• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Home Made Anchors?

wooduck26

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont know yet but I think that the rope attachment point needs work abit. I think I'll test this one first, tonight, I also think that I might need a bit more angle on the tines but that part is easy.

Take a queue from Shamu and use a bigger rope. Then you won't loose your anchor you'll just wreck your prop and anything else including your head when it gets kicked out of the water and lands in the back of the boat.... laugh

I think Anderude was sailing with him on that one.

I had the rear anchor all night. Those front ones can be dangerous though smile

full-15459-1425-38_302.jpg

I use one of these with the rubber tips taken off for a brush clamp- the large sized ones can be had for a couple bucks at Home Despot.

punch a hole in one of the handles if it doesn't have one already, and tie a rope to it. this has held my 14' in flood conditions. if the branch is too big to clamp direct to it, just wrap around the limb and clamp to the rope.