• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Problems staying logged in...

It has only been on Firefox for me. It comes and goes with no changes on my end.

I am not positive, but I think the problem comes when your PC renews the cookie for the site. The password is kept in the cookie, if your PC renews the cookie, the password is gone.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The site either will or will not accept the password your PC sends. Since this is not affecting everyone it most likely a setting on the web browser. If it was strictly a site issue, everyone and every browser would be acting the same way.

One thing to remember is that Microsoft doesn't always do things in the most convenient manner when it comes to security. How many times have we all seen the security warnings when installing or removing software. If you a do bit of it, it will drive you bat sheet crazy after a while.

The site was allowing me to sign in. That wasn't the problem. Didn't have to close the browser to get logged out. The problem was that as soon as I tried to go into any sub-forum or any thread I would no longer be logged in.

Still don't believe it's strictly a browser setting, per se. Prior to today's experiment with Trusted Zone I've changed nothing and have had ZERO issues on other sites.

There is a setting on how your web browser handles and deals with cookies. You can do nothing, check for a new cookie at each visit, or delete the cookie and get a new cookie at each visit.

I suspect your browser is set to check or renew at each visit and is interpreting each click to a new forum as a new visit. You may be able to crank up the log setting for IE and see what it is doing?

Check this setting. If yours is the same it may not be allowing the functioning of the cookies that cache the passwords.

full-1009-43521-cookies.jpg

I did bring it up to the site admins and they said they have not made any changes since the last major upgrade. And they point out that they aren't having issues with their browsers and than the main problems seem to be with IE since the last update to IE.

Now I'm having the same problems. I get a temp password and sign in, then change to mine which is seven letters/numbers long. When I go back and check my password the entire box is filled-it's adding to my password?

This has been happening to me as well, using Chrome, and also on my iPhone and iPad. I can login, and the funny thing is it even remembers my user/pass, as it is listed in the fields. But I have to click the button to login after any time that I close the browser down, and then reopen a browser.

Doesn't happen closing tabs, just the entire browser session. It is limited to this forum, and it started happening about the time the first post above was posted. Not a critical thing, but definitely some funky and annoying minor thing, and I suspect server side, not client side. But that is just an IMHO wink

Seems that this problem is back again. Haven't had any problems for awhile now but a few days ago it started again where I'll be logged out when I come back to visit this site.

It started happening on both my home computer and my computer at work and its only this site that is impacted. Given that its on two different computers and only impacts this site I assume it has to be something with this site and not a computer specific issue.