• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NO SMOKING ALLOWED ANYWHERE IN TARGET FIELD?

Go_Twins

Seriously? I can't be herded out one gate like a cow to smoke anymore? Really?

I'm in dismay? I enjoy a beer, greasy food and a cigarette along with a 2-3 hour game of baseball.

As I understand it, there is to be no smoking allowed anywhere on the grounds and no re-admittance into the park if you leave.

Maybe I've spent my last buck on my beloved Twins and Target Field. crymadcry

Unless something changed --- taken from the twins HSOforum, google "a to z guide target field"

Smoking/Tobacco Policy – Target Field is a tobacco-free facility. Guests who wish to smoke or use other tobacco products at a game are required to do so in the designated smoking areas outside the gates at Target Field. There is 1 designated smoking area at Target Field outside of Gate 6 on the Promenade. Guests exiting Target Field to smoke are required to abide by all re-entry guidelines. Please refer to the re-entry guidelines for more information.

Please. I think I've put up with enough laws/rules regarding smoking. For those that were bothered by the one and only VERY tiny smoking section, give me break. It was humiliating to be corralled like an animal. Make the dam things illegal if it's so offensive and costly to the rest of society.

Oh...keep the alcohol, belligerent drunks and prescription medication flowing please. Those and many other bad habits of society are SO much more acceptable.

sounds like the smoke was blowing back into certain areas of the stadium so many folks were having to basically sit in a second hand smoking section. between that and the many smokers who have no problem littering up the area, it seems to be an inevitable decision for them to make on the new rules. sorry.

you might save a lot more money in the long run if you gave up smoking instead of giving up target field.

Please. I think I've put up with enough laws/rules regarding smoking. For those that were bothered by the one and only VERY tiny smoking section, give me break. It was humiliating to be corralled like an animal. Make the dam things illegal if it's so offensive and costly to the rest of society.

Oh...keep the alcohol, belligerent drunks and prescription medication flowing please. Those and many other bad habits of society are SO much more acceptable.

They have prescription medication vendors at Target field? I must have missed that booth.... If you can't make it 3 hours without nicotine, Bring a can of chew or a patch.

First, let me say that although I enjoy bars and restaraunts being smoke free, I disagree with the law. It should be up to the establishment to decide. So i agree with you on that point.

BUT, come on man. Saying that it was humiliating being corralled like an animal is ridiculous. YOU made the DECISION to smoke, and hence, to be corralled. No one made you do anything. So don't act like the victim.

I dont smoke... BUUUUT, It's an outdoor ball park. I think they can find a way to let some fans have a heater. I don't care for smoke in bars or restaurants, but outside? It really doesn't bother me.

It's not illegal to smoke, and this guy isn't asking if it's healthy... I actually feel a little empathy here... I love a beer and can't imagine them taking that away!

Good Luck!

Ken

I dont smoke... BUUUUT, It's an outdoor ball park. I think they can find a way to let some fans have a heater. I don't care for smoke in bars or restaurants, but outside? It really doesn't bother me.

Ken

I hear ya. I wonder if they'll let Jim Leyland puff a heater when Detroit comes to town?

I grew up in Milwaukee. My childhood memories of going to Brewers games at County Stadium were all about sitting in the sun, my dad buying me a hotdog, having the stadium announcer ask for you not to be the two-fisted-slopper (the drunk), and the smells of stale beer and cigarette smoke. My first Twins game was a slap in the face at the Dome. It didn't feel like going to a baseball game.

I don't care if people smoke outside. I don't care if they smoke in the stadium either. Give them a section in the upper deck where the wind blows out. My one pet peeve is having to walk through a cloud of smoke outside of buildings, so I'd rather folks be able to smoke in the Bob Uecker seats and not have to miss a Gardenhire tirade.

keep the alcohol, belligerent drunks and prescription medication flowing please. Those and many other bad habits of society are SO much more acceptable.

If I had drunks projectile-spitting beer in my mouth, I'd want to avoid them.

It's not about what you do to you. It's about what you do to me.

Feel free to smoke, drink, eat magic brownies, pop pills, and shoot up, I don't mind. Just don't put any of it in me, particularly without my permission.

So no more smoking in a small limited space outside the stadium (away from everyone else) but there are dozens of grills projecting smoke in the concourses? Oh and THERE'S A GIGANTIC GARBAGE BURNER ACROSS THE STREET!!! And players spitting chewing tobacco left and right.

I'm not a smoker and I've never been, but the way smokers are treated like second class people is sad. And the health argument doesn't stand up. This is a stadium that now serves a 1 lb meatball.(insert pitching joke here) If I were a smoker I'd never spend another dollar on a Twins ticket. Wait until they tank it again for 1 or 2 more years and the stands are 1/3 full. My guess is the smoking area returns then.

Putting a smoking section at the NW corner doors was the problem. Move it away from the doors or put it up in the cheap seats in left. Problem solved.

I'll just get the cheap seats in left at the top and smoke as much as I please. If the rent a cops want to walk all the way up to eject me, so be it.

I remember when Norm Green did this. Stupid move.

For what it's worth... grin and for the record I rarely mess with smokers, you can smoke in my car, my face, my house when kids aren't around ,illegally, I don't care for the most part and just don't want to deal with the angry smokers mentalty/tude.

It's funny last year at a game, and I go to many, I walked by one of the allowed smoking area's.. I was in the stadium concourse and to be honest it was almost unbearable the stench that was being sucked back into the stadium. I said to myself that many people are going to complain and its going to be the end of it.

On a side note smoking is not allowed anywhere on the property, not even the players can smoke any longer on the grounds. Nishi was the only Twin who smoked last year and he's down in the minors now so its a moot point for the players.