• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

COD MW3 Discussion

CJH

Today I noticed a pretty sweet deal. A place is offering a 12 month Xbox live gold membership for $34.99. when you buy MW3...

Count me in! That is the best deal I have seen so far, well for Xbox!!!

Cheapest I have seen a 12 month xbox live membership is 50 dollars shipped to the door.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost time. When is everybody picking up their copy, anyone going at midnight? I pre-ordered the hardened edition from amazon with release day delivery so hopefully it's waiting for me when I get home from work tomorrow, can't wait.

Well, I had my yearly geek out and got the game last night at midnight and ranked up to level 24 already. My initial reactions, the game is sweeeeet, if you like CoD I dont see how you will be disapointed.

The game play is so smooth, played a few hours and only expierenced lag once, never had a game drop or host migrate.

The guns, at least the ones Im using, do have more recoil but its manageable. I actually like that they did this especially considering my next point.

It takes less damage to kill and the hit detection is very good.

You get "kills" towards your killstreaks by taking out UAVs and completing objectives. Might sound cheap but it works out quite well.

I did have a little trouble with the party system but not sure if thats the servers or just me right now.

Cant think of much else off the top of my head.

Better go lay down seeing as Im not feeling well and couldnt work today wink

Everything you said make me very happy and anxious to play, but for the next few days I need to work on my kill streak shooting pheasants in ND instead. wink

...now where is that bouncing betty that I packed...

Quick opinion, MW3 is a better game then COD black ops that I've experienced so far. However I bought Battlefield 3 a week ago and hands down Battlefield 3 beats MW3 in ALL aspects. I guess that's why it took all the top awards and just like the commercial says, Battlefield 3 goes above and beyond the call.....

Game ran smooth as silk all night tonight. Not much new from MW2, but I can see improvements.

Kill Confirmed may be one of the better game modes of all time. Campers worst nightmare. As Deitz said tonight, "I may never play another game mode again"

The strike packages are cool and I love the fact that you get credit for shooting down choppers, capturing flags, and whatnot.

A step up from MW2 IMO

My 9 year old and I like Survival Mode much better than Zombies of the past.

We made it to round 14 before dinner kicked us off, then cub scouts, then guitar lessons, then bed time, so we'll have to hit it again another night.

I played multiplayer for about 3 hours.

Trying to find an assault rifle I like.

I used to run the SCAR on MW2 with a silencer, but on MW3, I can hardly get a kill with that combo.

I too like the Kill Confirmed mode, and played until I got to level 20, so I could play Hardcore Kill Confirmed.

I hate "core" modes.

had a great time last night.. and as Dtro pointed out, Kill Confirmed was my fave by far. What a hoot.

I have both MW3 and BF3, and as of last night, I like MW better. Right now there are too many snipers on BF that you cant even move without getting blasted by a guy 1/2 way across the board. Both are fun, but I think I will leave MW3 in the console for a few days...

Love pickin up them dog tags...

Fun game, nothing earth shattering as far as change goes...which is probably a good thing. I played last night for a couple of hours and never got booted from a game. Tonight I'll have to try out "Kill Confirmed". I also like the survival mode better than zombies. Haven't tried the single player yet.

Kill Confirmed may be one of the better game modes of all time. Campers worst nightmare. As Deitz said tonight, "I may never play another game mode again"

It won't stop campers. In fact it's just a matter of time before they figure out it's a good playlist to go camp in, as they care less about winning the game and more that their k/d ratio looks good. It becomes a campers paradise in that situation: everyone else trying to play correctly will be forced into the open often.

Yep, you get points for the kill and then points for the tag. Your team only gets points towards a victory if you get the tags though. I could see snipers using the tags as bait and just waiting with their crosshairs on them.

I thought the game was pretty good. Like others have said, played very smooth and better hit detection than Black Ops. If you like MW2 then you'll like this game. I played Mercenary all night which alternates between TDM and Kill Confirmed.

The different point streaks (assault vs. support) is pretty cool. It's VERY easy to get the pro perks. Turn any one of them and play for 5-10 levels and you'll have the pro version.

I get that, but what good is baiting to kill if you don't retrieve the tags? You don't get a kill.

You don't get a point towards winning the game, but they'll have a huge k/d spread in the post game stats, and in their overall stats those kills count towards the k/d. The bane of a lot of games is that many people only care about that k/d number, and forgo any effort to play the gametype as intended. It's like playing demolition and never stepping withing 50 feet of the targets.

are you sure about that? I ask because last night I noticed if I killed someone and didn't get the tags, it's basically didn't happen. I maybe wrong but I don't think any of that factors in to kill death ratio, unless those tags are collected

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you get credit in your personal stats for getting the kill. It just doesn't count towards the team score. If you didn't get the kill unless you got the tags then people could just throw on marathon and a run around stealing tags and have a 30+ kill game without pulling the trigger.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you get credit in your personal stats for getting the kill. It just doesn't count towards the team score. If you didn't get the kill unless you got the tags then people could just throw on marathon and a run around stealing tags and have a 30+ kill game without pulling the trigger.

Which would be hilarious to see........30 kills without firing your gun.

Yeah, you still get the kill without getting the tags...

Anyone else find the knifing to be a little off in this game? Dont know how to explain it but Ive had more times than I can count where I miss/lose a knife battle and say to myself WHAT THE...! That or me and the enemy both miss and we both go into a spinning, chaotic, hipfiring, bullet spraying fight.

I wish they had at least one big open map (think wasteland) for sniping. This game has no good sniping maps I think I used a sniper rifle once just to try it out.

The CM901 and SCAR are my go to guns, just unlocked the ACR the other night used it a few games and I think thats going to be a popular gun once again.

OK, now I’m totally confused. There are 2 entities to this game Kills/Deaths which is kept track on the menu option, and total score (pts). For your team to get points, you have to get kills and then collect the tags.

If I shoot someone. My Kill/Death for that game is 0/0 until myself or someone else collects the gold tag then it goes to 1/0 and our team gets points. If the other team collects the tag (which is red color to them) before anyone gets to it my Kills remain at zero, so I could “kill” 20 guys on the other team, but if they deny every single one of them my personal kill total is still zero. I did confirm that last night.

I actually think having a “runner” is a very good tactic and one that doesn’t goes against the principals of the game. In fact we discussed many times last night that running in groups of 2 or more in this mode is beneficial, especially one with a running class.

Now….if someone is sitting in a remote window plinking off guys from afar and nobody on his team is collecting the gold tags or more likely the other team is denying the kill by getting to the tags before them, I don’t see how that can be counted towards that guy’s overall KDR in MW3. IF and I do stress IF it does, then I think it’s a bug.

If it does, then I guess I’m wrong, but I don’t see how that would be the intention of the developers.