for goalies (Johan Gustafsson I think it pretty much it) I would guess he sits on the bench instead of waivers.

I didn't hear any details, just that Zach was out to spend time with his father. I assumed from that, that there was not much time left. Yeah, really tough deal. I guess the only silver lining is that Zach was in Minnesota when it happened and has been able to spend more time with him in the last couple years as opposed to having played somewhere else.

Whoa, Yeo lit up the team at practice this morning. Had the team lined up skating "Herbies" (though Herbies are from the goal line, these were from the side boards, but who's checking). Lit up the team with a profanity laced tirade, slammed his stick into the glass and left the players and the ice.

Koivu left hurt, slamming his stick. Kuemper burst his labia and left practice as well.

We will see where this goes from here, but clearly some real emotion coming from Yeo directly squarely at the team and how frustrated he is with their effort. Apparently there were some shenanigans going on which led to his explosion.

He at one point pulled the veterans to the side and spoke directly to them, then at a later point the explosion occurred. Good for him. I hope that shakes these guys up and they snap out of it.

Kuemper, well, I think he is too fragile and this is going to crush him.

Kuemper, well, I think he is too fragile and this is going to crush him.

He's just not ready for the NHL. Unfortunately for him, he can't go back to the AHL without going through waivers. I wonder if they offered him a 2-way contract which paid the same amount or if that is even allowed.

Good for Yeo for getting mad. The players have been flat for too many games.

Russo called into KFAN and said in all his years of covering teams he never heard a coach melt down as much as Yeo did. I wonder what it's like to be an adult and have your somewhat similar aged coach dress you down and make you skate Herbies.