• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The World Cup is overrated

DTro

I hate all the World Cup junk they try to shove into our eyes on TV!!! I can't stand how boring it is to watch one of these games (haven't even tried this year) let alone listen to an analyst talk about a 0-0 game or 1-0 game (haven't tried but can't escape coverage).......just annoying that they think we even care!!!!!!!!!!!

The kazoos are pretty annoying. What's more annoying, the kazoos or the clapsticks at basketball games?

Well at least there are times of non clapstick at a BB game. Those kazoos are like the energizer bunny.

I have tried to watch a little bit. Man those games are on a bunch of channels. But like others said man is it so boring and those stupid vuvuzela's that sound like bumble bees are so annoying! I made it like 5 minutes last night. I might watch longer when the USA plays, but I doubt it....

I dislike soccer a great deal, I dislike the efforts by that Eastcoast Sports Programming Network to force it down the throats of their watchers, and I really dislike the fact that it has taken the place of Jose Wehebe's show "The Spanish Fly" on Sunday morning's usual outdoors show lineup.

New rules to improve soccer:

1. The length of the field will be cut in half.

2. 20-foot backboards will be added along the endlines; Play will continue if ball is played off endlines.

3. Only 7 players are permitted on the field for each team.

4. Checking is permitted (and encouraged).

5. Any player who fakes an injury or takes a dive will be dogpiled by Derek Boogaard.

Insurance saleswoman Yvonne Mayer, 29, was unable to speak or eat for two days after ripping her windpipe when she blew the three foot horn during a street party in Cape Town. The next day shocked doctors diagnosed her with a ruptured throat and ordered her to rest it completely to allow it to heal.

The bizarre injury is the first known vuvuzela-related accident since the World Cup kicked off last week. Yvonne, from Cape Town, said: 'I had never blown a vuvuzela before but was given one at work and was going to watch the first South Africa match so thought I'd take it along.

'I was walking towards the Fan Park in Cape Town and blowing it as hard as I could when suddenly my throat started to hurt.

'He said I'd ruptured my throat by blowing too hard, and that perhaps I had been doing it all wrong.

'I would urge other fans not to go over the top while blowing, and just follow what your body tells you. If it hurts, stop.

She said: 'This happened to me on my first time.

'I thought I was blowing it right but perhaps I was trying too hard.

'I don't think I'd ever blow one again, because it wasn't much fun.

'Apparently they have smaller ones these days too so perhaps I'll pick one of those up instead for the rest of the tournament.'

Not only are the players a bunch of dandies, so are the fans.

Let's see....

Soccer fans bring plastic horns to a game, errrr match, and not only deafen themselves, but also blow out their throats.

Nascar fans bring coolers of beer and go home with a sunburn.

No contest. Nascar FTW.

And when it's all over there is a definite winner to the contest. No ties in Nascar, unlike Communist Kickball. smile

Quote:
No ties in Nascar, unlike Communist Kickball
Too Funny laugh

I spent 3 years in Germany and understand why it is so popular everywhere but the US.

NO hunting,Nascar, boating of any sorts, snowmobiling, 4 wheelers or motorcycles off-road, football, baseball, limited amount of basketball, some hockey, some fishing.

So what you can do is downhill or cross country ski in the winter,ride your bike around the paved trails, hike around the mountains in the summer, go on a Volksmarch through the woods on Saturday and then hit a beerfest that night

Go to a soccer game and drink beer and act like a fool

I think I will go watch some paint dry and have a beer grin

Insurance saleswoman Yvonne Mayer, 29, was unable to speak or eat for two days after ripping her windpipe when she blew the three foot horn during a street party in Cape Town. The next day shocked doctors diagnosed her with a ruptured throat and ordered her to rest it completely to allow it to heal.

The bizarre injury is the first known vuvuzela-related accident since the World Cup kicked off last week. Yvonne, from Cape Town, said: 'I had never blown a vuvuzela before but was given one at work and was going to watch the first South Africa match so thought I'd take it along.

'I was walking towards the Fan Park in Cape Town and blowing it as hard as I could when suddenly my throat started to hurt.

'He said I'd ruptured my throat by blowing too hard, and that perhaps I had been doing it all wrong.

'I would urge other fans not to go over the top while blowing, and just follow what your body tells you. If it hurts, stop.

She said: 'This happened to me on my first time.

'I thought I was blowing it right but perhaps I was trying too hard.

'I don't think I'd ever blow one again, because it wasn't much fun.

'Apparently they have smaller ones these days too so perhaps I'll pick one of those up instead for the rest of the tournament.'

If I hadn't have known what a Vuvuzela was beforehand, I may have thought that story was inappropriate for this forum. smilelaugh