• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Problems staying logged in...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone. Was just curious if anyone else has a problem staying logged in to HSO? I have to log in EVERY time I visit the site, despite checking the "remember me each visit" box. Does anyone know why it wont just leave me logged in? Or how to fix this problem?

What is your browser set up to do with "cookies"? Got any add ons that delete them?

I have this problem for the last 2-3 weeks. when I have logged back in, then go to a subject, I would be logged off again. I have had to go into my stuff, and delete cookies, and re-log in. this has worked most times, but not all. and when I leave the site, and come back a day later, I have to log back in, and go through everything again, even after hitting the remember me button every time.

If you are using the web browser that comes with windows instead of Chrome, firefox or the like, you are most likely using Internet Explorer. I know they just came out with a new version about a week ago. I ran it for 1 day and uninstalled it.

Had IE10 for a while. Wasn't having any log in / log out issues but some other things didn't satisfy me so I rolled it back to 9.

That said, I did do some other updates about an hour ago and then had problems staying logged in (still on IE9).

What seems to have fixed it is that I logged in and straightaway went to "My Stuff", then all the way to the bottom where it says "Cookies", clicked on that, then clicked on the "Expire Cookies" button.

Once that was done I had to log in again, but have been logged in fine ever since.

Try installing chrome. You can check your version of IE by clicking on help(the ?) and then clicking about. You can roll back to a previous version if you need to. Would have to go to control panel, programs and feature click updates and then find the IE update and remove/uninstall it.

Still no luck here....I deleted my cookies and tried again and NOPE....I believe I still have IE9....dunno...not the end of the world, just really annoying.

Did you delete cookies via the option in IE or using the "Expire Cookies" function on this forum?

I'm still on IE9 and still have not had to re-login since my post saying so on the 25th.

Just thought of this, but could be the newer IE has a set an option to delete cookies on exit.

Internet Explorer 7 to 10:

Select Tools | Internet Options.

Select the Content tab.

Under "AutoComplete", click Settings.

Make sure the User names and passwords on forms checkbox is checked.

Click OK twice.

Restart Internet Explorer.

Had only an occasional log in issue in the past, but now can't get my home pc to stay logged in even to post one thing. Log in at main screen then when I try to go into any forum/subforum I'm no longer logged in.

Have done the expire cookies and cleaning out all the IE cookies and stored information multiple times to no avail.

I frequent several different forums and am NOT having this problem on any other. What's so "special" about this one that it's the only one giving me a problem?

(BTW, sending from tablet since I can't stay logged in on my PC.)

PC is W7-64 and browser is IE9. Not interested in changing browser so don't bother with that suggestion. I'm interested in figuring out what the problem is with this site but not others.