• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Home fiels for the play offs

harvey lee

I think both Tampa and the Yanks are battling more for home field throughout the playoffs than the division. If for some reason the Twins would pull out in front by a good margin with 4 or 5 games to go, I think both squads would set their pitching rotation instead of chasing the division.

I'm torn on who I would rather face. The Yanks lineup is spooky, but the Rays pitching is much deeper. We're probably gonna have to beat them both to go anywhere.... so we'll see...

I think playing the Yanks in the first round, WITH home field advantage in just a 5 game series might be the best way to get past those guys. I say "bring 'em on!"

i completely agree donbo. I would MUCH rather play them in a 5 game series with us having the home field advantage as opposed to a 7 game series where the NYY have home field

The interesting trade-off for Gardy once we actually clinch is getting the players some rest and setting a rotation vs. chasing home field.

The boys have certainly shown how exhausted they were the past few in just getting to the playoffs.

The interesting trade-off for Gardy once we actually clinch is getting the players some rest and setting a rotation vs. chasing home field.

Yeah, which route do you take? You don't want them to have a bunch of rest right before the playoffs, so they should start it soon. Then taper them back in so we're firing on all cylinders come playoffs.

Our record in Target Field is great, so that's another route.

The Twins starters are all pretty much interchangeable, with maybe Liriano nosing ahead as the #1 guy with his terrific second half. I would much rather have them go for home field advantage than try to set up a certain rotation. Just look at their home/road record...it's pretty telling - 25 games over .500 at home, just +5 on the road.

Plus Target Field is much less HR-friendly, which could be key if they end up drawing the Yanks in round 1.