• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

COD MW3 Discussion

CJH

The maps on BOPS were fantastic. I liked almost every one of them. None of them stand out as great on MW3. They're all "bleh". Game play might not be quite as smooth, but after the first couple of months once the issues were ironed out I never had the problems that most of you complained about, but maybe that's because I'm on PS3...not sure.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just put half a clip into a guys chest as he walked forward and stabbed me. That's improvement? Game needs to be fixed fast.

Lawn, try turning down the sensitivity. That is the route I went yesterday with some help from riverrat. Got it at about 1/3 of my settings on other cods.

here is my 2 cents on mw3.in my OPPION its way better than black ops.like some ppl said hit detection and it takes less bullets to drop a person.and lag black ops is the worst call of duty game for the lag issues.as for the maps on mw3 like TurnUpFishing said its like a rat in a maze.maps are huge with lots of buildings or lots of (camping) spots as i call it.if some ppl like to snipe there are what like 2 maps you can snipe on??as for the knife.the knifing is way better on mw3 than black ops.now the perks.i like blakc ops perks set up way better than mw3.you shouldnt need 2 perks tobe undetecable.to thats just not right but i make it work after playing a few.to me they got all the perks in the wrong spots.and some of you played with me im a huge fan of hardcore lol

After Mr. D suggested it, I was playing Team Defender last night with JackAttack0214 (my 9 year old).

That's fun, just wish it was hard core.

I had the "guy walks straight at me, shoot him with a full ACR clip, no silencer, and he stabs me" thing happen 4-5 times.

Either I'm just not hitting the right spots, or whatever, but all of the other CODs, I could spray and pray in Hardcore and kill a guy. Now if I'm not hitting him directly in the ding-ding, he's not dying, and even then there's a chance that I'm dying.

I've had more kills by shooting behind a person than I have actually hitting them.

Well, I FINALLY had it where I emptied a clip into a dude and he never died.. shot me once and i did.. ... .. .... But then i watched the kill cam and realized that he had that STUPID suit on. Bullets no worky on them!!!

I've had a few of those "OH OH" moments also with those Jugger's..... I keep meaning to get me one of those.....some day. cool

Well, I'm still pretty bad at the game. Played for about an hour this afternoon, and got kicked around pretty good. I also had some serious lag issues. I've NEVER lagged in previous COD games, so that is somewhat frustrating. I do like kill confirmed though because I believe it brings out more teamwork, which I really like.

I've had games that totally freeze for 1-2 seconds. Just as I'm thinking I have to reset my system (like I had to do several times in Black Flops) it starts to go again. I think the first week black ops was released, the game was basically unplayable for me due to the major issues they had. MW3 has a rediculous amount of players on right now and it's playing better since the last update on the PSN. So far, once a game has started I've never lost a match due to the host migration. In black Ops whenever i was having a really good game it seemed like someone would leave, and the match would be totally lost and no new host found. A few times I've joined a game of domination in a party where a team has totally left the match. That stinks because the game is already almost over and you have to take a loss.

One thing that is really fun is shotguns in this game. You need to take a lot of time to build them up. Once you get enough kills you can extend the range on the shotgun, and they are crazy powerful. The striker and 1887 are worth upgrading. It's awesome to drop guys in their tracks with one shot.

For the little bit that I actually sit down and play these games. This is decent, I still stink at it.........worse than the previous though. Of course all these issues that you all are talking about might be be cause for my poor play......yeah that's it!

this game plays way better than ops?

At the very least they are equal. So far Id say it plays smoother.

I get a kick out of how much hate was thrown at BO from the gaming community and now people are clamoring that this title stinks and they are already going back to the wonderful BO. History seems to repeat itself with every new CoD title.

My big complaint was with the knifing, maybe it was tweaked in one of the updates or Im slowly adapting to it in this game but I find I dont have as many rage moments when I comes to those quick reaction knife moments.

Just put half a clip into a guys chest as he walked forward and stabbed me. That's improvement? Game needs to be fixed fast.

Lawn, try turning down the sensitivity. That is the route I went yesterday with some help from riverrat. Got it at about 1/3 of my settings on other cods.

After watching your kill cam and seeing you bounce all over the place I figured you had your sensitivity up way to high! I had a friend over and one day and his game play looked exactly like yours. But he was starting to get motion sickness. I turned down the sensitivity and he was able to play flawlessly. Hope it helps your game play and your voice from less yelling wink

I must suck enough at this game that I dont notice the lag and such.. At least on my machine, this game plays way better than ops?

