• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

bbfenatic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew they were bad, but didnt think they were that bad.

Dubnyk I thought did everything we should expect from a goalie. OVerall we played a sound defensive game, not allowing many shots/chances and he saved everything that came his way.

It was nice to see scoring from all lines. There was a lot of extra effort at times, but I will admit, there was a time in the first period where is seemed like the Wild could be on the verge of a collapse, but they pushed through it.

Haula had a nice game, solid second effort to get that puck back to Brodz. Nice play all around.

Vanek you could tell was motivated in his old building and had 8 shots, impressive shot on the PP for a goal and some other nice setups.

I was really worried about our defense with Suter being out and only 1 left shot back there. Spurgeon did a solid job filling in on the left side. Nice game for him too.

Hopefully the effort by those guys shows Yeo, etc that Suter can get his TOI cut a bit. Granted its Buffalo, not Chicago, but Suter has to reduce his minutes.

Sabres are probably pi$$ed the "human pylon" Suter is not in the lineup....you could do better than him out there Bear the way he has been playing. No more excuses please.

Ya he has hit a rough patch, a couple games off might be good for him. I will lay off the excuses for a while, time to let the season play out. Not even sure I want to check the standings these days unless they rip off 8 or 10 wins in a row. Too bad we can't play buffalo more often, wow they make us look good.

Hope Suter still has teeth left when Downie throttles his candy butt down the road.........Maybe Dumba will eat those punches for him first. Looked like Gerald Diduck throwing those straight rights last night, Dumba's very lucky he's not trying to answer the question today, "What's your name ? "

Hope Suter still has teeth left when Downie throttles his candy butt down the road.........Maybe Dumba will eat those punches for him first. Looked like Gerald Diduck throwing those straight rights last night, Dumba's very lucky he's not trying to answer the question today, "What's your name ? "

At least Dumba was willing to step up and he got in a couple minor blows...some of it was Dumba trying to prove he's ready for the big leagues IMO. Reminds me a little of Bufleyin as he progressed and plays like him somewhat IMO...OK at D but loves to push the envelope offensively and a decent shot....just wish he had Bufs size.

I agree. He's trying to stay in the NHl, no 1 can blame him on that although Brodziak should've took care of it, it wasn't a dirty check at all, just Dumba trying to get some street cred in the locker room, with the coaches and Wild fans. He's still lucky to have his incisors, those straight rights had some meaning behind them. Fighting a guy like that guy takes some guts, he's an up and comer as far as fighting goes, we got no 1 to match any other teams guy(s), I guess Bickel if he dresses and that's a maybe, he's no reknowned fighter with 23 NHL fights under his belt over a fairly long career already. That was barely a seasons worth of fights not so many years back. My old coaches brother had 408 penalty minutes in 1991 with 35 fights that season in the NHL and he was from Minnesota, most storied MN fighter ever maybe that no one knows much about unless you're a diehard. We need a few Milan Lucic's on our bench.

I was at the game so I didn't get the TV commentary, but did the Wild only get one shot in the 3rd period (Parise empty netter?) I was sitting off of the goal line on our attack zone 1st and 3rd periods and the puck was barely down on our end all period.

Edit: Looks like we got 5 registered shots on goal. Felt like we were on defense all period.

We were leading shots something like 29-6 half way through the second. It ended up more even by the end, so that tells you how much the ice was tilted in the third.

Dubie had a few pucks drop at his feet, but made some nice saves too. Overall, big improvement over the alternative.

Our style of play definitly changed in the 2nd period. We sat in our own end and just cleared the puck. No up ice rushes or offensive push. We have had a tendancy over the past few years to do this when up by 1 or two goals early. Its almost like a "prevent" defense that prevents us from winning.

Yeo before the game (paraphrased): I liked Spurgeon on the left side. I feel good about this because I can roll three D pairs with confidence.

Yeo proceeds to play the following ice times:

Suter: 30:11

Brodin: 21:05

Spurgeon: 20:11

Scandella: 19:51

Folin: 13:08

Dumba: 11:15

REALLY, YEO! Playing Suter 9min more than the next three guys, who are all solid defensemen. This is the kind of thing that Yeo does that drives me nuts. Suter hasn't been playing well. Lower his minutes and play some of the other good options you have before you run him into the ground like you did with Backstrom 2 years ago. mad

REALLY, YEO! Playing Suter 9min more than the next three guys, who are all solid defensemen.

You are absolutely spot on...why overplay they guy who has the worst plus/minus over the last month or so and is approaching 50 in hockey years? And was another minus 2 last night.

Yes they are, but why do we need to play him on the PP. His shot is not as good as Spurgeon or Scandella. Put him on the 2nd PP so he's out when the play transitions to even strength so we don't get burned. He doesn't need to be on the ice for 30min a game, regardless the situation when we have these other three available.

Are a lot of his extra minutes from the power play? The others have top 3 have close to matching times.

Could be but it is still minutes and IMO I would not have him on the PP, his shot is avg at best and he brings nothing to the PP that other could not...time to start giving others at least equal time so they get more experience and save Suter's legs.