• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What are you camping in this year?

Big Dave2

Jr and I are in a tent this year for the first time, after 6 years in a 29 footer. He is having blast. Me....kind of miss the couch, stove, fridge, microwave, flush toilet, and shower ......REALLY miss the roof top air grin Don't miss the gas and matainence bill of lugging that big pig around though, and now a lot easier to actually "get away from it all". Hear ya on the hard ground, Comit.....never leave home without the cot wink

20140720_151545_zpsq0zeinbe.jpg

Ask yourself, is Floatright park at Apple river a camping area or a party spot. Do you cook food at the camping area or make a run to town. Do you cook in doors or outside. Are you getting away or taking it with you. Do you need new skills. Is the main objective outdoors. Does a Boy Scout manual apply to anything you are doing. Are you really camping? Is renting a cabin camping? Is staying at a hotel near a park camping? Is sleeping next to the tracks waiting for a train camping? Is going into the Chippewa Natiol Forest to a remote lake camping?

Sorry I can't answer for you.

Quote:
Alcoholic's don't need RVs, they need alcohol!!!

I was trying to to down play the drug thing, but if we must.

How about working your way up Cheyenne Mountain or Pikes Peak and burning a big fat one full of Northern Lights and watching the world go by down in Colorado Springs. Much, much better in a tent!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting as heated as the trout forum stocker/ spin gear/ live bait debates grin Lots of positives and negatives to both, and speaking of having a cold one while "camping"....will have a beer or five with either one of ya ..... no matter how you roll wink

It ain't camping unless at least four hours everyday are spent either fishing or hunting smile

I don't care if you're in a 6 oz. back pack tent or in a $200,000 motorhome........... rules are rules....... grin

We "camp" two different ways.

Usually we are in the Yetti fish house up north, works awesome but some a/c would be nice wink

Otherwise we can be found in a tent on the river at a remote site, or at a campground on a good fishing lake.

This spring I bought a new Coleman Instant six man Cabin. So far I am loving the speed of set up and take down. It is somewhat similar to a hub hunting blind. I've only had it out three times this year, but very impressed so far!

Have my little 6.5x12 Yetti setup to sleep 3 comfortably with a deck, grill, and mini fridge. Haven't had to stick the window AC in yet this year, but it's in there if we ever are out for a few hot days. Since I took the wheels/tongue off it, it must be real camping. smile

Have also slept in the back of the truck a few times, but it's usually when we already have 3 people in the shack.

IMG_0634copy.jpg

Like I stated in my original post, I sold our 5th wheel camper this spring but we still want to continue to go camping from time to time. A couple of weeks ago I picked up this little pop up camper for $600. There's a little work to do to get it into camping shape but overall it's in pretty good condition for the money. I have tested the fridge and that works so that's a good bonus but I have yet to test the furnace.

20140825_070448_zpsic5sgjse.jpg

20140824_200129_zps6gzk4ycx.jpg

20140824_200113_zpswbukheif.jpg

Just picked up a 2006 Starcraft pop up with a slideout!! 3 years ago we had a small pop up, then tried the big travel trailer, (couldn't STAND dragging that around) and now back to a pop up! Felt great towing it down the freeway at 70 and still getting 14 MPG. I must be getting old, tired of spending money and towing heaving things. frown

Wife didn't like my pop-up camper idea so I got rid of it and bought another RV. It's a 2001 Wildwood light 26'. Took it out twice so far this year, just got back from Itasca State Park. I don't know or care if any of you call it camping or not but I call it FUN!

Camper Old Wagon.jpg

we've tented. pick up campered, yuck! tented again, travel trailer, then tenting, now its the ice castles, it gets cramped, but sure is nice on cruddy day or cold nights. pop in a dvd, turn on the fan, can load all the gear plus grill. were headed to Grahms island ND in two weeksend, this weekend is winniebegosh, best of both world, and we did buy the clam screen tent, that is so cool and the way to go.