• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who's getting a Verizon iphone

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say much that has much that hasn't been said.

There is android phones that knock the current iPhone out of the water; evo4g. Galaxy4g shift4g. Ect. Verizon is going to be dropping the curtains on their android 4g phones in the next couple weeks (4g available in the mpls area).

So what's the point in even bothering with the iPhone? The two things that I can tell it truly does better is playing iTunes, and have a nicer display. Other than that it realty doesn't do anything for me. I can't change batteries, I can't use a real keyboard (Steve Jobs is a button nazi for some reason), no 4g service, and most importantly no customization (homescreens Widgets ect).

Its now a fasion item and not the best phone...

So when I upgrade my Droid in the next month it will be to a 4g android phone and not a iPhone.

To each their own.

I have had an iPhone since the day before it came out, then got a 3g and now a 4. I have had no issues that werent my fault with any of these phones (drops, corrosion of dock connector due to wet hands ie fishing). I don't worry about free apps I have been jailbroken forever now. Installus gets me what I need.

I dont see the need for a real keyboard. I actually prefer not to have one. A lot of the droid phones dont even have one. I don't have to worry about breaking them, getting junk in the sliders and all that. And you can update your home screen now....

I wonder if this pertains to only personal plans? We just renewed our business plan with AT&T (Feb. 2011) and I was involved with it. We still have unlimited data and the additional cost during this period did not change from our previous period.

I wonder if this pertains to only personal plans? We just renewed our business plan with AT&T (Feb. 2011) and I was involved with it. We still have unlimited data and the additional cost during this period did not change from our previous period.

If you had an Unlimited Data Plan with ATT before blah blah date in July or August 2010 business or personal, you were grandfathered in to being able to retain your unlimited plan so long as you didn't change your data plan at all for ANY reason. If you bought a new phone or changed you calling plan or SMS plan it didn't matter they weren't stripping current unlimited plans from existing clients. I'm sure this will hold true for most providers as they move away from unlimited data.

What's funny is most people (myself included) freak out at the thought of losing the unlimited data and having to settle for 2GB cap, but in reality the majority of users will rarely if ever exceed 1GB much less 400-500 MB on monthly use, even with stream music and video, email, web browsing app downloading. It takes ALOT to get there. I use my phone (Dell Streak) for everything and I mean everything and I'm pushing maybe 1.1 1.2 GB a month through in bandwidth.

I suggest buying through ATT in the future rather then Best Buy, Amazon, Wirefly or the like because if they screw up (which is 98% of the time) you will lose your unlimited data and will have to fight with the CSR and their managers to get it back and that is no fun. I have done it and learned my lesson.