• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NCAA Tourney itself

archerystud

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No game nor opponent can be taken lightly this time of year. Only thing that matters is the game at hand. HOLY CROSS ring a bell?

You don't have to ring that bell for me. I watched the game at the Hooters in Green Bay right after pounding walleyes on the Fox. The whole place went nuts. We had tickets to the Midwest regional at the Resch Center and fished eyes when the games weren't going on. Badgers beat Bemidji and then Cornell in 3 OTs. Great weekend. grin

I do think that is the only time a 16 has beat a 1 though. Glad it was the Gophs.

GAME DAY!!!! Gophers lost Bjugstad, Alt, Haula, Schultz, and Budish to the early departures last year, to be playing in this game today is truly amazing. Can't say enough about the freshman class and not to mention several other returners who have stepped up big time.

Go Gophers!

The freshmen have added the points that left early that's for sure. I hope we do not lose anyone early this year. I think Fasching and Kloos play big tonight. Kloos got knocked around last game and needs to prove to himself that that won't happen again.

Wilcox is going to get the shut out after not being named 1sr team all American or getting the Ritcher Award. He is going to win the biggest award and prove he is the best goalie in college hockey.

Ya I am a homer, Go Gophers RAH!!!!

Even a huge Union supporter such as myself has to feel for the ardent rodent illusionist. ESPN, NCAA and hockey east have this decided.

Anyone else sense Barry is watching other games and when the producer points at him he just says words? Called the rodents Maine.

This is one of the reasons I hate ESPN. Their hockey coverage is a joke. Buccigross and Melrose have got to be the worst duo imagineable. Melrose is just one cliche after another. Bucc just lets complete nonse fall out of his yap. Far worse than Lapanta and Greenlay for the Wild, and that's saying something! laugh

I see Buck is spewing his usual stuff, I wonder why he isn't posting in the Wild thread after all the hate the past two seasons? Congrats to union, they scared me more than BC and proved it today, a good game by the Gopher but not good enough, have to give props to union for a solid performance earned the title today.

I thought the Gophers were skating well, just not giving Wilcox any support. Goalies isn't expected to make one rebound save much less FIVE.

I was pulling for Union a little bit only because they hadn't won a title before but was getting tired of the man crush Melrose had on Gostisbehere.

Ya they really weren't playing all that bad, had they not imploded defensively at the end of the first (3 goals in 2 minutes) it could have gone either way. Even then Reilly had a chance to tie the game in the 2nd and we pulled within 1 goal with 4 minutes left.

It took me a bit longer to shake this loss. Its so much tougher to get back to a title game these days, we may never get back to another.

Not surprised by the loss but the 6 goals scored on the best tender in the country was a shocker.

Looking for positives here, we continue to own the Sioux in all of the big games dating back to the 79, 01 and now 2014 FF games. grin

So Yale and Quinnipiac In last years title game, huh? and Union winning it this year, who?

How about Bemidji State and Penn State next year? Lol

Love it or not parity is here to stay my friends.

One last thing ZERO Percent chance Bucksuthelund passed a single class at the U of M.

Actually less then ZERO like the movie... grin

I think Wilcox gets FAR too much praise. He has a quick glove but rarely clenches the puck on a hard shot. Way too many rebounds and he doesn't direct them well out of harms way. He may have impressive stats but he has a lot of fundamentals to work on to be in the same conversation as some of the elite goal tenders.

This year was an absolute surprise. Next year there are more studs coming in and provided we don't have a mass exodus of young kids we aren't losing much IMO.

We will have a better team next year. Doesn't mean a championship because they are hard to come by but it should be attainable.

No longer. Did it for about 2 years. Some subbing then couple long-term sub jobs. Then the economy crashed in 08 along with pensions and state budgets. Was near impossible to get a job. At the same time corn prices were getting good, and I was able to return home and take a loan and start farming. Havent looked back.