• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Artic Armor vs striker jacket and bibs

I've had both and IMO the nod easily goes to Striker. They seem better built and without a doubt breath much easier and the AA zippers don't go high enough on the bibs to put on and take off with boots.

I also was not pleased how my Camo suit faded to a red color after a few years and AA just shrugged their shoulders when I called them on it. At first they said they would replace it, but then fudged saying there was nothing they could do.

Before: 2008

010.jpg

After: 2011

b56c8d37.jpg

Thanks guys. I am leaning toward the Striker and will order this week. I understand they have made several new improvements for this year based on user input. I like that about a company. Time to get out and fish!

Before ordering one if you haven't done so try one on sizing may be a bit different than you are used to. I have the striker climate bibs and parka and absolutely love them. I spent all day fishing outside with my vents open and the only thing that became cold were my hands and they are always cold.

The "chamois" on the bibs came in handy with all the fish slime too. My buddy laughed at first but I had the last laugh after catching several "snot rockets"

Would love to know the reasons behind the last comment but I have AA. And while they have done the job, they are too warm for me and just don't breath at all, so I end up over heating and sweating like crazy. I have had ZERO quality issues after 4 years with mine and have beat on them pretty good. I have found them best for snowmobling actually.

because they don't breath I am looking into striker lighter bibs.

Oh and the AA just have the two "cargo" pockets, wish the bibs had more.

I had the same problem as Dtro with the fading of the AA except mine was orange/red within the first year I had the suit, very frustrating as I planned on using it for hunting also. The zippers also snagged on the inner liner a lot too. Needless to say it will be my last AA suit.

My green AA Plus suit has been awesome, not exactly sure how long I've had it but I got it pretty much when that style came out, I'd guess 5-6 seasons.

Still looks new, no fading, no tight knees, zippers are big enough for me to wear my Saskatchewan Pac Boots which are beasts.

My buddies AA camo suit has been pretty junk compared to mine. If anyone goes AA go with the Plus suit.

I've been thinking about trying a Striker suit one of these years though just to see what they are all about.

I bought the Striker Climate suit just a week ago and I am so far impressed. I sat out on the lake on Friday for 2.5 hours in the wind and never got a bit cold. I then used it sitting in a deer stand Sunday morning for 3.5 hours and it was colder than Friday and I never got cold. The suit seems well built and thought out nicely. I am still finding pockets that I didn't know it had...

I have both, too. Striker Ice is the one I prefer the most. Way more features, and better venting, than the AA. My AA camo set has not had the fading issues at all, and is still a nice bib/parka set. The Striker Ice wear will get used on the ice, by me, more than the AA.