• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Teddy Bridgewater

klecker

Bridgewater, 4 throwing TD's and ran one in also.  Enough said.  Wait, i think a couple of guru's may chime in and find fault LOL.  good luck.

It's about time. Unfortunately I am unable to give you a realistic view of his performance because I was busy and not able to watch the first 3 quarters of the game. I will say it's good to see a Vikings QB be responsible for 5 touchdowns in one game rather than 1 season.

Ha Ha!!!  Even though the Vikings lost 3 of their best defenseman ect.  But That's just an excuse just like any fan usually make.  This shows we have talent [young] for back up for the future and they played well.  Our offensive line sucks and we still won, how about that.  Great at the run game but not at the passing game.  Chicago beat the cheeseheads which we could not do----yet.  We are 9-5 which a lot of teams wish had the same record.  We came close to beating Arizona, but that's like horseshoes, close but not the ringer.  That showed a lot, more than a lot of teams against this team.  Vikings are a young team with a great coaching staff and head coach.  Things are getting better and that can't be denied by even a great football guru like yourself.  good luck.

Is that the best you can do, I was really expecting to come on here and see some great reasons why Teddy throwing for four scores and running for another is not good enough because he didn't throw for 300 yards, How Peterson ran just enough to keep Teddy in the game. How bad the Bears are and so on and so on... Thing is Limit and Big Dave all you do is complain, what football teams do you follow, I have never seen anything written by you two about how your teams are doing... O wait you two actually follow the Vikings? no wait  Dave said he missed the first three quarters but he will have some expert analysis on the game he says he did not see.

Is that the best you can do, I was really expecting to come on here and see some great reasons why Teddy throwing for four scores and running for another is not good enough because he didn't throw for 300 yards, How Peterson ran just enough to keep Teddy in the game. How bad the Bears are and so on and so on... Thing is Limit and Big Dave all you do is complain, what football teams do you follow, I have never seen anything written by you two about how your teams are doing... O wait you two actually follow the Vikings? no wait  Dave said he missed the first three quarters but he will have some expert analysis on the game he says he did not see.

Everything about this post is wrong.

1. There is an entire post every year on this forum about the team that I follow.
2. I'm not complaining about anything.
3. I never said I would have expert analysis of any game.

I think AP getting dinged actually helped Teddy as it forced Norv to open up the playbook.

I don't think so. Teddy was still only asked to throw the ball 20 times. He has only thrown that few passes one other time in his career. 

I didn't see most of the game but from what I have read from even the articles that are singing his praises today, his performance was still ho-hum and he was the beneficiary of a poor defense that put no pressure on him and couldn't tackle his receivers after he hit them on his normal 3 yard passes.

If anyone has a different assessment I would love to hear it.

I didn't see most of the game but from what I have read from even the articles that are singing his praises today, his performance was still ho-hum and he was the beneficiary of a poor defense that put no pressure on him and couldn't tackle his receivers after he hit them on his normal 3 yard passes.

If anyone has a different assessment I would love to hear it.

Nobody will dispute that the bears aren't particularly a tough defense. Are the vikings just supposed to not show up and not play the game because of that?

He was 17/20 with 4tds and he also ran one.

1st NFL QB since 1964 w/85+ comp %, 4+ pass TD, 0 INT & a rush TD in a game. Must have been just a "ho-hum" game even though other QB's play the same poor defense but don't put up the same numbers?

Nothing I saw yesterday will win them any playoff games but I thought it was a great bounce back game after losing last week and they had a good balanced attack with AP out most of the game.

Edited by rundrave

Nobody will dispute that the bears aren't particularly a tough defense. Are the vikings just supposed to not show up and not play the game because of that?

He was 17/20 with 4tds and he also ran one.

1st NFL QB since 1964 w/85+ comp %, 4+ pass TD, 0 INT & a rush TD in a game. Must have been just a "ho-hum" game even though other QB's play the same poor defense but don't put up the same numbers?

Nothing I saw yesterday will win them any playoff games but I thought it was a great bounce back game after losing last week and they had a good balanced attack with AP out most of the game.

Hey don't shoot the messenger, I'm just repeating what I read in more than 1 article. Judging by your last sentence you seem to agree with the assessment, you just don't want to hear it from anyone else.

Dave I don't know what articles you are reading from but for anyone to say his performance was "ho hum".  That's just plain crazy to say that with the numbers he put out yesterday.  I have listened to KFAN, NFL network, ESPN and the anouncers of the game that day and I heard nothing but praise.  This was one game but for this game I bet there are a lot of QB's in the NFL that would like a day like he had.  What is the team you have a whole thread on in the NFL anyway?  The Browns where your superstar plays [part time]? :grin: good luck.

Bears can't tackle, make another QB look elite

WRITTEN BY PATRICK FINLEY POSTED: 12/20/2015, 06:13PM

sun-times-sun.svgSign-up for Chicago Sun-Times newsletters.

502111416_58256035.jpg?o=eyJ3aWR0aCI6NTAVIkings fullback Zach Line scores in the fourth quarter against the Bears. (Getty Images)

MINNEAPOLIS — Stopping Aaron Rodgers, apparently, was the easy part.

Since the Bears stuffed the all-world quarterback on Thanksgiving night, they’ve watched three quarterbacks — whose mothers might be the only ones to describe them as above average — dismantle their defense with the precision of the Packers great.

