• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Home Made Anchors?

wooduck26

what in the heck is that dtro?

Its something you can find in the hunting section guys use them to keep there boat secure will hunting in thin cat tails. Its just a big clamp that can grab twigs/small trees to keep you in place on the bank...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy anniversary Scott!

Maybe she'll surprise you with rain gear, fresh bait and the boat hooked up ready to go.

Now that would be a great anniversary present.

As of right now I only have a 15 lb river anchor and it it isnt nearly enough so I came up with some extra weight. Just so happens I had a couple 6" lift blocks laying around. Supprisingly it held the 20' foot RP sidways in the heavy current.

[img:center]5-4-10001.jpg

As of right now I only have a 15 lb river anchor and it it isnt nearly enough so I came up with some extra weight. Just so happens I had a couple 6" lift blocks laying around. Supprisingly it held the 20' foot RP sidways in the heavy current.

Not sure what the wieght of that is going. I might recommend that you get a little larger diameter rope, It will make it alot easier on peoples hands, and if you get hung up and have to use the boat to pull out, you won't part your line.

Almost looks like my anchors..... Those of you familiar with the old style window sash wieghts... That seems to be what all my anchors are made out of or modified with.

Man, you guys sure do know how to punish the anchor beeches in your boat smile

I always have to make sure I eat my wheaties before going fishing with LFC. grin

The only thing better than a clamp, is the electric achor winch on Papa Grumps boat. laugh

Scott did you tell her all you wanted for a anniversary present was a big flathead grin Hope the anchor works for ya also..

She knows that, but I know better to even ask grin . I have a long honey do list I have been chipping away at too, I wasnt expecting to have water temps in the 60's in April, so I was scrambeling to get the stuff done so I will have fishing time, but it looks as though this next week will give me some more honey do list time, before the bite gets really going.

I havent had a chance to use the anchor yet, but I am sure it will work fine. Thanks again, I will even up the score some how!

I made a homemade anchor this spring when I was waiting for the ice to come off the lakes and river to come down. I dumped a whole bag of concrete into a old styrofoam cooler then stuck in a old dog tie out stake into it. I have lost a quite a few anchors on the river and figured it would be cheap to make my own. I have been on the river about 10 times and haven't lost it yet. The only problem is I also had to install a hydrolic crane to hoist it out of the water.

Take a queue from Shamu and use a bigger rope. Then you won't loose your anchor you'll just wreck your prop and anything else including your head when it gets kicked out of the water and lands in the back of the boat.... laugh

I think Anderude was sailing with him on that one.

If your using quality rope and maintain your gear, you should not have a break off. There are times that they become disconnected, untied, unclipped.

Shoot... Rushing help me out here.... didn't I pick one up and toss out only to realize that this anchor wasn't tied to the line.... Oppps.

There have had to cut the rope on more than one occasion because it would have taken a tow truck to pull it out, and I wasn't going risk sinking my boat or chancing ripping the cleat out.