• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How many wins?

mrklean

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I might have to rethink my prediction as well. Right now I'm going with 0-162.

I was at the game today and for the most part the pitching actually looked decent. On the other hand the defense behind them was pretty bad. The mental mistakes and breakdown in fundamentals made it hard to watch.

Could be a long, long season. And the worst part is there is no help on the horizon coming from the minors. Any reasonable prospect is still a ways out yet.

I just don't get what the Twins are trying to do. Why pay guys like Mauer and Morneau when you aren't serious about fielding a team around them? You could have let both of them walk, paid 2 warm bodies $1 million a year and still come up with the same results we've been seeing.

If we are on pace for another 99 loss season the trading deadline could be interesting this year. Would they be willing to trade a guy like Morneau to a team looking to upgrade their DH? Not sure who else would have any value in a trade other than Mauer and I just don't see them trading Mauer.

Good luck attracting hitters to come here, like most said yes it's fun to play at target field, but I wouldn't want 1/2 my at bats to come here. We're like a Seattle or NYMet's, the hitters have to hit it twice to get it out of the park. Would love to see all the jacks hit at target field hit the same in the dome and see where they land. How many wins really is irrelevant as Detroit for the near future will always have more than us. I'm curious what our crowds will look like in September. Will Gardy survive ? So here we are with M and M and they should be in their prime hay day time and we have not much built around them and only a few of their swings in 4 games look like the confident in your prime swings, kinda scary.

It's early right ? Or is the reality of the Twins exposed already ? Cuddy and Kubel knew, even if they stayed it wouldn't be enough, when they were putting together career years it took game 163 and help to get in, now no Twin that had metrodome experience can put up career numbers like those at Target. Meanwhile awaiting players are looking to tatoo their first blast at Target off one of our soft throwers. How's the alka-seltzer Gardy ?

It all comes down to the pohlads. Theyre not willing to pay to supliment the talent on the team. They are content to just make as much money as they can and dont care about winning. Dropping the payroll 15 mil after a 99 loss season and 2 years removed from opening a money pit of a stadium makes me wanna vomit. Those guys have as much money as any owner available for their disposal but they wont spend it. They have to come out on top every year. I got news for you pohlads- you cant take it with ya...

I hope by the end of this season that you cant even give away a twins ticket because thats what those money hoarders deserve.

It was clear this team was gonna suck well before the season started, these are the same worthless pitchers we've seen for years.

The teams that spend are the teams that win in baseball, period. Its no secret.

Angels singed pujols and cj wilson and their team will be way better for it.

Tampa Bay is really the only exception right now, but thats because they had so many top 3 picks it was stupid, and they hit on them. spending money doesnt gurantee winning by any means, but it sure as hell gives you a lot better chance then signing the Jamey Carrols and Joel Zumayas of the world

Im gonna go out on a limb and say until the pohlads either sell the team or change their penny pinching ways, the twins will NEVER win another world series

Tampa is what the twins use to be horrible got tons of picks did well and traded now i dont think they know what to do try and develope or sign free agents so they arent doing either farm system stinks worse then the yanks farm system and they sign washed up players

I'm also thinking I need to revise my 72 number down to 65. Sad state of affairs going on.

I'll still bundle up to go again tonight but this may be my last game until we see 75 degrees and sunshine.

My only hope right now is they don't break this record:

The 1988 Baltimore Orioles who lost the first 21 games of the season. They lost 7 games to the Indians, 6 to the Royals, 5 to the Brewers, and 3 to the Twins. Their first win came on April 29 against the Chicago White Sox.

They didn't lose a game, but they fell to last place alone instead of a tie. A half game away from second to last place. Shameful.

Instead of showing them 4 games back in the division, they need to start talking about how many games back before they move out of last place.

As a team they have a .165 batting average.

Excluding Willingham, Mornoe, and Span they have .087 batting average.

Yes, that includs Mauer.

I'm not batting expert but Carroll's swing is atrocious. He chops at the ball, even in practice swings. It's ugly as sin. Good luck hitting anything with that swing.

I concur, I know they want to teach patience and plate discipline but the defensive swings I've seen so far from many of the guys is no wonder we can just dribble it to an infielder, you must attack the ball, but hit strikes, again you must attack every pitch, but let it go at strikes. Joe's old philosophy isn't working, take a strike, well I was taught you're a .400 hitter on strike 1, .300 on strike 2, and a .200 hitter on the 3rd strike. He was the master at taking a strike and defied the odds some, it's time to realize I'm in my prime and it's time to jump that 1st pitch that's in the soup can. Here's what's really scary to me thus far..... In our 3rd at bat against the same pitcher we look like we haven't seen any pitches yet, you must make that starter pay the 3rd time around and without much power, how are we going to bunch 3-4-5 hits together with averages like we got. 3rd time around it should be a tough inning or 2 on any starter at the big league level. Look at the rest of April and I hope we're not 0 and ?

I like the whoever scouted Nishi comment should be fired, he is likely happier at the triple AAA level where he can puff his smokes. I hope the same guy isn't scouting for us anymore, he's easily the most deer in the headlights look to a pro ball player I've ever seen. So we failed there, I just hate the defensive swings many are taking, I want to see I'm going to drive this daing ball into the gap cut. Another year of the boys taking on the men. Bet Prince and Miguel are grinnin, 20 games against that staff and bullpen, Yes ! Go check the April schedule. MB

91, that's funny. laugh

It looked like Carrol worked on his swing. It wasn't as choppy last night and look what happened. Then he misses the throw from center field. Wth? I think the cold had a lot to do with the ball not bouncing as expected but still.

It was nice to see them put up some numbers for a change.