That is because the only time your game uploads any content over the internet is when you fire your gun. If you sit in a corner and don't more you shouldn't have lag issues wink

Har Har wink

At the very least they are equal. So far Id say it plays smoother.

I get a kick out of how much hate was thrown at BO from the gaming community and now people are clamoring that this title stinks and they are already going back to the wonderful BO. History seems to repeat itself with every new CoD title.

My big complaint was with the knifing, maybe it was tweaked in one of the updates or Im slowly adapting to it in this game but I find I dont have as many rage moments when I comes to those quick reaction knife moments.

The knifing is way worse then any COD game I have played! Black ops wasn't that bad, you would just get many misses. With MW3 I think its horrible. you can't melee fast enough, if you both knife and miss it seems the other opponent gets to knife you first. I have not tried a tack knife yet. I wonder if that is any good! If knifing was equal to MW2 minus the lunge id be content...

I was fed up enough with the game the other night, I dug out an old ethernet cable, tore down the entertainment area, rearranged everything so I could get the PS3 close enough to the modem to hardwire.

It's the same.

Wireless or hard wired.

Says I'm downloading at 3.0 and up at 315-ish.

I played for about 4 hours on Saturday. I've hit that point where I don't have enough time to play to get used to the maps and the game itself so I get worked when I jump on for a few hours once a week. I'm also trying to force my rushing habits from Black Ops onto this game and they just don't translate. I had few games that were downright embarassing.

I refuse to sit in a corner or camp out with my red dot on an alley so if it comes down to that's what you have to do to do well in this game then I'll probably go back to Black Ops. There were countless times when I was running and gunning and I'd turn a corner and literally the instant I would see the other guy, I was dead. Not sure if there was lag or if I was playing against cyborgs, but it was extremely frustrating.

Got sick of the constant camping on MW3 yesterday and put in MW2. Took awhile to get enough players for a game. After two quick scope deaths and a nube tube I put in Black Ops. First game dropped due to host issues. The second has migration issues three times. Finally decided to go outside and play. I'm thinking I'm done with this franchise. A lot of money for inferior products. sick

I've played MW2 & Black Ops for too many hours of my life and I just keep wondering why they can't stick with a particular platform and just keep improving it longer. Instead its just like with cars and everything else...they make everyone think they need to get a sexy new model every year when they never work out the kinks. One would think that when you have the same type of game over and over it would get easier to prevent recurring problems.

The sad part is the huge volume of people willing to keep going through the cycle of a new product that has major problems right off the bat because they have to rush it to market. So we wait for patches and new map packs and that's all the further they take it. Why can't they rework/remove perks etc.

I would pay a small fee monthly in addition to XBOX live to help fund a group that would actually fix the things they don't flush out before the release. That really what it boils down to...they can't pay for people to fixing product, only to create more marketable [PoorWordUsage].

Well I actually know it's obvious why they keep coming out with new versions of the same thing, it makes money and thats all that matters. But seriously where can they go from MW3...are they gonna go back to civil war era?

LOL, we go from harriers and ACRs to muskets and canons. Killsteaks would be calvalry and gangrene. Extended mags would mean your gun could hold two musket balls instead of one. We'd be complaining about commando lunges with bayonets instead of tactical knives. Model 1887s would be state of the art. Six shooter revolvers would be over powered primary weapons...okay I'll stop now.

I played for about 4 hours on Saturday. I've hit that point where I don't have enough time to play to get used to the maps and the game itself so I get worked when I jump on for a few hours once a week. I'm also trying to force my rushing habits from Black Ops onto this game and they just don't translate. I had few games that were downright embarassing.

I refuse to sit in a corner or camp out with my red dot on an alley so if it comes down to that's what you have to do to do well in this game then I'll probably go back to Black Ops. There were countless times when I was running and gunning and I'd turn a corner and literally the instant I would see the other guy, I was dead. Not sure if there was lag or if I was playing against cyborgs, but it was extremely frustrating.

Yup you experienced lag! That is what happens or you see a guy and you wait for him to get a bit closer and then as soon as you start to pull the trigger your dead. Or when you are shot at and you turn the corner and you know you turned the corner and you die. then in the kill cam it shows you around the corner but him still getting hit markers... that is the lag compensation article we read that someone posted

Just curious those of you who think your getting worked over and seems like the enemy knows right where you are and they have the upper hand, are you running Assassin? IMO their is no perk worth giving away your position on the mini map for. If your not using assassin the enemy probably does know right where you are and is expecting you.

When I prestiged I didnt buy assassin with a token, HUGE mistake. My KDR dropped by .2 in the 27 levels to get Assassin back. It took some bad games for it to drop that quick. I wont make that mistake again.