• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Striker ice suit's?

I have used the Climate suit the last two seasons and absolutely love it.

The ability to have a removeable liner makes this really a multi-season parka. I wear the liner in Spring and Fall alone and its a nice jacket by itself.

I have never been cold and do not have issues with no venting like some of the other brands of floating suits on the market. You sweat to death in them and they can form mildew from all the moisture built up, but I havent had any issue with this because of the cross flow venting in the Striker.

There are lots of pockets and D ring clips to attach flashlights, etc so it was definitely well thought out.

Plus at the end of the day smelling the removable chamois on the bibs lets me know how successful the day was.

i am on the second season with my climate suit and echo pretty much every thing captianmusky said, also i have nothing but good to say about their customer service, the way they dealt with a issue i had made a customer for life, as long as their in business i will wear their gear.

I have the hard water and love it. The only issue for me is I can never remember what pocket I put things in ha that is my own fault really... Only real issue I have is the chamois cloth like to come unbuttoned but usually only one corner has not bothered me.

I always wonder why everyone else is complaining that its cold out and then remember that they are not wearing one smile

Best purchase I have made for ice fishing in years!! I have the climate suit and have yet to get cold even in the brutal temps we have seen this year. In fact on the coldest day this year I suited up and sat outside for 10 minutes just to test the suit...I was warm as could be and am as happy as can be with the Striker Climate suit

How does the size run on the suits? I have heard they run small.

i had to go 2 sizes bigger with the jacket than the bibs, but i have heard they have since fixed that issue, im 6'1" 240 and wear xl bibs and a 3x jacket, i probably could have went with a 2x jacket but the shoulders were a little snug on it and i also wanted to have plenty of room under it with the liners in for a hoodie since i usually fish out of a shelter and hardly wear the jacket inside, but the suit is awesome for walking around on the ice before i can drive out and great for hole hopping.

Im 6'1" 230 and just purchased the climate set this year. I dont think I would want the bibs or coat any less tight then it is and I purchased the xl

I love how it blocks out the wind and how warm it keeps you. I still use my old walls set from ten degrees and above but at that the striker goes on.

First set of bibs I had somehow the leg fabric tore. I have no idea how it happened and I wasnt very pleased about it but scheels returned it no questions asked. I also most of just bumped the edge of my heater and i now have about a cigarette sized hole in the outer fabric on the sleeve. Its not nearly as durable as walls or carharts but I think the insulation and wind blocking is ten times better plus it floats.

awesome products from an awesome company, what else is to be said! The climate coat runs a bit snug still, the rest of the line should be corrected. even so, check out the sizing guide on the site. Also dont be afraid to give a call to striker if you have any other questions, I know Shawn may be out of the office for a short bit, but one of the others should be able to help.

I have an issue getting my boots through there as well. Size 13 kamik boots.

Get your boots through where? You guys trying to put your boots on first and then slide on the bibs? grin

Size 13 Saskatchewan Pac Boot here, no probs, I don't see how you could unless your boots go above your knees.

Putting boots on before bibs?

Yes precisely.  That’s the whole idea, or more so taking them off with your boots still on.    Might not be a big deal to some people but there are a lot of times its nice not to spend time unlacing and pulling your boots off to take your bibs off or put them on

I see, yeah I've never even tried to slide my AA over my Pac boots. My boots are the last thing I put on when I leave and my boots are the first thing I take off when I get home. I just leave my laces tied so my boots can slip on and off.

Even if/when I get a Striker suit I'm sure I'll do it the same way.

My biggest problem with bibs is they like to rub my nipples raw even if they are loose lol. Anyone making a floating suit that are just pull over pants like ski pants and not bibs?

Simple solution to the boot issue: MUCK BOOTS! I can't praise them enough. Super warm,comfy,water proof, and no tying. Also they fit through my new Striker suit! Also,thank you all for your reviews and testimonials. Happy to hear from satisfied Striker owners!