Sunday, in a 38-17 blowout, was Teddy Bridgewater’s turn.

The man who entered the game ranked No. 26 in passer rating accounted for five touchdowns: four in the air and one on a scramble up the middle in which he leapt through cornerback Tracy Porter at the goal line.

He became the first NFL quarterback since 1964 to complete 85 percent of his passes — he was 17-for-20 for 231 yards — and also throw for four scores, run for one and have no interceptions.

Only two quarterbacks have ever completed a higher percentage against the Bears. Bridgewater’s quarterback rating was a career-best 154.4.

He was, statistically, John Elway. Or better.

“He didn’t do any magic,” Porter said. “He didn’t do anything special.”

He played his position, and let the Bears bury themselves.

That was the most disturbing part, defensively, of an all-around disaster Sunday that saw the Bears allow their second-most points this season.

“We really ain’t tackled good today,” linebacker Pernell McPhee said. “And that’s what made him look really good.”

Running back Jerick McKinnon ran through three men on his 17-yard touchdown catch that gave the Vikings a 17-7 lead with 26 seconds left in the first half. Stefon Diggs ran through two tacklers on the second of his two scoring receptions, a 33-yarder, to go up 24-7 in the third quarter.

“We gotta start practicing good habits,” McPhee said. “When we start practicing wrapping up tackles and driving our legs and taking the guy down, that’s when we’ll start showing it on the field.”

No one tackles to the ground in practice. McPhee said the Bears don’t emphasize tackling enough mentally.

The last three games, all losses, prove it.

Redskins starter Kirk Cousins, 49ers backup-turned-starter Blaine Gabbert and Bridgewater each ran for a touchdown in the past three weeks, and combined to run 14 times for 105 yards.

They completed 59-of-83 attempts, or 73 percent, for 727 yards. The trio threw seven touchdowns and one interception.

McPhee said Bridgewater wasn’t “really slinging the ball across the field on us,” using throwing crossing routes and letting the Bears miss. But that’s worse. The Bears could live with stars like Rodgers carving them up.

“I don’t know what was more unbelievable,” Porter said. “That they were doing basic things that we’d seen before, or that we weren’t executing at the level that we can execute at.”

The mistakes veered beyond execution, McPhee said, and into a lack of desire.

“When you want something you go take it,” he said. “And right now, nobody ain’t trying to take it.”

The Bears couldn’t tackle that, either.

“Nobody put us at 5-9; we dug the hole ourselves,” Porter said. “Nobody’s gonna come save us.”

I'd say Teddy had a good game but only in that he did what he should have done.  He made maybe 1 or 2 very good throws (1st TD to Diggs) and the rest where the type of quick hitting throws that he's done all year.  Normally they are nice gains and keep the chains moving but this time they just happened to go for touchdowns.  

I'm not going to rip on Teddy for taking what he was given and in turn putting up 4 passing a 1 running TD.  He took full advantage of everything he was given.  However, I don't think we saw anything really new and I don't think we saw Teddy take any big steps forward yesterday.  

I have also heard some of the great's of pro football as far as coaches [Dungy] say that the mark of a good QB is to keep the chains moving, no matter how it's done.  That pass to Diggs was all pro caliber, right over the shoulder in his hands.  This game didn't make Teddy all of the sudden the QB of the future, I don't think anyone is saying that, but he had a hell of a game.  The pass to Wallace was another good one.  Let's give the defense a big pat on the back here also.  It seems it's all about the QB, all the time in most conversations.  Dave,  They tackled poorly and that's why Teddy looked good LOL!!!!  I thought maybe that the runners and receivers may have actually made some good runs also, but you didn't watch most of the game.  Couple of those TD's were made because of some great second effort as well.  So the writer of the article got his expert opinion from a bunch of sore loosers on the Bears defense.   good luck.

quoting players from a division rival after a beat down expecting praise? Really? Like anyone from Chicago is going to say anything nice after a game like that.

Since your an Alabama homer and have a man crush on AJ McCarron. He really lit up the 49ers this weekend didn't he?

Teddy was still only asked to throw the ball 20 times. He has only thrown that few passes one other time in his career. 

Your criticize Teddy for only throwing 20 passes but Alabama boy only threw 21. I guess they didn't want to turn him loose and had him throw as less as possible against the 49ers. He only threw for 192 yards. He didn't even throw 3td's in game, oh the humanity.....(insert sarcasm font)

Looks to me like the Bengals played conservative. Trying to not put a young QB in a position to lose the game...... but that's not acceptable to do if your the Vikings according to Dave.....

Your criticize Teddy for only throwing 20 passes but Alabama boy only threw 21.

Where did I criticize teddy for only throwing 20 passes? I'm pretty sure I clearly stated that he was only asked to throw 20 passes. You think it's criticism but in reality it is just someone being realistic.

Since your an Alabama homer and have a man crush on AJ McCarron. He really lit up the 49ers this weekend didn't he?

Really? Vikings fans of all people are going to compare a QB who is making his first ever start compared to a QB who has now played 2 full seasons? Although McCarron did do about as good as Theodore did against the 49ers only McCarron's team won.

What is the mark of a good QB? He wins the games he is suppose to, a great Quarterback wins the ones he is suppose to lose. Teddy in his second year is guiding the Vikes to a playoff game, Why are people complaining and comparing him to retired Hall of Fame QB's and rookies coming off the bench for other teams? None of them play for MN