• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter Olympics 2010

Cooter

Cuz it's just that...paid programming. Some advertiser has footed the bill for the entire time slot. It's the advertisers that I wonder about. Who watches that stuff? Do they actually sell anything from there? I've fallen asleep with the TV on and woken up to "paid programming" and watched for a minute just to see if the Ginsu 9000 really does slice, dice, and order pizza, but I've yet to see a real worthwhile product on one of these programs.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Winter Olympics. Where I differ from many here is that I don't really care much for hockey. I was able to spend some time in Whistler this summer and visited the venues and met some of those involved. I also met the members of the Canadian Womens Biathlon team.

597168079_BriNK-L-1.jpg

597168504_USzDs-L-1.jpg

599347325_DNf6e-L.jpg

He had already secured the Gold on his first pass, and he bettered his score by like 3 pts on his second pass. He didn't even need to make a run, and instead, went all out and blew everyone away.

He was a man among boys.

He let a few four letter words fly before his second run, but oh well.

the height he gets vs everybody else is not even close.. You see others check up before they hit the pipe and you see him go in as fast as possible.. A man beast among boys..

Shawni Davis was on last night too in the 1K.. good for him.. And LV took it to the hill.. Some of those falls on the downhill looked really painful.

The half pipe was awesome.

I would have liked to see the USA on the podium (Not gold, Shaun had it wrapped) by getting scores instead of others wiping out. Oh well, that's how it goes when you go for it.

Shaun was awesome. The air he got was simply mind boggling and his last run.......Are you kiddin me!?!?!?!?!

I will say, tho.......It's the Olympics, it's a different level. You know the cameras of the world are on you, represent in a respectful manner and keep the f-enheimers out of the deal.

Watching all the competetors from around the world was amazing.

I will say, tho.......It's the Olympics, it's a different level. You know the cameras of the world are on you, represent in a respectful manner and keep the f-enheimers out of the deal.

cameras on you are one thing, but the microphones in the face are a joke. they get what they ask for if they do that. talk between a coach and a player should be private if you ask me. it would be another thing if he was f-bombing bob costas in the studio.

they stuck the microphone right in vonn and her husband's face after the race.... you've got to be kidding me. talk about keeping things respectful.

We tried to catch up on 3 nights of Olympics from the DVR last night, so I'm a little "tape delayed".

The womens downhill was my favorite event so far. That course was REALLY on the Edge. Especially that hot air jump at the bottom. I can't think of too many sports where you have to run right on the ragged edge like that to win. You get reserved like the German woman who didn't want to fall and you end up in 8th place almost 2 seconds back. Props to Vonn as she laid it ALL on the line with her bruised shin. Amazing she was able to win with putting most of her pressure on the uphill ski for half the turns! Unfortunately I heard about her result in the combined, but I'll probably watch that tonight with a 24 hour delay.

Shaun White was spectacular. I think out of all the competitors I've seen, he's been by far the most dominant. Really cool Colorado private halfpipe he has also.

USA hockey is playing well also and almost had a leg up on the Canadiens. Sunday's matchup will be awesome to watch.

Watched some of the 2 man bobsleigh - holy smokes those are some big dudes! Still haven't caught much of speed skating - mostly short track. The freestyle skiing or whatever its called with the crazy tricks off the jump is sweet to watch.

I'm not a speed skater, so I don't know who's responsiblity it is to keep track of lane changes.

I thought I heard that the blame was going on the coach, but either way, I felt bad for him as he clearly was the best skater.

I'm not a speed skater, so I don't know who's responsiblity it is to keep track of lane changes.

I thought I heard that the blame was going on the coach, but either way, I felt bad for him as he clearly was the best skater.

the coach accepted that it was his fault:

"My world collapsed. This is a disaster. This is the worst moment in my career. Sven was right, I was wrong,''