• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vikings 2014

SkunkedAgain

Here is a brief summary of the team since Wilf took over:

Since he has bought the team, the fans and the state have rewarded him with sellouts every year, 500 Million in contributions to a new stadium for his team to play in and a fan base who have supported them through every scandal their team has gone through since he took over.

this is what they have given the fans in return:

The Love Boat

The Whizzinator

Koren Robinson

Brad Childress

The TOA

The KAO

Starcaps

Moss 2

Several years of Tarvaris Jackson

Too many years of Christian Ponder

McNabb

Freeman

They lead the league in arrests during his tenure

A losing record of 71-77-1

3 playoff appearances in nearly a decade. One win.

No SB's

4 coaches

3-13

approximately 15 different starting QB's

Convicted of Fraud in the real estate business

Totally screwed the AP situation resulting in one of the most loved players all time being barred from the team.

Regularly blown out by the Packers.

I think it is safe to say that the record of Zygi Wilf speaks for itself in establishing him as a total failure as an owner. Its bad enough to endure the losing record over the past decade but the off the field issues are something we as fans should never tolerate. The fact that after the love boat and the "Culture of accountability" it is obvious he either doesn't want to or doesn't know how to create a culture where players live by the rules.He has not provided the leadership that it takes to create a winning record and to build a team that can compete year over year.

The problems with the Vikings start and end at the top. They pick the GM, they provide the leadership, the direction, the standards and the vision for the team and Wilf has failed at every one of them. I was willing to give him a pass for the tears that he spent more time and effort pandering for a handout from the state to build his new luxury stadium but after that passed, he needed to step up, take the reigns of the organization and build a team that the fans are proud of and that is worthy of the investment the state has made in them.

Yet this year may go down as the single most embarrassing year the fans have to endure in the history of the franchise. It's time we let them know that enough is enough.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep! By drinking more kool-aid, buying a replacement jersey to take the place of your Peterson one, buying tickets and spending money at the game... On and on and on...

You want to make a difference? Call their sponsors, tell them you refuse to use their products or services if they continue to sponsor the Vikings. I can guarantee you, those relationships are so fragile right now that on,y a few fans calling in will cause some to drop their sponsorship...

Otherwise it's business as usual, the wilds continue to make a mound of money. They really could care less what fans think as long as the money is flowing...

Good Luck!

Ken

Not to get nit pick your list purplefloyd but the whizzinator was in April of 2005 and I think the Wilf's bought the Vikes in May of 2005.

The list doesn't look that bad now does it.........

The story broke on May 11 2005 and he was kept on the team until 2006 right before the draft so it doesn't really change things as far as I am concerned.

Quote:
Minnesota Vikings defensive tackle Tom Johnson was arrested by Minneapolis police early Sunday morning on suspicion of trespassing and disorderly conduct.

Records show 30-year-old Johnson was booked into Hennepin County Jail at 3:18 a.m. He was released around 10 a.m. after posting $78 bail.

Sources say he was arrested after bar close on 7th Street and Hennepin Avenue in downtown Minneapolis.

The Mississippi native faces two misdemeanor charges of trespassing for refusing to leave and disorderly conduct.

The team issued the following statement Sunday afternoon:

"We are aware of the matter involving Tom Johnson. We are continuing to gather information and will have further comment at the appropriate time."

Quote:
Totally screwed the AP situation resulting in one of the most loved players all time being barred from the team.

Can you elaborate?

Yes.

First, they knew about it before it broke and could have dealt with it at that time. Then, when it broke in the middle of the Goodell, Rice fiasco they decided it was a good idea to throw him out on the field rather than sitting him until things blew over. Then, when all he!! broke loose and it came out he did it to another kid they finally figured out they should sit him until things were resolved.

Now, if they were not smart enough to know what kind of mistake that was they have no business owning a team.

Lolol!!

LABS and Purple...QUIT being fans then. Quit caring enough to post on a Viking thread.

