• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Olympic Hockey

OnAFly

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fired up here too! It should be a heck of a game. Miller will need to be his usual self or maybe better than his usual self to win this one. Canada is going to come out flying, if we can weather the storm in the first 5-10 minutes and grind it out I think we can win. Either way it should be fun to watch.

Yeah, today could be a game of the ages!! Your right Bear55, Miller needs a game of a lifetime!! We got them once, they will be ready. I thought our lst match up was one of the best games I have seen, but this one could top that. Let's go USA!!!!

This game is gonna be awesome! Miller was talking about the fact that it was just another big game. Highly unlikely! I'm sure he's super fired up for this game. 2 Gold medals ever for USA hockey, today will be our 3rd (I hope).

Anyone else get a little extra smile watching the USA light up Kiprusoff yesterday?? After him making such a statement about him only playing for Finland if he was the clear cut #1 Goaltender and played every game, I had a hard time pulling for the Fins even though some of Wild boys were involved.

The Finns are a team that seems to stay under the radar for some reason. Silver medal in '06, losing a tight gold medal game to Sweden, and a bronze this time around.

What can you say great game by both teams, congrats to Canada can't say they didn't deserve it. Like I said before it would be very hard to beat Canada twice but we certainly gave out best. USA hockey has come a long way in the past decade or so, I see only good things in our future and more huge games against Canada.

I just have one tiny complaint, and honestly I would have said this if the USA won, not making any excuses or taking anything away from Canada they deserve gold. I just don't like the 4 on 4 in overtime, it changes the whole game. You grow up playing the game one way your entire life and then they change the rules for OT, espeically in a big game like this I just don't like it. I understand it helps open things up and helps decide the game in overtime vs a shootout, which would have been a terrible way to see a team lose. Regular season NHL game sure I'm ok with anything but at least in the playoffs its five on five hockey.

Great game, congratulations to both teams for providing us with such an exciting game. I don't watch hockey any more but I'm glad I saw this one. To be honest I feel really great for the people of Canada because this meant so much to them compared what a USA victory would have meant to Americans in general. Even though some people what to harp on some of the glitches of the games I thought this was a great Olympics.

Canada is quite a team. Can't help but wonder how they would do against the Red Army team of the 80's. Point of info. It was said on the broadcast Canadas team was the largest in size of any team to ever play. I believe it after watching them get there gold. Some of there guys are huge.

I don't know what you all were watching but in my opinion the USA team was by far the success of the tournament. Going in, they were not even considered for a medal. Canada was the prohibative favorite and I hate to sound like sour grapes but they did not impress me with all their superstars.

Here's how I see it broken down. Canada, loses to a supposed inferior team (USA) by two goals. They then get taken to a shoot out to barely escape losing to another inferior team. Then let in the tying goal with 24 seconds in the Gold game to another "inferior" team before winning in OT.

Team USA beats Canada by two goals in regulation time and loses to them by 1 goal in OT.

Funny but I see the colors around their necks a little bit differently. Those ribbons are pretty tight around those Canucks and they know they got away with a sub par performance in this years Olympics.

I did love watching my local boys (Kane, Toews, Keith and Seabrook) as they really shined in the tourney.

Oh Canada, you got away with one, eh, now take off you hosers!

Windy

What a game! I had my doubts about beating Canada a second time after they smoked Russia. But the U.S. really brought it and stepped up in the physical play which seemed to really help. Overall I'm pleased with the US and how they played. Great Olympics this time around! It was a real treat to watch.