• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Striker Ice Floating Winter Suit

STRIKER:

Since I've been receiving several questions via PM and email about my STRIKER Ice suit, I thought I'd put together post a here with pics and specs for reference in which I can point people to. At this point, I am very happy and pleased with my suit and would definitely recommend it to friends and family. I have found it very warm and durable. Only time will tell how I will feel about it in the future, but so far so good!!

For the record, I have the regular (non-lite) version and am approx 6' and 220 and have the XL size suit. I apologize for any overexposed or blurry pics, my camera was not playing nice today.

Let's start with the Bibs:

Features:

600D Endura 3000/3000 Waterproof/Breathable outer shell

100% seam taped

175g Thermadex insulation

Sureflote buoyancy material throughout bib

Articulated knees for improved comfort and flexibility

Additional padding in seat and knee areas provide extra protection and warmth

Triple-Play leg cuffs make inseam length adjustable

3-way waist height leg zippers

Reflective tape on front and back

YKK 2-way heavy duty (10 gauge) front zipper with EZP design

Magnetic storm flaps on front and leg zippers

Boot storm gators with gripper elastic

Adjustable suspenders

Expandable cargo pockets

Soft Touch breast pocket for valuables

2 exterior D-rings for accessory attachment

Instant access openings to get to front under layer pockets

Elastic stretch panels at sides for improved comfort and flexibility

Beverage holder incorporated into thigh pocket

HYDRAPORE 3000

HYDRAPORE system technology is specifically designed to provide maximum protection against extreme weather elements. HYDRAPORE has a superior 3000/3000 rating for resisting water penetration and for breathability.

WINDPROOF-WATERPROOF-BREATHABLE

Thermadex

Thermadex brand thermal insulation is designed for use in outdoor active wear where light weight, superior insulating performance and minimal loft is required. Thermadex provides a high level of warmth in active applications such as in alpine skiing, snow boarding, snowmobiling and nordic skiing. Thermadex provides warmth, softness and breathability without the bulk.

Microfiber Construction

Thin, Low-Loft Density

Ultra Light in Weight

Breathable Technology

SUREFLOTE

SUREFLOTE is made from expanded low density polyethylene foam that traps air in closed cells constructed into multi-layer membranes to create internal air pockets for added buoyancy. The SUREFLOTE membrane is moisture resistant and provides superior user mobility and added protection in the extreme cold. The combined jacket and pant/bib with SUREFLOTE provide flotation assistance for up to two hours for an average person. SUREFLOTE is designed to provide added buoyancy to a person's body weight for flotation assistance. An average sized adult needs 7-12 lbs of buoyancy to keep their head afloat. Suits with the SUREFLOTE system are designed to provide approximately 10-12 lbs of buoyancy depending on size and style.

Important: SUREFLOTE is Not Coast Guard Approved. This item is not approved by the Coast Guard as a personal flotation device or life preserver. SUREFLOTE may be rendered ineffective in adverse conditions such as strong water currents. The SUREFLOTE system does not protect against hypothermia in extreme cold water

Generous room in the front pockets

bc1bbedc.jpg

Articulated Knees

862818b4.jpg

3-Way Zipper on the legs

317ac041.jpg

Zipper travels all the way to the hip to accommodate large boots.

481143d9.jpg

Here is the adjustable length. You can see the 3 different velcro positions (Tall/Med/Short).

d211357a.jpg

This shows the adjustment at the Med position (the one I use). It's basically an adjustable hem.

e1c215f5.jpg

The storm closures are magnetic and no need to worry about snaps. They work really well.

a8a46a59.jpg

Last but not least hidden behind the right thigh pocket is a nifty little drink holder. I think this is more of a novelty item at best, mostly because you need 2 hands to operate it. But it does work. I tried it. wink

c0fc32ef.jpg

STRIKER BRAND Suits

Now the Jacket:

Features:

