• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

RUT REPORT

Wensel

Stand still down in my area of the Southeast. Really nothing happening. Smaller bucks seem to be chasing, but nothing is responding well to calling. Saw a buck with does on my way home Saturday night, hard to say if he was really doing any chasing, he wasn't very big, it was pretty dark and they were in the headlights.

I saw a 145-150 in the ditch on Sat around 7:00 pm. a little after dark, my buddy shot a 13 point, and another friend saw a dandy by his shop in the morning. I think things are starting to fire up. The weather the next two days is sapposed to be terrible, but I will be out every day after that.

I'm going to hunt like a machine after this weekend, everyday all day. I'm predicting the week before gun opener to be awesome for bowhunters. I'll make it out a few times this week. I've been seeing small scrapes but nothing too exciting, I don't feel it yet so I haven't even started to rattle, grunt, snort wheeze, ect, Yet.

I'm in SE MN.

Saturday being cloudy and windy before the rain I decided to get out and scout ranter than hunt. Probably hiked 2-3 miles and specifically looking for the scrapes scrapes which were so prevalent this time last year. They were hard to find. In spot after spot there was no evidence of any rutting activity or fresh rubs. Finally, I found one small scrape. It really doesn't seem to be happening yet, I hunt within the city of Superior. The DNR says this zone has 71 deer per square mile as of the their last census. I don't believe it to be anywhere near that but if it's half there still are plenty of bucks, but they haven't gotten the signal yet as near as I can tell.

musky hunter whereabouts in Superior are you. Ive got some land just south of Superior off 4. I was up last weekend and saw a decent amount of scrapes and rubs. One huge rub under my stand. Excited to get out next weekend.

full-35434-2567-bigrub.jpg

One of the bigger rubs im trying to find a pic of my biggest one

full-35434-2569-littlerub.jpg

full-35434-2571-rub.jpg

A couple smaller rubs

full-35434-2573-scrape.jpg

nice scrape

Since I had yesterday off, I thought it would be a good time to do some scouting of the land that I hunt. SPent a good 3 hours walking the field edges and just inside the wood lines looking for any sign. Can see the trails where they are coming out onto the fields and found one scrape. Then I went to an adjacent field that is meadow hay with a standing cornfield at the end of it. The cornfield is just a food plot and is only about an acre big. There were 4 fresh scapes along the edge of that field that had just been made, probably yesterday morning, as the tracks were still fresh. Had they been made the night before, the rain would have washed them out. Didn't find any rubs, but at least there are scrapes starting to show up.

Will be hunting hard after this storm/front move through at the end of the week.

Hunted a little this weekend. Didnt see much activity while i was in my stand but saw deer all over the place. Saw most a the deer during the middle of the day also. Had to of seen 20 different deer from the noon hour to about 3 in 2 days. Also shined my 40 acre field at about 9pm and there had to be at least 50 deer in there. They were every where. Saw a few smaller bucks chasing. I also found this huge rub.

full-35434-2756-hugerub.jpg