• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Problems staying logged in...

I am seeing the same thing as Whoaru99, but I am using WinXP and latest Chrome on this particular PC. Only this site, not others, and started noticing it about a month ago. I found that it happens whenever I close the browser totally, and then open a session back up. It remembers me as long as I keep the browser session open. Weird thing is, it remembers my username and password so I don't really have top type anything, just hit the button to log in... Funky...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to think some of the problems with staying logged in is something to do with cached credentials. You can crank the security levels up and it won't save passwords from one session to another. But if you are getting logged out between screens there is more to it than that.

I was logged off twice today from HSO. I just closed the browser when I was logged in and then came back and was logged off. It did that a couple times and this afternoon I've stayed logged in but this AM I wasn't. Weird.

Work PC - Win7 - IE9.

I tend to think some of the problems with staying logged in is something to do with cached credentials. You can crank the security levels up and it won't save passwords from one session to another. But if you are getting logged out between screens there is more to it than that.

When I am at home I'll be logged in at first but then I'll click on a forum to check out the threads or I'll click on a thread to reply and that's when I am logged out.

Thinking a little more about this. In options there should be a setting for how often a web browser checks for a new cookie, it cold be for those that are getting logged out as they move from page to page it is refreshing the cookie each time. Worth looking at.

Here is what I have found out about my android cell phone.

I used to have problems from time to time with logging in every time.

I figured out that if I open an incognito browser it will not stay logged in.

I have not had a problem since.

I have the same issue different times. There is no real pattern at all. Multiple times on forum with no issue or even months, then I will have it every time I use the forum for a few days. Funny thing is even I do not change any settings, it will resolve the issue itself.....until the next episode.

I have had issues of staying logged in when I am in the site. I log in, then when I go into a topic I am logged off. once I do the cookie thing, it works. from what I have found of late, if I don't click the remember me box it works fine, I have to log in every time I visit, but I stay logged in when I am in the site going from topic to topic. smile

I never had a problem before but now it seems like I have problems only when I log in with a different PC/phone and come back to my main PC. It will remember my logon and password once I hit the log in tab. It will work just fine until I log in with a different device. Not a big deal.

Started having the login issues again tonight. Again I changed nothing, it just started out of the blue.

I clicked on a thread listed on the left side menu and when i went to the thread I was suddenly logged out and the background color of the entire site changed to a dark gray color. Not sure what would cause that.

Of the people having issues, is it only IE that seems to be having the problem?

I use either Chrome or Opera and have not had any issues. If I close my browser it does want me to log back in, but that is most likely it refreshing the cookie for the site.

Hmmm...

Added hotspotoutdoors.com to Trusted Sites, then logged in and then I was able to stay logged in as I moved between forums and or posts. Next, I removed hso from Trusted Sites and it still stays logged in between forums/posts, even after closing and reopening the browser.

To me that seems like there is something a little funky with the security settings of the site. Again, haven't had to do that on any other sites I frequent.

Guess we'll see if it lasts this time...

Of the people having issues, is it only IE that seems to be having the problem?

I use either Chrome or Opera and have not had any issues. If I close my browser it does want me to log back in, but that is most likely it refreshing the cookie for the site.

It has only been on Firefox for me. It comes and goes with no changes on my end.

The site either will or will not accept the password your PC sends. Since this is not affecting everyone it most likely a setting on the web browser. If it was strictly a site issue, everyone and every browser would be acting the same way.

One thing to remember is that Microsoft doesn't always do things in the most convenient manner when it comes to security. How many times have we all seen the security warnings when installing or removing software. If you a do bit of it, it will drive you bat sheet crazy after a while.