• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Must-see movies this summer

fishuhalik

The Avengers is already out, but it's supposed to be a must-see. I'm hoping to see it before it's out of theaters.

I'm excited for Safety Not Guaranteed. The internet nerd in me from my YTMND days thinks this is the most brilliant indie movie ever, and without seeing it yet I'm voting it for best picture of the year.

I don't really see anything I can't wait for on dvd....well maybe the new Bourne movie?...could there even be a Bourne movie without Bourne?

Spiderman? Maybe they should have the Green Lantern in it..."thpiderman get behind me..no wait, let me get behind you"

Lincoln hunting vampires?

The Hobbit is comming.

Forgot to mention Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter in there. The book was...interesting. Can't wait for the movie!

And mainbutter, i definitely recommend seeing the Avengers in the theater asap. Hulk SMASH!!!

The only movie of all the ones I've seen on your list or on TV or otherwise that is making me excited is that dark night rises. I'm pretty stoked about it. I wouldn't mind seeing avengers but for some reason I'm thinking a DVD rental will do it for me.

Looking forward to Dark Knight Rises and The first part of the Hobbit. Saw the Avengers and enjoyed it. An arguement could be made for Prometheus and Bourne Legacy, but most of the rest of them are redbox-fodder at best.

So far, Act of valor is the best DVD I've seen all summer. Epic movie and very realistic scenario.

I wonder if this movie will be our next "Black Hawk Down" ie: middle east will watch the movie and use the tactics to their advantage.. i mean they did use real soldiers to get a more "realistic" movie.. Saddam studied Black Hawk Down quite a bit to learn a good deal about the us military

On a lighter note, we took the kids to the nex Pixar movie Brave. I would agree that it is one of the better Disney Pixar films in years. We were stuck seeing it in 3D, though, and I don't think that was worth the extra $2.50.

DD

they said savages is quite violent and on the edge of the seat action. I don't mind violence but live in an area where the cartel work each day so not sure that i want to see a movie about it. Plus more than 3 people in a theater is a crowd to me and i don't care for crowds.

I wanted to see Prometheus but I kept putting it off and when I got around to going it was already out of the local theater. Moonrise Ransom I am sure I will see but not sure if its theater worthy.

Most people I've talked to said Prometheus was a horrible movie..

Went and saw Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.. was a good movie overall.. decent amount of gore and action.. I liked how they intertwined all these historical figures into the story line