• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How many wins?

mrklean

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's to bad really, seeing so many team building walk off wins etc. but it's never us. Let's hope for a quick turn around, our division no one wants to claim it, we need to prepare for a year or two from now and hope we can put the right recipe together.

It seems our rookie pitchers are doing better than our has been staff we started with.

I hope they can continue this winning trend,

It sure seems like they have lit up the whole Twins team for now. I hope this can continue but I am not so sure they can continue to do what they have in the past week.

Nice to see the Twins trying to nake some changes with the pitching as we had a big fat nothing for starters.

I just hope and pray our youngsters pitching success isn't a Joe Mays moment when you look great until these guys get a mitt full of at bats against you, but who cares it has to happen to find out. Last night was the first time since prime Liriano and Santana where we had a guy named Walters twirling stuff up there that seemed unhittable ! Man some silly stuff. Awesome, Morneau stirs the drink !

I say the best thing is for a change of ownership.

The owners knew what they needed before the season started and did about nothing.

If and that's a big if, we could get a few good pitchers, the Twins could possibly have a pretty good team next season. It all starts with pitching and we have nothing more than some hopes on a few rookies that at this time are better than our veteran pitchers.

I sure hope than when the Vikes get thier new stadium they do not flop like the Twins have. I believe Ziggy will spend to try and get a SB team but who knows.

If Ziggy goes the route of Poland, no more sports teams for me or stadiums. Send them to another state.

Bruce Chen, Derek Lowe, we can't hit em but we could've had both these guys on our roster, nope we end up with Sydney Ponson I mean Jason Marquis of course. Bruce Chen no way. How's Danny Valencia doing ? Is he learning Japanese from Nishi ? It was a good move not giving JJ Hardy those dollars Nishi got. 2 errors in like 250 chances, 10 tilts, 25 rbi's and he hasn't hit a tilt in 17 games, Hardy is only ranked 4th best shortstop in baseball, we got the better end of it with Nishi.

It's been a treat to watch them as of late. I typically watch almosy every game.

Scott Diamond has been great to watch.

What can one say about Revere ot Ploffe?

I realize they will not continue to be this hot but it has been a fun ride.

Twins pull their starters consistently earlier for no reason than any other team in baseball. Ozzie would have left the starter in the whole game and we would have won

I wonder if having one if not thee worst starting rag-tag rotations in MLB history and one of the better bullpens would have anything to do with it?

Ozzie, Delmon, Valencia what a trio .. grin

I wonder if having one if not thee worst starting rag-tag rotations in MLB history and one of the better bullpens would have anything to do with it?

Ozzie, Delmon, Valencia what a trio .. grin

come on, you know that the Twins have always done this

I think the Twins do alot of things right, this isnt one of them

Jeeze, how did pitchers in the past ever have long careers pitching all those innings and complete games

24 runs surrendered to the weak hitting oakland a's along with a sweeping at their hands.... now 16 games under .500....

Those of you that argued with me the twins shouldnt have signed any more or better pitching then they did and they went about things "smartly" this off season, i beg to differ...

Your seeing the results

24 runs surrendered to the weak hitting oakland a's along with a sweeping at their hands.... now 16 games under .500....

Those of you that argued with me the twins shouldnt have signed any more or better pitching then they did and they went about things "smartly" this off season, i beg to differ...

Your seeing the results

I agree 100%, we needed pitchers and really got nothing. if we could pick up a few talented , proven pitchers, we could do something next year but we HAVE to get some pitching.

pavano - under contract this year

baker - under contract this year

blackburn - under contract this year

liriano - final year of deal

this was a transition year no matter how you want to spin it. they weren't going to buy a bunch of free agent pitchers for the 2012 season because they already had guys under contract. (yes, we all know they didn't work out)

2013 will be the year you guys can b and moan about them not getting at least one decent starter in free agency because they will have at least 3 or 4 spots to fill in the rotation.