• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

bbfenatic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folin sent to iowa yesterday. What are your thoughts on his play? Me, I think he has been fairly steady. Been more comfortable with him out there than dumba. Dumba may have more upside with offensive chances but yet to see much and he scares the heck out of me sometimes.

Folin sent to iowa yesterday. What are your thoughts on his play? Me, I think he has been fairly steady. Been more comfortable with him out there than dumba. Dumba may have more upside with offensive chances but yet to see much and he scares the heck out of me sometimes.

Personally I think Dumba seems much more comfortable out there both offensively and defensively...Folin seems to be a step slow. Dumba has a ways to go but making decent strides and Folin will benefit more at Iowa than Dumba would IMO.

Haven't seen as many games as usual but I have liked what I have seen from Folin, burned a few times but over looked steady. He's been out for a while so they might want to get some games under his belt and see where he is at.

Hoping Harding gets some good solid ice time down in Iowa after clearing waivers. I will feel much better for the Wild when he's ready to go (assuming he becomes so). I still think he has a part to play before the season is over.

Seems like our D play was a lot like last year. They all looked like rock stars in the beginning when everything was clicking and they were jumping up into the offensive play. Things came back to earth and some of the guys appear a little more like their experience/skill levels would predict. I'm still very optimistic on the blue line as a group; I think there is solid upside there in a few players (Folin and Dumba). Especially when we think back to who we rolled with 3-4 years ago back there.

When Heatley left, he forgot to take his ice walker with him and Vanek found it. If we get healthy and Vanek picks up the intensity a little, this team seems to have the necessary pieces.

Saw them posted on another site, Nino Granlund Fointaine and Haula Broz Carter. I really do love our depth, just get the feeling we should be doing better. Parise & Pommers have been fine, Nino is playing great, Zucker off to a great start but it would be nice to see a little more production from the rest of them.

Saw them posted on another site, Nino Granlund Fointaine and Haula Broz Carter. I really do love our depth, just get the feeling we should be doing better. Parise & Pommers have been fine, Nino is playing great, Zucker off to a great start but it would be nice to see a little more production from the rest of them.
Agreed, but remember when Cooke, Zucker, etc were 4th line guys and most of Zucker's points were from the 4th line? At that time we were clicking along nicely with balanced scoring.

We need Cooke back too.

This might be the third time Im saying this, but to this point I was wrong about Zucker. Man, that guy has sure made strides this year. Very happy to see.

At the same time though, I think Granlund has taken a step back. I am sure it will come, but his game is nowhere like it was at the end of last year.

This might be the third time Im saying this, but to this point I was wrong about Zucker. Man, that guy has sure made strides this year. Very happy to see.

At the same time though, I think Granlund has taken a step back. I am sure it will come, but his game is nowhere like it was at the end of last year.

I dont think Granlund has taken a step back so much as other teams are taking him as a serious scoring threat and putting tighter coverage on him.

I thought it was funny that Michael Russo tweeted "for those of you who asked why Koivu was sitting on the bench in the 3rd, they were saving him in case of a shootout". When I first read that, I thought he was just being funny, but now I see why, illness related.

Yep I think he has surprised everyone this year. Granny hasn't looked as good this year but still playing solid.

Granny was used and abused last night. The Wild are going to need to get a tough guy that can play or Granny and the rest of the team are going to be out with concussions by the 1st of the year. The refs once again let a lot of cheap sh!t go.

Granny just needs to be a little more elusive, its what makes Patrick Kane so good, Spurgie is pretty good at not getting killed as well.

He should watch film of Datsyuk, St. Louis, and Spurgeon. All are smaller guys that are very effective in the NHL. Seems like it's an on-ice awareness thing. Just being able to be a step ahead of the guys around them is what allows them to play in a league of bigger guys.