• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waterfowl Reports

Went out this afternoon and it was completely dead, not 1 single bird in sight. I thought well this is the end of the road for the season for me. Then about 15 minutes before sunset the mallards came out of hiding and were flying everywhere. Got a couple beautiful drakes and missed a couple as well. Will definetely get some more hunts in this week.

Field Hunted a field in Farmington Sat and Sun afternoons.

Lots of geese in the area and a couple nice flocks of mallards.

Ended up with four on Sat. and nothing to show for Sundays hunt.

Not sure what it was but had a couple of flocks coming but they caught the wind and where gone.

Sifty

Hunted out west yesterday and shot a couple mallards and a bunch of spoonies and a goose. Lots of mallards flying but would flair at about 60yds. Was using a mojo...first time ever and I am thinking this might have been the problem. Anyone else having this happen?

hunted north metro lake this morning, saw about 16 mallards none of them came close enough to shoot, one group skirted just outside the decoys and just out of range. Still ducks and geese around but it seems like they've found the safe spots. Might venture out again Wednesday but this weather isn't great for hunting.

Lots of mallards flying but would flair at about 60yds. Was using a mojo...first time ever and I am thinking this might have been the problem. Anyone else having this happen?

Were you hunting in a boat? Do you have a "blind" on the boat?

My guess is they were seeing something or someone they didn't like, not your Mojo 2c

North metro this morning. Lots of geese flying, but they knew where they were going and it wasn't to us wink

Did have two mallards come in perfect, and we got them both. Those were our only shots, and we really didn't see many ducks flying, less than expected. Two flocks buffies, four bills swimming way out, and maybe two other small groups of ducks, that was it!....

Two other groups on lake, saw one goose fall, and the farther group group got a couple birds right after shooting time. Slow morning, but how the ducks did come in made the 7 dozen dekes worth it, hahahaha!!! crazy

Hunted out west yesterday and shot a couple mallards and a bunch of spoonies and a goose. Lots of mallards flying but would flair at about 60yds. Was using a mojo...first time ever and I am thinking this might have been the problem. Anyone else having this happen?

Im 90 percent sure it was the mojo. Not sure about other factors like brdhunter stated...because it could be something else, but i would say it was the mojo. Iv been using a mojo for 11 years and in the last 5 years iv almost exclusively stopped using them over water. They arnt as effective. The mallards will see them from a distance and come take a look, then flare at 60 yards. If ducks wont commit the mojo is the first thing to come down.

Hunted the Winnie area this morning.

Not alot of wind and I think stuff that had been iced up is opening up and causing the birds to spread out.

My buddy got 3 goldeneyes and he's putting an awesome drake and a great hen on the wall. All I could hit was a pair of hooded mergansers.

Headed back out in the a.m. to close out the North zone season. Wish we could hunt through the weekend as the weather forecast looks awesome this weekend.

Brian

The refuge outside of town started to fill up with the most mallards I have seen in a few years. Sounds like many hunters are having great success. 3 man limit of mallards on Sat. Watched alot of birds going out to feed. Someone posted earlier that they thought maybe the mojo was flaring the ducks they were hunting, we had 8 spinners going and they were dropping in from way above.

water or field ? I had a couple flocks do the same a week ago came from the nose bleed section , circled twice and sailed at the last turn when the where cupped and committed . landed 75-100'yds out.

I'm quite certain it was the 3 mojos and 1 wind decoy . I never called cause they where working perfect ,But if I had picked up the call at the end Im convinced they would have finished.

had a 12 pack of bluebills do the same. next day

Im not sure if ill use them again this year.

Decided to giver er one more shot this morning to close out the season in the North Zone. Set up in a shallow, rocky sandbar just north of Duluth with just 8 mallard floaters and a robo. Had 2 flocks and a single decoy without second thought and had 2 limits laid out in 20 minutes!

full-41541-26643-img_0289.jpg

full-41541-26645-img_8385.jpg

we were up on shore hidden in some bushes and our boat was about 300yds away. I am planing on going Saturday again and will start with the Mojo and take it down if I have the same problem I guess. Must work better at the beginning of the season I am assuming? Thanks for the help!