• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ruger 10 22 memories

I have had some of my best memories shooting my Ruger 10 22!

Going through a box of 22's just plinking at cans.

As a hunting 22, always on target if I do my part and ready with a second shot if I didn't.

Just an all around good gun!

I was raised on a Winchester mod 69A bolt action .22 and I still have it ,but the after I had shot the 10-22 I had to have one IMO it is probably the best .22 ever made. I recently purchased one for my son and almost kept it for myself. There are so many things that can be done with one the options are unlimited.

The only problem I have with them is that the After trigger groups for them are very expensive.

No question it is a dandy and fun little rifle, but "the best .22 of all time"? No no. The Winchester Model 52 Sporter is the best .22 of all time!! Ha Ha! Then there is the Remington Mod. 12 slide action and the little Mod 92 Winchester.

And have you ever checked out some of the true works of art from a couple German gun makers?

But I quibble....the Ruger 10-22 is surely one of the most fun contemporary .22 rifles. But remember, there is a wonderful bolt action Ruger too (mine has laminated stock) that is a true tack-driver.

It's all good fellas.....it's all good!

My first firearm! Got it when i was 9. Mowed our 3.2 acre lawn all summer for $10 each time & came up $20 short but my dad surprised me & gave me an extra $20 on the last cut of the year. Several years ago I sat down & figured how many rounds I put through that gun & figured between 25-26,000 before I cleaned it. I used that gun for my scabbord gun when trapping & it was FILTY! Took it apart & couldn't get it back together so I gave it to a gunsmith for a partial trade on a new 870.

Ufatz, I have a 77/22 also & LOVE it. With CCI's that thing will hit the primer on a spent shotgun shell at 50 yards every time.

Had the granddaughters, grandson, and niece out in October and two 10/22's and an old springfield went through about 2000 CCI's smile all while big grins were everywhere!

My brother has my Dad's Remington pump 22 (don't know the model) and it is a blast, so smooth and fun to shoot. Also have my Grandpa's short Remington semit-auto that breaks in half, twists apart, and that is a cool little gun too (can't recall the model, but the one that was/is part Browning).

FWIW the new Ruger 25 shot clips work MUCH better than the cheapies I also have. I don't think we had a jam while using the Ruger clips, but I also think the CCI were much better than the cheap bulk Federals we used to use.

Also they are easy to buy as many as you want at Joes. A bit more expensive but I find them readily accessible.

The only problem I have with them is that the After trigger groups for them are very expensive.

That is the reason why I traded my last 10-22. The trigger was terrible, and I couldn't justify spending the money on a aftermarket trigger for it. It was a fine semi auto .22, don't get me wrong. I ended up going with a Savage bolt action .22 with a much better trigger. I got to agree the tinkering options for the Ruger are almost endless.

My grandfather won a new shotgun at a Rod and Gun Club banquet somewhere in Trempealeau County Wisc. when I was just a kid and he decided it would be better if he traded it in for two 10-22's. One for me and one for my bro! What a great guy and what a great gun. I was probably way less than 10 years old, I honestly don't hardly remember when I didn't have the gun so it was definitely a long time ago. Always been a joy to shoot and never failed me yet.

I'm planning on picking one up for each of my kids for their first gun as soon as ammo is more available. It'll still be a few years before they will get them seeing as they're 2 and 4 years old but the prices won't get any cheaper on them. Plus my daughter will love one in a pink stock.

When I was a kid I'd ride my bike to the river with one tied to the side in the case and walk the woods all day long on the weekends. I couldn't begin to count the rounds that went through that gun.