• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

RUT REPORT

Wensel

Some of the areas I hunt are tore up with scrap lines and rub lines other properties just a few scrapes on the field edges. Tuesday I went and moved a stand and found where two bucks had been fighting. 2 weeks ago I had a young 10 pushing does down in the swamp. So it's starting to happen hopefully we get the cold snap next week the big ones should be out chasing or cruising for does around holloween.

Lots of prerut activity in my area of the southeast. Not much of a response to grunts and rattles. Not really much for serious chasing aside from the occasional small guys thinking they might get lucky. Lots of scrape and rub activity. The bucks are actively making and refreshing their scrape lines. Most of the deer movement is at night, almost all the large buck movement is at night.

I haven't had any response to any bleating, grunting or rattling....BUT, I have started to see some rubs. I agree that most of the bucks are moving during the night, however, I think it is due in part to the Full Moon we are experiencing this week. Hopefully next week it will be really getting started. Hopefully the rain either holds off or it gets colder and turns to SNOW! Good luck to all of you. This is my first year archery hunting so keep your fingers crossed for me also....

At my spot about 45 min south of the Twin Cities, it sounded like they were beatin the crud out of eachother below my stand before light (this was on Weds). Had a spike below my tree as I watched him make a scrape and then p!ss on it. Would sure have loved to take a doe, but they were gone after the wind effed it all up. There are two different scrape lines criss-crossing my area. One line has little scrapes that look like someone took two chopsticks and ran them parallel through the dirt. The other scrape line was much larger and just has big ol footprints. Seen some rubs. Had does in that area when I walked in to my stand at approximately 5:30am. They just sorta watched and didn't spook. I'd imagine the lil buck came in there hoping to "get some". Saw a big bodied deer behind the thick stuff, but couldn't get a clear view of the head or any antlers. Exciting times. Hoping all that activity moves to shooting time. I'd say another week and we're in for business.

Where I am hunting its torn up. at one of my stands there are 5 rubs, and 3scrapes. We have the trail cam there and we have an a nice eight, ten, and a spike with several does. This morning a spike came into some grunting, and I am wondering what ur guys thoughts were on rattling early in the morning tommorow?? the ten is on the trail cam at about 1:45 am. any thoughts?? Thanks

I was thinking it would be too early in my area for the rut to begin but the other night I had our usual doe and fawn walk through about 6:30. A half hour later, an 8 point walked within 30 feet of the house following the same line through the yard that the doe walked.

I need to get a trail cam in the yard with the wildlife that's been passing through this year.

I'm in east central MN -

Two weekends ago I had a group of 4 deer, a couple young buck and a couple does, come by and dink around for a while. Rubbing trees.... the young bucks were running the does off kind of playfully chasing them, knocking antlers together, nothing serious. A few small scrapes. Last weekend I saw a lot of deer. A few doe went running by and I called in a small buck that was alone. Was doing his back leg rubbing thing and rubbing up the ground. Harvested my first doe of the season. (Feels good to have venison in the freezer.) Then went and checked out one of my other stands and there was a huge scrape on the ground. Definitely feel like they're ramping up their activity. Plus the farmers looked like they were starting to combine the corn. I'm excited for tonight!

Saturday being cloudy and windy before the rain I decided to get out and scout ranter than hunt. Probably hiked 2-3 miles and specifically looking for the scrapes scrapes which were so prevalent this time last year. They were hard to find. In spot after spot there was no evidence of any rutting activity or fresh rubs. Finally, I found one small scrape. It really doesn't seem to be happening yet, I hunt within the city of Superior. The DNR says this zone has 71 deer per square mile as of the their last census. I don't believe it to be anywhere near that but if it's half there still are plenty of bucks, but they haven't gotten the signal yet as near as I can tell.

last nite i had a decent 8 on the heels of a doe that didnt want much to do with him, but it was good to see. On the way home standing on an edge of a corn field seen a huge ten and two does. in the woods iv only seen a few scrapes and rubs

I hunted over in Polk Co. WI on public land over the weekend.

The young bucks are rutting. Some scrape action from Thurs/Fri but not touched again over Sat/Sun. Only saw a few 1.5yo bucks, one was chasing a doe and two fawns.

Zero response to my rattling, grunt and doe bleat attempts.