• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Striker ice suit's?

My biggest problem with bibs is they like to rub my nipples raw even if they are loose lol. Anyone making a floating suit that are just pull over pants like ski pants and not bibs?

TMI.....TMI....LOL!!! laugh

What's the difference between the climate and the predator with a light coat under it?

the climate is kinda like both of the other suits combined, without the liners close to the "lite" or whatever its called now and with the liners in its very close to the hardwater

The climate suit is gonna be the most versatile of all of them with the removable liners that offer 175 gr. In the bibs. The predator is their middle of the road sorta speak on the insulation factor at 100 gr. but still a very warm suit. Both offer same ventilation features with leg zip, radial and back vents. Predator took over the lite model from years prior. The hardwater model will be the next step down from the climate on the insulation factor with same venting minus the radial vents. All suits feature the surefloat technology.

Amazon might be the place to go they carry the Striker stuff. I have been talking myself in and out of buying the Climate jacket the last couple days. I have a $50 Amazon gift card that's burning a hole which would get me the jacket for $189. I have a Carhartt jacket that does just fine and I'm in the wheelhouse most of the time so the need isn't really there.

I really like my Striker Suit. Only issue I had was the crotch busted open in my bibs but they have since taken care of that issue. I have tried on all their suits and every one has been very high quality. I wouldnt hesitate to buy any striker suit.

I would suggest that you try them on somewhere before you buy them on line! You may find out that you need a bigger size then you think! wink

Yeah I would like to try it on before I buy. I am by Marshall MN also 1 hr from Sioux Falls SD if someone down there sells it?

If all else fails I will try and make it to the ST. Paul Ice Fishing show next year and buy it there hopefully!

Thanks GUys……I like the Climate Jacket but like the dark grey color of the Hardwater…what to do!

Yeah I would like to try it on before I buy. I am by Marshall MN also 1 hr from Sioux Falls SD if someone down there sells it?

If all else fails I will try and make it to the ST. Paul Ice Fishing show next year and buy it there hopefully!

Thanks GUys……I like the Climate Jacket but like the dark grey color of the Hardwater…what to do!

email Striker or call them like I did to find the nearest dealer to you. But, I did end up going with a FXR suit since I sled and ice fish which has the "FAST" flotation in it. wink

Amazon might be the place to go they carry the Striker stuff. I have been talking myself in and out of buying the Climate jacket the last couple days. I have a $50 Amazon gift card that's burning a hole which would get me the jacket for $189. I have a Carhartt jacket that does just fine and I'm in the wheelhouse most of the time so the need isn't really there.

LMAO you just did it right there! I'm the same way with most purchases.

I purchased the Striker suit the first or 2nd year they came out with the ice gear and I haven't looked back. It's incredibly warm and keeps the wind/rain/snow whatever off of you.

LMAO you just did it right there! I'm the same way with most purchases.

I purchased the Striker suit the first or 2nd year they came out with the ice gear and I haven't looked back. It's incredibly warm and keeps the wind/rain/snow whatever off of you.

Well I talked myself into it today. Went to Marine General today and tried them on. Truthfully I could have gone either way. Medium or large on the jacket. Bibs will be before next season. I finally settled on medium and ordered on Amazon a few minutes ago.

I run a strong small/medium if you will 5'8 and about a buck 65. The large fit all right with just a bit more room underneath and the medium fit good but just a bit more snug but a bit less bulky and therefore a bit more comfortable.

I figure with this jacket and liner you don't need much more underneath. A good base layer and a light sweatshirt and you're good to go. No need to worry about a hoodie or anything heavier than a sweatshirt underneath.

Looking forward to getting it now. Hope it gets here by next Friday we are heading to LOTW.