• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Direct Tv ..HAS dropped 25 channels and my bill isnt less

fishdog

Direct Tv has dropped 25 channels(comedy central,mtv,spike,nickoledan,tv land,bet, and more) all gone because they dont want to pay more to viacom,

BUT their customers still pay the same for less channels.not to mention my favorite shows are all gone.

Im droping them ASP and geting my Cable Tv from charter or dish net.

Direct Tv has dropped 25 channels(comedy central,mtv,spike,nickoledan,tv land,bet, and more) all gone because they dont want to pay more to viacom,

BUT their customers still pay the same for less channels.not to mention my favorite shows are all gone.

Im droping them ASP and geting my Cable Tv from charter or dish net.

DISH TV also just dropped channels!!! We pay the same NO AMC to watch the Walking Dead.I was planning on going to direct,Now they are doing the same!

I don't live where cable is available.Maybe I'll just drop them and keep the 80 some dollars we're charged per month.

I noticed this last week when I tried to put sprout on for my daughter. What the? Dish did this a year or so ago with FOX when I had them. Its all bogus. For them not to spend the extra coin to keep their customers happy is a very BAD business move. Its not like they aren't over charging already...ridiculous.

this is complete carp! I just re-upped for another 2 yrs this Winter and now this? We should be allowed to cancel service if there is major change....my kids LIVE for the Nick channels.

I feel like I'm stuck because I re-signed up this Winter! has anyone under contract called Direct TV yet?

I haven't called them, but in reality what's it going to do?

We will get them back. One side will cave in sooner or later because of the large customer base that watch/want/NEED those channels. Its happend before with both the big dish companies.

I'm using all the DRV recordings for my daughter, and we all know how OLD that gets when you have to sit and watch the same thing over, and over again with your kids... lol

One thing I do know is I will not switch to cable - in the long run you are out hundreds of dollars per year paying their prices. Only thing I miss about them is it doesn't go out during storms. Its bad when your family is huddled around the tv during the summer thunder wanting to know whats coming and you lose reception...

Billionaires squabbling while we ultimately have to "pay" either way regardless of the out come. My hope is that all this wrangling will just move the industry quicker to more of a pay for what you want/use system. Glad I have dish and just lost AMC....that would suck not to have NICK smile

Personaly, I think the federal goverment should provide taxpayers:

A free cable tv,landphone,AND internet

Uniting our whole country.

Everyone would have extra cash to stimulate our economy as well as giving the USA a global edege in future technology developments, and maybe there wouldnt be any more of that deep southern accent ....ya'all (joking).Private cell/home phones could be sold for unlisted privacy..

THE TECNOLOGY IS HERE, ITS CREATORS GOT RICH AND LONG GONE,SO LETS MAKE IT FREE FOR THE FREE.

fishhuntwork,

Im sure you dont have channel 249,333 (commidy central,mtv) My reciever just updated and i now have encore premimum channels until july 31. to little and too late for me.... I want my mtv and tosh.o

The only channel Dish recently lost was AMC.

I called and mentioned that I wasn't happy about it and that I was thinking about looking elsewhere for service. I also said that I really was going to miss The Walking Dead. They know that AMC has some VERY popular programs right now and people aren't happy.

They said that you can still watch those shows via itunes, netflix, and Amazon. I already knew that they were offering discounts to keep people from jumping ship so I played along until they offered a free Roku box, $10 off my bill for a year, and a $35 credit to cover the cost of a season of the Walking Dead thru Amazon which I can stream with the Roku.

I was never impolite and had a nice conversation with the rep. About five days later I had a Roku on my doorstep.

No, it isn't the same as tuning to AMC on Sunday evening to watch Walking Dead, but it shaved a little off my bill and I got a Roku that I'll probably give to my folks who don't have cable. (After the season is over, of course :)) Apparently you have to wait a day to watch shows via Amazon but that us far better than waiting months for them on Netflix.

I was seriously considering going to Direct so not all of my conversation with Dish was a bluff, but I can't let go of the NFL Red Zone that Dish has. Direct is offering free Sunday Ticket and Red Zone for new customers, along with other discounts, but their Red Zone isn't as good IMO and I don't want the Sunday Ticket. The Red Zone on Dish is perfect for a fantasy football addict like me. After the Direct lost all of the Viacom channels I didn't feel bad about sticking with Dish!

best thing I did was kill directtv and move to netflix and hulu exclusively. $100 a month to $16. Granted I'm not the world's biggest TV fan and I have no problem waiting for stuff to show up on netflix and hulu.

I do miss FSN. Not enough to pay for it though.

Is paladia what use to be HDNET TV...The channel with all the concerts and drinking shows???? Channel 362 and it has been around for awhile....

No. HDNET is different and recently changed their name to AXS TV.

As of its July 2012 re-launch, AXS TV still airs several programs carried over from HDNet; however, the channel will gradually shift its focus towards "music, pop culture and lifestyle oriented" programming. Included in the mix will be concert, entertainment, and red carpet events.

All the packages offered whether cable or satelite are frustrating. I do wish one of them or some new kid on the block would offer Ala Carte packages, pay for the channels you want!

I have Directv and the second from the cheapest tier, $75/month, and I think all in all the most channels I have any interest in is about 20, the majority of which are not offered in the basic tier package.