It's that simple....

Because a fan doesn't want their team to be filled with convicts and failures they should stop being fans? What a pant load

What exactly should have been done and when?
They should have sat him immediately and not played him again until the legal process was over and he went through counseling at a minimum and with the number of law breakers this team has had cutting him outright might have been the best way to establish that behavior of that kind will not be tolerated.

Lolol!!

LABS and Purple...QUIT being fans then. Quit caring enough to post on a Viking thread.

It's that simple....

Ha! Easier done than said! I haver never one day in my life considered myself a fan or rooted for the queens... But guess what? I can still throw my opinion out there just like you and everyone else!

All I said was, if you want to take action, you'd have to get the sponsors to quit sponsoring, other wise Ziggy keeps making money and doesn't give a rip about the fans...

Here is a brief summary of the team since Wilf took over:

Since he has bought the team, the fans and the state have rewarded him with sellouts every year, 500 Million in contributions to a new stadium for his team to play in and a fan base who have supported them through every scandal their team has gone through since he took over.

this is what they have given the fans in return:

The Love Boat

The Whizzinator

Koren Robinson

Brad Childress

The TOA

The KAO

Starcaps

Moss 2

Several years of Tarvaris Jackson

Too many years of Christian Ponder

McNabb

Freeman

They lead the league in arrests during his tenure

A losing record of 71-77-1

3 playoff appearances in nearly a decade. One win.

No SB's

4 coaches

3-13

approximately 15 different starting QB's

Convicted of Fraud in the real estate business

Regularly blown out by the Packers.

I think it is safe to say that the record of Zygi Wilf speaks for itself in establishing him as a total failure as an owner. Its bad enough to endure the losing record over the past decade but the off the field issues are something we as fans should never tolerate. The fact that after the love boat and the "Culture of accountability" it is obvious he either doesn't want to or doesn't know how to create a culture where players live by the rules.He has not provided the leadership that it takes to create a winning record and to build a team that can compete year over year.

The problems with the Vikings start and end at the top. They pick the GM, they provide the leadership, the direction, the standards and the vision for the team and Wilf has failed at every one of them. I was willing to give him a pass for the tears that he spent more time and effort pandering for a handout from the state to build his new luxury stadium but after that passed, he needed to step up, take the reigns of the organization and build a team that the fans are proud of and that is worthy of the investment the state has made in them.

Yet this year may go down as the single most embarrassing year the fans have to endure in the history of the franchise. It's time we let them know that enough is enough.

Nice post! Bored today?

The fact that after the love boat and the "Culture of accountability" it is obvious he either doesn't want to or doesn't know how to create a culture where players live by the rules.

Maybe he should hire a "new sheriff"?

TheSheriffisBackinTowncover_zps9d16aaea.

What exactly should have been done and when? They should have sat him immediately and not played him again until the legal process was over and he went through counseling at a minimum and with the number of law breakers this team has had cutting him outright might have been the best way to establish that behavior of that kind will not be tolerated.

Interesting. ...so not only guilty before proven. So basically career over before even charged criminally.

Hmmmm...

Ill add that to list which ranges from he should be playing no matter what to he should be in jail for the rest of his life for what he did to that kid.

Thanks!

What exactly should have been done and when? They should have sat him immediately and not played him again until the legal process was over and he went through counseling at a minimum and with the number of law breakers this team has had cutting him outright might have been the best way to establish that behavior of that kind will not be tolerated.

No he never admitted doing what he was charged with. And nor will he ever admit to Child abuse. He doesn't rationalize it that way. It was discipline to him.

I get where you coming from and understand your overall frustrations.

I just disagree that any body including your work would terminate somebody the way you are suggesting.

No he never admitted doing what he was charged with. And nor will he ever admit to Child abuse. He doesn't rationalize it that way. It was discipline to him.

I just disagree that any body including your work would terminate somebody the way you are suggesting.

^^This^^