• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trap load shortage

The issue is people hoarding. Going in and buying everything like the sky is falling. Went in to buy some 9mm. and everything was sold out in 2 stores. I mean really do you really need like 10000 rounds of every gun you own. plus all you are doing is driving the price up with demand.

Was just checking a local auction site and .22 ammo was outrageous 500 rds was going for $82.00 , a box of 50 going for $13.00 these are the ones driving the prices up and up and as long as this goes on the prices will not go back down.

Please explain to me what I can do to help solve this problem.

I cant find a box of .22 ammo to buy. So do I just abstain from buying ammo altogether in order to not be a part of the ammo mania? At what point am I going to be on the approved buyers list?

not sure where youre located mnguy152, but i went to the big c in rogers this past saturday and they had tons of 9mm ammo - 13.99 for 50 rounds. I've had decent luck finding .22 ammo and when I can't find it a guy from work can get it out in western minnesota any time he goes to visit family, 23.99 for a box 325

You can still find .22 LR for $.04/$0.05 but it is rare.....more like $0.08/$0.10 per round.

.22 LR is hard to find lately (for me). I have not seen it anywhere in the last 2 months.

Glad to see that Reeds had good pricing at their annual gun/ammo sale in Little Falls. Wish I could have been there this year....would have got as much trap ammo as momma would have let me.

How many on here remember when .22 was $.01-$.015/rd? I'm only 29 but I remember when I was 10-12 buying bricks with the $5 I got for mowing our 4 acre lawn with a push mower! Lol I'd mow every 2 weeks & get a new brick every time. I'm sure they were even cheaper "back in the day."

The issue is people hoarding. Going in and buying everything like the sky is falling. Went in to buy some 9mm. and everything was sold out in 2 stores. I mean really do you really need like 10000 rounds of every gun you own. plus all you are doing is driving the price up with demand.

I don't think there's THAT many people hoarding ammo. I have quite a bit but that's just cuz I get factory seconds from a buddy that works at Federal for about 1/2-1/4 of what retail is. Sure, there's a handful that have 10s of thousands of rounds sitting in their massive ammo storage, but that's a drop in the bucket. That same buddy that works at Federal told me that ONE of their 5.56 machines puts out between 1-3 MILLION rounds an hour, & they have dozens of these machines running 24/7. Pretty sure there's no way us civies are buying it all up!!!

What the ???? I just can't believe people don't know who is buying all this ammo. It's almost like these clowns are thinking it's going to be a currency. I have to say the .22 shortage always left me scratching my head now 9mm. Wow!!If it comes down to target loads for a shotgun or duck loads I am going to request a Grand Jury be conviened.

As far as trap loads...my co-worker and I just recieved the 20 cases of Rio's we ordered and they were the same price as last year. Shipping was $7 more than last year. Didn't have any limit as to what we could order and didn't hear anything from the sales rep about shortage when we placed the order.

I may be a little tougher to get those RIO shotshells as half of the plant exploded last week or so that's what I was told tonight by a Federal employee.

The only rounds I can't find now is .22. It's the same as anything else guys. Remember gas just a few short years ago? I remember putting gas in my pickup for $.99/gal 12 years ago. They jacked up the price and everyone kept buying it. They keep jacking up the price but we keep buying it. Obviously fuel is a little different cuz it's a necessity, but the story is the same. The price of ammo will never go down. If anything, it's gonna go up. And we'll keep buying it cuz we love to shoot

All true and good points...but note that prior to the huge order the govt put in...some 22 billion rounds, the ammo companys had no problem meeting the demand of the public.

They were on prodcution schedules of running 5 days and only 2 shifts.

THey are now running 24/7, with 3 shifts.

The panic of ammo with the public and pushing up prices is making many millionaires.

22 billion rounds...I find zero information on this on the interwebs. Got any links to the RFQ's or proposals for this? I find lots of discredited reports regarding "1.2 billion rounds" from super sleuths like Alex Jones...

You believe President Pinniochio in what he says?

The facts are out there. Huffinington Post, Forbes, Snopes, etc...

Talking with guys from ATK in Idaho and MN...I believe it.

Oh yeah...remember, "you can keep your current health coverage and doctor too...I promise"..... That is going to cost us all dearly in the next 2-5 yrs - but thats a different topic in itself.

I have friends that work at ATK. not on the floor, not at sportsman's shows, they work in R & D on stuff they don't get to talk about...Stuff that DARPA conjures up. I also have a friend that works for DHS down in Texas. They train all the time, cross training with all the other alphabet agencies. Live fire. They burn up a ton of ammo. They laugh at the conspiracies. Again, I cannot find any information about procurement contracts or proposals for 22 billion rounds. It's much more convenient to blame the gubberment for something that shooters themselves caused, which was a drought of ammo.

I was a outside contractor working in atk and you would not believe the amount of ammo pallets after pallets ready to be shipped out to different police and federal government all around the world. The military section of the plant wasn't very big but I could see the drums filled with 5.56 7.62 and even a bunch of .50 cal and .338 lapua match ammo.

In case anyone in the Monticello area cares.... Runnings has Federal 1 1/80z, 7.5 shot, 1200 fps target loads for $58.99 a case. Not a sale price. Normal case price.

They have their grand opening this week and have a $10 off coupon floating around. So I picked up a case today for $48.99.