• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clam Flowage Fishing Reports

Is this the Big Clam off of Cty Rd F?? If so, I was there for the first time this Saturday and we had on a Pike that bite through the Power Pro at the hole... this thing went no less than 15 lbs and we were guessing closer to 20 lbs!! It was a freegin' beast. I was told by a friend that we were in the Clam flowage... but it seemed more like a lake.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have any Bass fishing info on these 2 lakes. I am fishing on these 2 lakes on opening weekend. Is there a fishable population of smallies?? How is the largemouth fishing???

Any info would help out tremendously.....the only thing I know is that it is a very weedy lake, but how is it in early May???

fisher98

I'm no expect on theses lakes but I did fish it twice on the openers for bass a few years ago. I'm not sure about the smallies but we did well on the bucket mouths. One opener it was sunny and we found the bass in the shallows around logs, docks, etc. We did well using 6" blk/chrome floating raps, slugos without weight and of course spinnerbaits in bluegill colors. The next year it was cloudy and cool so we backed off the shoreline and fished the first break and did well in 8ft to 15ft using Firetiger rattle traps and red shad plastic worms (texas rigged). We did better in the main body of water not far from the bridge, and on the far end.

Both years we fished it there was alot of fishing pressure and some dandy bass boats around. While bass fishing my body caught a 11 pd catfish and a 13 pd carp and 4 pd bass in 3 consective cast. I'll never forget that grin.gif I even got pics. I hope this helps ya out a little, good luck.

All of last year I had a hard time getting many bass at all. The year before was great for big fish but last year I could not get big fish or small fish. The brother-in-laws kids hooked a lot of young of the year small mouths over Labor Day weekend so I hope the small mouth fishing picks up over the next few years. If I were you, I would try some of the other lakes in the area for opener. I have two small gems but I have been sworn to keep them "secret". Sorry I cannot share.

I fished there once in the summer but didn't get anything huge. There are some nice walleyes right on the outside of the bridge connecting the two lakes. I would give it a shot there but check the ice conditions because there is a lot of current. Good luck and be safe out there!

Ryan

I am wondering the ice conditions on Upper/Lower Clam. I will be visiting family there this weekend and want to get out and do some ice fishing with nephews. I have never fished those lakes, is there any bite going on and what should I expect?? Any info would be great, I would like to see if we could get into some fish to keep them interested!! Thanks... smile.gif

Kagca,

I've not fished Clam, but can tell you the ice will be fine for fishing! I see folks fishing near the channel daily, and hear that's a great spot. I'm willing to bet that if you take the nephews out there that they'll stay interested. There's a house out there that looks like a bobber, and he's there every year, so my assumption is the fishing there is good! Have fun!!!!

Did alright last night and this morning on a "Siren Area Lake." Kept 10 crappies over 10 inches for the frying pan, the rest went back, along with some pike and bass. Best presentation seemed to be a 1/8th oz. jig with a minnow in 15-20 feet of water. They were really tightly schooled up, so boat control was key.

Glad to hear you had some luck out there. My cabin is in webster and i frequently fish crappies as well if you would like to trade some spots you can message me. I mostly get them through the ice but also in the spring of course! Good luck on the water!or hard water soon...

Ryan

You are right about most of the lakes being good panfish lakes in that area. I catch more good sized panfish in that area than any other place I have fished here in MN or WI. I got a lot bigger panfish when I lived in Maryland but it is warmer giving the fish longer to grow each year. I have one "secret" lake in the Siren area that I tell no one about because the crappies are so big and so common. The lake is too small for much pressure and it does not get much. If I did not have to spend time with the mother-in-law when I am up that way, I would come more often.

mpester i also have a lake like this we may actually be thinking of the same one the problem is i can only seem to catch them in the spring and fall. Cant find them in the summer but i have gotten multiple 2 pounders and 15 1/2". Good luck this year fellas sorry i havent responded quickly ben i have ben nrather busy. I will send you an email or something in a minute here.

Ryan