• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone still bow hunting???

musky796

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

going out bow hunting for only the 3rd time this year actually only my 3rd time ever! a friend has 10-20 doe feeding in a field right by his grove each night. went out and shot 30 arrows at our indoor range and i am right on the money.

will the right wind and a little luck i will have my first deer ever by bow on the ground by 5 pm!

Josh

I saw ALOT of deer out last night in the picked beans after dark. This morning they were still out and I saw about a 110 inch 8 pointer next to the road. This was at 5:00 am.

This is the most activity I've seen in our area for some time. I'm hoping my buddy scores this weekend. I'll just be watching unless a big dude shows up.

going out bow hunting for only the 3rd time this year actually only my 3rd time ever! a friend has 10-20 doe feeding in a field right by his grove each night. went out and shot 30 arrows at our indoor range and i am right on the money.

will the right wind and a little luck i will have my first deer ever by bow on the ground by 5 pm!

Josh

Good luck Josh! Let us know how you do.

Nels

I missed! She was 25-30 yards, I was sitting on ground, wind was perfect. I was looking right into the sun but it didnt really bother me too much. She was 15-20 feet lower than me down a hill and missed her low, no blood on arrow just 2 long white hairs.

Going out in morning to set a stand and will have my first archery deer on the ground by next Sunday, if not this Sunday!!!

Wish me luck

Musky Buck--you have to build a cattail blind and get right in there before they bed down in the morning! I'm seriously thinking about a hay bale blind for next fall. That's what makes it so much fun--trying to figure them out.

Well good luck I went out today in the ground blind, but didnt see a thing until the walk back when 3 deer were eating on the pile of corn on our driveway left over from harvest. Man they been hitting that thing hard, almost always deer there when i come home at night. Hopefully I can get another one on the ground before the seasons up, actually if the girlfriend got one on the ground, that would be even better.

was out on weds... bumped up 2 does on my way to the stand. it was around noon. i don't think they were bedded. more like just making their way through the woods. offered me about 5 seconds worth of a broadside at 40 yards but i just didn't feel comfortable (or quick enough) taking a shot with stand on back and totally unprepared.

didn't see jack for the rest of the sit. on my way back to the car right about past legal shooting hours, saw 5 really big deer hanging out within 50 yds of my car on the adjacent property. i just ate my heart out and waited til they passed and then got into my car.

most dang deer i seen all season!! can't wait to go back!

RRR not sure whats happening in your neck of the woods but here in south south central minnesota our deer are moving more in the P.M. than they are in the A.M.

Here you will see 100 deer in the PM Vs. 10 in the AM

So for my area time would be better spent in the evening

I spent a good chunk of time early ice fishing with minimal luck and have a bow tag to fill, so I am going to hit it hard now till season ends. Then go back to ice fishing....The deer are moving but at night it seems but the sign is still there near my stands. Just alot of corn up around central minnesota yet that I am afraid the farmers won't take off before bow ends.

Went out tonight. Had no luck. Put a new deer stand location closer to bedding. Hoping to see something this week. Hitting it hard all of the week. Through about trying to do some spot and stalk but can see it will be difficult to walk in this snow with out making any noise. Might have to put a double bull blind out in a swamp area that seem to have a pretty good trail on. Plain to do a little scouting, not to hard, don't want to push the deer out of the area. Good luck to the rest of you if yo can get out..

MK

Trying to talk my buddy to take off work a little early tomorrow so I can go out on the last day of season,been seeing deer moving early and lots of sign in my hunting areas but no tags left in my pocket so I have been begging him so I don't miss the last day of the season.

Short tracking job and nice doe, plus they got it on film. Talked to him last night to say congrats and that was one fired up 12 year old! They're heading out tonight again, he says I can have the one he gets tonight!