600D Endura 3000/3000 Waterproof/Breathable outer shell

100% seam taped

Sureflote buoyancy material throughout jacket

175g Thermadex insulation

360 degree reflective material

YKK 2-way heavy duty (10 gauge) front zipper

Underarm zip vents

Shock cord drawstring at waist and hem provide superior adjustability

Expandable cargo pockets

2 exterior D-rings for accessory attachment

Removable hood with memory wire visor

Soft Touch inner neck collar for comfort

Extended Lycra inner wrist cuffs

Velcro adjustable stretch cuffs at wrist

Left sleeve key pocket

Quick access pockets with interior D-rings for attaching safety picks

Heavy duty storm flap protects front zipper from wind and water

Napoleon pocket accessible without opening front zipper

Inner cell phone and zippered breast pockets

Soft Touch side access hand pockets

Here's a shot of the full coat

a76ba778.jpg

Pockets, pockets everywhere you look

8c07eb3d.jpg

bb5085fc.jpg

fa49221c.jpg

4426854e.jpg

even pockets on pockets

f3fd5263.jpg

and even a pocket on the sleeve

aaf509ad.jpg

Articulated Elbows

535436e4.jpg

A detachable hood that is shape-able/bendable

8a573575.jpg

last but not least, vented underarms

69e57cbc.jpg

Here are just some random shots with me wearing it. Some with flash to show the reflective strips and some without a flash. The bibs look a little long. I just need to adjust them a bit. smile

0b4db488.jpg

d1f0dd96.jpg

4e71f08a.jpg

7c7c9900.jpg

498ef4cb.jpg

c7e9293d.jpg

215ededf.jpg

a990e62b.jpg

full-105-15074-striker2.jpg

full-105-15075-striker.jpg

Well I've finally got to get out in some colder weather and snow. As anticipated, the suit has performed flawlessly.

So far, the things that really stand out to me are the soft lycra cuffs, and overall just how warm the darn thing is, yet still breaths.

One of the negatives I've come across are the large snap pockets on the jacket. The combination of the size of the pockets and the snaps seem to be a recipe for the snaps coming undone. I'm not sure if they are catching on things and popping open or just a sign of weak snaps. I find that I'm looking every now and then to make sure I haven't lost anything. I haven't yet and most likely never will, but its in the back of my mind.

I think Velcro might have worked a little better.

No doubt about it though, it's a quality suit and well worth a look!

had mine out two times now and like others have said it is almost to warm with this weather we have been having. it is a well built suit and I am very glad I invested in the suit. it will be the only suit I use from now on. I was originally going to get a Arctic Armor suit but now I am glad I waited and got this instead. I plan to also pick up a lite version of the suit at the start of next season. the only negative thing about the suit so far has been the straps on the bibs want to slide down your shoulder. to me it is not that big of deal but that is the only thing I can find wrong with it now. the knees are very well built and you stay nice and dry when kneeling on the ice. I love the adjustable inseam as this made a big difference for me.

i to have the problem with the straps sliding off the shoulders ,and found if i put the bibs on snug the straps up then take the left clip and clip in right side and right in left side they don't slide off as easy? still a great all around suit!

I picked up the regular, non-floating bibs yesterday and here are a couple of comments.

1. They are very well insulated and should be nice and warm.

2. I am 6' 1" tall with a 32" inseam. The legs are a little bit long on me and the regular non-floating legs are not adjustable like the floating version.

3. I have a 34/36" waist and the that area fits me, but not much extra room for a larger midsection.

Overall they look very nice and I look forward to trying them on the ice!

I haven't got wet through my suit yet. Granted with spearing your not kneeling on the ice for to long,however you get water all over yourself most of the time when cutting the hole and pulling the blocks and I have stayed dry the whole time. I cant wait for time in the boat either it's going to be the cats meow.

Has anyone looked at both the regular weight and the lite? I was just wondering how much more bulky the regular is. I am not that much of a die hard that I will be sitting out in really cold weather. I like the idea of a floating suit for fall open water fishing and spring ice fishing. Any thoughts appreciated.

Has anyone looked at both the regular weight and the lite? I was just wondering how much more bulky the regular is. I am not that much of a die hard that I will be sitting out in really cold weather. I like the idea of a floating suit for fall open water fishing and spring ice fishing. Any thoughts appreciated.

I have the regular suit and to me it is no bulkier then the strikemaster suit I also have. look at Dtros pics at the top of this thread. the suit he has on in the pics is the regular suit. the regular would be to warm for fall open water and spring late ice. the lite would be better for that. I plan to add a lite suit to my arsenal at the start of next season for using on the warmer days when the regular is not needed.