• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Body Transformation

mattrd

Any one else doing and body transformation contests? I'm in a 12 week (84day) one. Been doing really well with it and wanted to share. I'm currently on day 48. Here are some progress pics:

Day 1

162_zps562052d7.jpg

Day 20

023_zpsc75970d9.jpg

Day 42 (Half way)

007_zpsb98f18e9.jpg

Wow! You honestly realized that much positive change in just 42 days? Congratulations!!! I'd love to do this, but at 47 and out of a shape, I can't even come close to keeping up with the pace these programs set.

My son does this hardcore, but had no body fat to lose in the first place. The kid is 6'2", 17 yrs old, and absolutely ripped! I'm afraid of him. shocked

Wow! You honestly realized that much positive change in just 42 days? Congratulations!!! I'd love to do this, but at 47 and out of a shape, I can't even come close to keeping up with the pace these programs set.

My son does this hardcore, but had no body fat to lose in the first place. The kid is 6'2", 17 yrs old, and absolutely ripped! I'm afraid of him. shocked

If you don't try to go at contest speed you can do a lot.

It's a contest on body building HSOforum. It's seeing who can have the best transformation over 12weeks. I've always wanted to do this, so decided now was the time. I put together my own workout plan. I'm not doing any high intensity program you see on tv or anything like that. I eat clean, lift, and do cardio. I also supplement right as well. I'm trying to lean down. I started at 198lbs and am down to 185. I probably eat more now than what I did before. One of the big reasons for doing this is that I'm a PE teacher and I want to lead by example.

mattrd, You are going to want to get a spray on tan at a salon for your final pictures for the contest. It shows more muscle separation and contrast. Learn to vacuumn your abs as well as that will show more detail in the abs. Nice job so far and good luck.

Well yesterday was the final day!! 84 of 84!! TR21HP I was thinking about tanning, but never did. Figured my students would give me some grief about it smile I know it probably would've helped with the pics. But here are the final results. Started at 198lbs down to 182lbs. I wish I would've taken before and after measurements as well. Thanks for all the good words of encouragement....and yes the wife and I went out last night cause I was craving a big juicy burger!!

Day 1

162_zpsd16feb1e.jpg

Day 20

023_zpsc75970d9.jpg

Day 42

007_zpsb98f18e9.jpg

Day 84

015_zps3afdcba0.jpg

020_zps1c902a85.jpg

024_zps0099d118.jpg

Nice job mattrd ! Now the question remains where are you going to go with this transformation? Are you going to continue dieting and training?

Stay where you're at or gain some more muscle? Is there a competition in store for you down the road?

Thanks TR21HP. I plan of and still am going on this program. I'm still keeping up with the training. I always make sure to fit it in somewhere. I usually lift in the afternoons after school, but if i'm going to sneak away for a fishing or hunting adventure, I'll usually get up and do it before school. Right now the plan is to drop a little more bodyfat around the mid-section and then start maybe adding some mass. I would like to stay somewhere in the 180lbs-200lb range. I've thought about maybe doing a competition just for the added motivation. Like I said earlier, being a PE teacher/coach I really want to use this by motivating my students and athletes the benefits of living healthy.

Impressive Matt!! I really think what you are doing to be a good role model to your students is such a big positive and added bonus to looking out for your health and well being. I never could understand when we were little and had phy ed and health teachers and none of them were in good shape and I would assume not perfect health.

+1

Impressive Matt!! I really think what you are doing to be a good role model to your students is such a big positive and added bonus to looking out for your health and well being. I never could understand when we were little and had phy ed and health teachers and none of them were in good shape and I would assume not perfect health.

I never could understand when we were little and had phy ed and health teachers and none of them were in good shape and I would assume not perfect health.

My gym teacher had to be 300lbs and had the largest beer gut you can imagine. Died of a heart attack at an early age....

Mattrd, great work! I've been working out for the last couple months for the first time in several years as well, but haven't been seeing anything near the results you have. I'm sure I don't get to spend as much time in the gym as you since I work between 80-110 hours a week, but my diet has been spot on, no cheating since I started. Would you mind going a little more in-depth on your routine & supplements? I've noticed substancial gains in my arms, chest & legs but my core & back in particular have been much less noticeable. Cardio has been a little lacking too, cuz after working a labor job for 12-18 hrs then weights for an hour, it's hard to squeeze in an hour running, gotta sleep sometimes! Any help from you and anyone else would be great.

Oh and btw I'm down from 6' 2" & 264lbs to 234lbs with what I would consider pretty darn good endurance & size gains. Feels great!