• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Luminock-type options

Scoot

I know this has been touched on before, but I did a search and didn't come up with much. What Luminock-type options have people tried and been happy with? I'd like to give them a try this year...

Is there a good option for one that comes in a color other than red? How many grains do they typically weigh? Much noticable difference in point of impact at 40 yards?

There are some youtube videos and forum posts on other sites that describe how to make your own using battery refill kits for fishing bobbers. I bought some parts last fall but never got around to actually making working nocks. My brother got one or two to work though and told me that he had no problem with arrow flight difference using a few different brands out of his bow. I think he shoots expandable broadheads though, my concern is how it will affect my fixed blade broadhead flight. Maybe I'll figure it out this summer...

I bought some a few years back (luminock brand) the red color. I was only shooting out to thirty yards at the time and did not notice any difference in arrow flight.

Never did get a shot at a deer that year though so cant say they helped me much there.

Next year i dug them out and seemed to have trouble with the battery and the knock being lite so i just went back to the regular style nocks.

I'm probably going to pick up some for the upcoming season.

I tried the Lumenock and I was having a hard time with them turning on so I tried the Tracers and had a lot better results. They turn on with a magnet but I wasn't too impressed with them though. I ended up removing them since a friend of mine said if you use them and you shoot a pope and young your animal don't get into the book.

the recomendations I have about doing this are...dont drill holes in the nock, it can weaken the nock and you could end up hurt really bad. I do reccomend drilling the inside of the nock so the battery will seat good with the nock. You dont need to drill very deep, thickness of a dime maybe. I have a few of these nocks that are 3 years old this spring n work just fine. I also reccomend using the green and orange batteries with a like color nock. The red battery doesnt show up as well as the other 2

I would stay with the Lumenock brand, I have tried the Tracer's, they were very inconsistant for lighting for me.

The Lumenocks affected my flight a tad out to 40 yards, about 2"

Wife went to the G3(G5) lighted nocks, can't remember, those work for her too, they are are quite heavy and do affect her quite a bit at 25 yards plus, but she is shooting about 40lbs.

Is your goal to follow your arrow in flight or to have a lit nock after the shot?

Something new I found are the Zeon Fusion vanes from Norway Industries. They use neon colors with thicker "veins" in the vane that help transmit light to the edge, similar to a sight pin. They have a free sample on their webpage. I ordered them and they just got here so I plan on fletching some up and giving them a try.