• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

haydays

slurpie

If this is your first time there, you'll be overwhelmed.

About all you can do is walk, keep your eyes out for what you're looking for and if it seems like a good deal, buy it or it will probably be gone the next pass thru.

I have no idea what make / model 440 you have but I would want to know if your seat and tank will interchange with another model just incase you run into that situation.

Good luck!

Mike

Some helpful haydays hints...It is a good idea to go there knowing what you are looking for, and what the price of the items are new. Most of the time the items are way below a new cost, but one must be careful because not all of the swap guys have blowout bottem dollar prices.

Don't give in with their asking price, it is a swap meet and they expect to adjust their pricing. If they don't budge on their price, keep walking you will probably find another one in the next row.

If the deal looks great, and it is what you are looking for, snatch it up. If you want to keep shopping and think you will keep that one in mind if you don't find anything else, chances are it will be gone when you go back.

Another thing... With all the stuff you can easily get destracted and end up spending your money on things you don't need, but can't resist a great deal.

I will be there as well tomorrow. Last year I went in search of stock take off rims and tires for my 4 - wheeler. I was expecting to spend around 150. I ended up finding some in the very last row of the swap meet. $25 bucks for rims and tires.

It probably is one of the best Guys Garage sales you could ever imagine. You could probably find just about anything there.

Good Luck,

CA

we were stuck in line this morning for about 4 hours. we finally parked about 3 miles away and started walking. I hope some of the locals open up their fields to parking next year! too many people funneling into a small area at the same time.

A buddy and I also drove up there this morning. About an hour there, hour and a half waiting in line(took about an hour to go approx. 3/4 of a mile), got to probably within 3-4 miles of the gates, turned around. Anybody know why there were such lines of cars from every direction just stopped. We went away very disappointed with not being able to even get in. Heard through someone in Harris that the lots were already full at 10:30 this morning. Might have to camp there next year I guess.

it was on the news

back up of 5 hrs for some

the promoter said give us a year

i guess the police thought there wou;d be about 30k showing up but

i guess there was more

i've never been there and i think it will be a couple of yrs before i think about going ! lol

Wasn't that INSANE !?!?!? Good grief you would think they would have planned better for the new location!

I heard a couple stories but I guess one of the main problems was the first parking lot being muddy and people getting stuck coming off the road and into the field, stopped everything right there when you can't park people.

We ended up parking about 4 miles away too, walked for 2 miles and hitched a ride on a pickup to where all the roads funneled into one going to the event and walked again from there, made it there at about 10:30 after leaving the hotel at 5:30!

On the way out we caught a ride with a guy in the back of his truck and he brought us back to my truck with the stuff we bought, probably would have bought more but you just didn't know what was going to happen as far as getting back to the truck. When we left, there were people parked 4 miles further than where we had parked! Talk about being deticated...... WOW!

The new place looks like it will work out good when they get the traffic thing figured out, we didn't hardly scratch the surface on the swap meet but we found some pretty good deals anyway.

Mike

No traffic issues right now getting in or out of Hay Days. Drove right to the gate and piece of cake leaving as well. I live about 10 minutes from there and avoided the mess yesterday! Hopefully all the ones in the area that were against the event coming here don't stir things up and cause problems for future years. It was a first year experience and guessing alot was learned by the organizers so hopefully there is improvement next year. Alot of time and money has been invested to bring it up here so hopefully things don't get too bad for them. I think its a great thing, especially for the local businesses that got the added boost from increased traffic this weekend. Rumor going around that the county mailed the land owners in the immediate area of the event saying they would fine them if they turned their fields into paid parking lots. Again... just a rumor that a few of us in the area have heard the last couple of days but it would be interesting to know the validity of it. The wet ground didn't help though.

I heard the horror stories from people that went and I'm glad that I had to miss it this year. ....no one wants to drive an extra 1/2 hour to North Branch just to park 4 miles away. I used to park a couple of hundred feet from the entrance every other year

We left merrifield at 5 and got in line east of North Branch at about 7:45. At that point we had about 6 miles to go to the event. Went 4 miles in 3 hrs and decided to park the truck at 11:20 in a field and still had to walk 2 miles. Bought a z120 for the kids and carried it to the gate. Hitched a ride back to the truck and picked up the sled. Without the Minnesota nice factor of opening up pickups to rides back, there would have been a lot more people really upset. Did anyone get a kick out of the banner flying behind the plane? for those who weren't there it said..."Thanks for your patience..New Improvements for 2011." I am sure many poeple were thinking...I sure hope so. Once we were there, the site was great. A lot of stuff. We pretty much kept to the swap meet side and didn't even venture out to the new stuff.

I was debating buying a cheap 4-wheeler and shuttling people the rest of the day. I am sure it would have been paid for by the end of the day.

CA

You must have been pretty close to us on 95, we ducked off on a gravel road and drove to within 3 1/2 - 4 miles and walked from there.

I hope they can get things worked out, the new place was setup pretty good, I still had a good time and wouldn't hesitate to got back if it works out for me.

We thought about doing the same thing too, buying a wheeler and driving back to the truck, luckily we found a ride instead.

Mike

The traffic was an absolute mess on Friday in North Branch. I was trying to get home from school in WI and hit a dead stop in town. It took well over 45 minutes to creep through town and never seen an LE around anywhere helping the traffic situation. Hopefully I never have to deal with the garbage next year or had I known about it I would've taken a different route. On the plus side Sunday it was a breeze getting through and they were on the ball directing traffic but then I hit Taylors Falls and that was a whole new story. Must've been some type of motorcycle shindig. Took over an hour to get through and back across the St. Croix! Sure glad I am back now!

I'm glad I got up there friday night!!! I feel sorry for some of you that had to sit in traffic... WOW that was crazy!!! We had a good show and sold 10 of the 13 used sleds we took there. I hope it all works out for next's year, all the talk was sunday when we were packing up was there would be no licensee issued for next's year by the city. madsick

You should have let me know you were going to be there...... I would have stopped by. We only made it down about 4 lanes of the swapmeet, the guys have bought some new / newer sleds again this year and were looking for accessories.

We were in communications with some guys on the way down that had their displays setup and they were telling us what a mess it was going to be, next time ( hopefully ) we will atleast have some pedal bikes or a 4 wheeler in the back of the truck.

Did you find anything to buy? I pretty much found what I wanted and would have gotten some more but you just didn't know how you were going to get it back to the truck that far away, so I just let it go. Between the 4 of us, we had our hands full anyway.

I saw a couple turbos for sale, did you tip?

Mike

For all you people that went to haydays. Maybe you should check out princeton outlaws grass drags and swap meet next year. i have never went to haydays and i really like the princeton outlaw grass drags.

SSSSSH! I go to both each year, but not sure I am going to spend 1 1/2 - 2hrs parked on the highway just to get into the Hayday next year! crazy