• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Teddy Bridgewater

klecker

Although he did over throw jennings .. , Patterson " lost it in the sun" ( still looked uncatchable ) being constantly flushed from both sides of the pocket isnt helping him none .. also he seemed to play better when playing from behind it appeared that after he rolled out and ran for a couple downs .. washingtons defense stopped blitzing buying him more time to see the recievers , is possible norv dont trust him to change plays at line. Hence why he' s in the booth ?

What about the Jennings ball on the first play??

What about it? You want him to hit every pass? He's a rookie, sounds like you expect him to be a polished 5th year franchise QB his first games as starter with a horrible pass protecting O-line.

It's obvious he has some accuracy issues but he keeps his cool under pressure and doesn't turn it over. Junkson was a handful of yrs in and still looked like a deer in the headlights. I still don't see that comparison other then they are both black QB's. Teddy was doing things in his first start Junkson wasn't doing after yrs of starts.

It's pretty obvious Teddy has some skills. It's also pretty obvious he's a rookie and needs to do some work in the off season with his receivers.

It's also obvious the O line needs work.

Cripes, he's a rook. Yous guys really expect a 5th year gem from a rook?????

2 years. Give the new staff and rookie QB 2 years to develop the program. After 2 years if they suck, give em heck. In the mean time you have to let a corn stalk grow. Even Buck, the worlds greatest farmer knows that much.

What about it? You want him to hit every pass? He's a rookie, sounds like you expect him to be a polished 5th year franchise QB his first games as starter with a horrible pass protecting O-line.

It's obvious he has some accuracy issues but he keeps his cool under pressure and doesn't turn it over. Junkson was a handful of yrs in and still looked like a deer in the headlights. I still don't see that comparison other then they are both black QB's. Teddy was doing things in his first start Junkson wasn't doing after yrs of starts.

This^. I cant believe just how bad this o-line is. Im not sure what they will do with Kalil after this season but it is not working. Announcers were calling him out again today.

The first play from scrimmage was one if you are going to miss, you miss that one long. The one to Patterson when he is that wide open needs a lot of air and can be slightly underthrown. In the second half though his passes were much more on target. Maybe it took him a while to get a feel for things. The offensive line played much better in the second half as well.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/11/2/71...relle-patterson

What do you guys think?

Couple things here, he pulled up early and grabbed his helmet, you'd think if he seen it the whole time he would of continued to run full speed or even try to dive to make a play.

Another thing is you'll see once he gets past the CB he lets up and trots before hitting the gas again. If he would of ran full speed the whole time it would of been right on the money.

I don't know if it's on Teddy, Patterson, the sun, the wind, ect, I just know it sucked lol.

I know it's easy to point at Teddy and say he blew that long ball to CP84, but that was 90/10 IMO... 90 Patterson, 10 Teddy. Why was Patterson covering his head? Shielding it from the devastating blow of the ball? Lol. It seems to me he didn't run that route all the way out and that was the primary problem with that miss. The sun was obviously a factor, too.

Teddy got better throughout the game, I thought, and I think he is growing quite nicely as a rookie. I am very impressed, in fact. I have to question the football IQ of anyone who is dogging him right now after 5 starts (where he is 1 defensive play away from being 4-1 as a starter, by the way...). For every Andrew Luck there are 10 Teddy's and 200 Christian Ponders... In other words, good QBs take time, bad ones are a dime a dozen, and elite ones are few and very far between. I think we should be happy he is in the "10" group and let him grow as all rookies need to.

For every Andrew Luck there are 10 Teddy's and 200 Christian Ponders... In other words, good QBs take time, bad ones are a dime a dozen, and elite ones are few and very far between. I think we should be happy he is in the "10" group and let him grow as all rookies need to.

What makes you think he belongs in the "10" group already? Look at Ponder's stats from his first 5 starts, I don't think they are that much different.

What makes you think he belongs in the "10" group already? Look at Ponder's stats from his first 5 starts, I don't think they are that much different.

Fair enough, he doesn't deserve to be in the "good" category yet and I was premature in saying so. That said, he's shown intangibles in five starts that Ponder hasn't shown in 3 seasons. Poise, a willingness to stay in the pocket, and making multiple reads. I think Ray Charles could see his ceiling is higher than Ponders.

Ponder did have something that Teddy doesn't have, but he's currently on the Commissioner's exempt list... That can't be overstated when looking at any of Ponder's "success."

I bet Ponder has a stronger arm
Hmm, not sure about that. I never remember Ponder overthrowing a receiver well downfield. Perhaps thats because by the time the receiver got far enough down the field he had either checked down, was sacked or ran from the pocket.

Just saying Bridgewater's arm strength is very suspect, and if you dont think ask yourself if you know the difference between a stop route and an under thrown ball. There were way too many yesterday. He'll be picked off 3 times next game, at least. Yesterdays game film is a Defensive coordinators wet dream.

I am optimistic about the Vikings going forward. Many of you forget , NEW sytems on both sides of the ball, many NEW players and a young roster, a NEW quarterback that is progressing nicely, and, all aspects of the game are improving......All things considered, I see an upward spiral!

Many of you forget , NEW sytems on both sides of the ball, many NEW players and a young roster, a NEW quarterback

How could we forget? This same stuff was said every time a new coach is hired. Leslie, Childress, etc, etc.

Captain, you must love the Asiata check downs. And the unintentional back shoulders. I'm talking about the the INTs next week, like I said that game film is a D coords wet dream.

At least someone gets it. The guy CANNOT throw the ball down the field. Last time I checked that's generally the requirement for an NFL QB. All these excuses that he is a rookie and blah blah blah. Give me a break. For the last 10-12 years that's all this guy has done is to throw the ball. At this point if he cant figure out how to get it into a tiny window at 20-30 yards there is NO WAY he will ever figure it out. He has BLOWN a ton of open receivers and opted for the checkdown way too much. He could also help himself out of the poor line play by getting rid of the ball sooner or audible to a better play.

Dont get me wrong, there are a couple things about him that I certainly like, but I just dont see enough upside in the guy that he will be the answer. I think 10 years from now he will be just good enough to still be starting and have a heck of a game once in a while, but he will never make it deep into the playoffs, and the drought will continue for this franchise.

In regards to last weeks game I cant figure out why Washington didnt all out blitz him on every play like they did to Dallas and go man to man with press coverage on our sub-par receivers. The line would have caved and Teddy would have been forced into some mistakes.