• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter Camo

fishingmedic

Nothing to get one's panties tight, but I am fishing, not hunting, so a camouflage pattern makes no sense. Sells to a lot of outdoorsmen, yes. Makes sense, no.

Sorta like Zubaz...

You making fun of my pants??? LOL! great comment!

Hey now! That is NOT Barney purple! Thats Viking purple. All my Otters are purple. Best color they ever had. I could have chosen Packer green but considering how the Vikes have done over all these years maybe the green wouldn't have been so bad.

However when the camo came out I thought it was awesome and really wanted one but thats worn off now and I don't care for it as much now. Maybe its time for a color change again. Purple/Camo! smile

Just wondering why you guys spend so much time sitting on the outside of your house looking at the color of it rather than inside it fishing?

Great comment! laugh

I personally like the camo, I think it is a "fun" look. I also like the darker color all around as it does draw heat from the sun. Another plus for me is how the camo hides spots, stains and other bad things that portables go through. I had an auger leak once on a solid colored house. I ended up with a big blotch right on the door that drove me nuts, the camo you do not see that. Plus as stated above when you see that blue camo you know right away, “That’s an Otter, that guy is cool". grin

full-10775-27218-copyof704653_3900472810

Like it or hate it, the marketing works, just look at this post we're all thinking and talking about the color but were also thinking and talking about the product and the quality. If it were plain blue, green or red there would be no buzz it. When you see an Otter you know it's an Otter, when you see a solid color it's just another shack.

If it were plain blue, green or red there would be no buzz it.

Not too sure about that. There is plenty of "buzz" with the other manufacturers but it is more about the quality, not if people can tolerate the color. Canvas Craft for instance is plain black but have created a "buzz" for years because of the quality. Even after reading the remarks from several Otter owners you can see that many people who have purchased these units were definetely not fond of the color but chose to except it because they like the quality.

Would any of the current owners have not purchased an Otter if it wasn't the delightful blue camo? Doubt it.

Would many more people purchase an Otter if it was a "normal" color? Gaurantee it.

Love the camo with quality to boot

Like it or hate it, the marketing works, just look at this post we're all thinking and talking about the color but were also thinking and talking about the product and the quality. If it were plain blue, green or red there would be no buzz it. When you see an Otter you know it's an Otter, when you see a solid color it's just another shack.

Johnny, you pull all three of those houses at once with the bearcat?

Pretty sweet, but I would have to think it would be like following a tractor pulling two hay racks down the road. LOL

He was getting ready to troll like on jimmybig time does it.

Would any of the current owners have not purchased an Otter if it wasn't the delightful blue camo? Doubt it.

Would many more people purchase an Otter if it was a "normal" color? Gaurantee it.

Some how I dont think people purchased the house based on the fact that it was green or purple either. I didn't buy mine because it was blue camo but I love the fact that it is.