• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any cool breezers?

heat checker

Anyone been out since the North winds kicked up? Have seen 1 deer on stand since the orange army. They gotta be getting hungry with the cold temps I would think. In my area I hunt, they seem to dissapear after slug season, although this year there is some corn standing yet, so I'm hoping they are still around.

Sat out on my stand from 8 til 1 and didn't see squat today. Got down and tried some spot and stalk, I ended up doing the stalking and the deer did the spotting! smile Kicked up three big does laying in the tall grass on the shoreline of a big pond. That was about the highlights for me!

Lol, Ya the only thing i am sure of is i will be freezing my arse off and the wife questioning my sanity.

Other than that any thing can happen.

I will be hunting until i can't handle the cold anymore, but the way this season has been i have patience for some cold weather.

Up until this weekend i have not had to use any insulated boots yet. Just the rubber boots. Cant remember ever going this long with just the rubber boots.

Hey does anyone know were a guy can get like a heating pad or something like that that can stick to your body and keep you warm. Seems like i read on here last year about someone buying some type of heating pad that you can were like over the top of you back or around you kidneys.

Seems like that would work nice to help keep you warm out there as long as it did not stink.

CC HURL

Its finally deer season weather up North today, flurries and a NWester gusting good.

I'll be in the tree Friday afternoon, I guess I can put some clothes on for the first time this season.

Those thermacares rock! I'd had one on the other night with a sore back hunting. I went to bed with it on and it was still warm in the am....warmer than the wifey....lol

Warmer than the wife? I need some. Lol

Were can a guy pick these things up and are they economical?

Do these thermacares stick to your body or do you wrap yourself with them. Also do they have any oder to them?

I would sure like to give them a try as long as they dont cost me my pay check.

I have those boot socks that i have used the last few years along with the arctic armor underwear but old man winter still gets me affter just a couple hours in this weather.

Hey thanks for the info you guys as i will hopefully be trying them out.

CC HURL

Quote:
Quote:
:I'm fairly sure that I'll get a shot at one.

Jinx!

I probably screwed myself right there, but I am getting a chance to hunt one of those sanctuaries. There are a couple of other Ml hunters on there, but they are all passing the does and they have been seeing plenty. I'm kind of pumped, haven't shot a deer with the bow in over a year.

"I probably screwed myself right there, but I am getting a chance to hunt one of those sanctuaries. There are a couple of other Ml hunters on there, but they are all passing the does and they have been seeing plenty. I'm kind of pumped, haven't shot a deer with the bow in over a year."

cough, cough, choke,cough!!!!! :o)

mr

"I probably screwed myself right there, but I am getting a chance to hunt one of those sanctuari grins. There are a couple of other Ml hunters on there, but they are all passing the does and they have been seeing plenty. I'm kind of pumped, haven't shot a deer with the bow in over a year."

cough, cough, choke,cough!!!!!

mr

Well... at least he didn't put it out in a public forum for all the world to see!!! grin

Good luck 96. We'll be expecting a report- good or bad! I'll be getting out this weekend too and I'm giving myself at least a 3% chance of getting an opportunity and making good on it!

CC, I saw something similar to the thermacare wrap the other night at Fleet Farm. It was just a wasteband type thing with a couple pouches to put disposable handwarmers in. I think it was around $10 and made of fleece. I should have picked one up but at the time I kind of forgot what hunting in the cold was like.

you know, its getting a little cold outside, the wind is blowing, cough, cough, now I have a sore throat. I think maybe my kid needs his 2nd vaccination............I, I just don't know if I can make it out anymore.

Insert foot in mouth, and shut up.

96, oh just get out there and hunt the days are coming to an end fast and we (me) will be whinning till the bow opener again. If it was up to me I would cash in all my vacation and take the rest of December off but it just can't happen.

mr

Talked to the guys that I am going to hunt with this weekend. Two of them have been ML hunting all week. The deer are not moving around like they were, but they are still there, they are kicking them up when they move around a bit. Should be interesting. Hopefully, if the do get up and move, the send them over to me. I have to find all my cold gear.

Saw plenty of deer this weekend. Had a couple of deer coming towards me on Sat. morning, behind me and on my right, they were close, but never actually got a good look at them. Saw one, but the other was directly behind me stamping her foot. She eventually didn't like what she saw and they all took off. Saturday night, no deer until I walked out of the woods. One was standing in the pasture, there were over a dozen in the bean field. They could have cared less about me 200 yards away. Sunday night, 5 deer came through, again behind me 100 yards away. The got within 60 yards through the brush, but that was it. It wasn't for lack of seeing deer. Bowhunting with all those layers is much tougher. Saturday morning I couldn't keep my boots from sticking to the stand. Every time I moved them the would pop and crack. Difficult bowhunting conditions. Hoping for a nice week or two at the end of December.

Saturday morning I couldn't keep my boots from sticking to the stand. Every time I moved them the would pop and crack.

In late season I often put an old piece of carpet on my stands. Snow stuck to the bottom of your boots is a noise maker too, the carpet helps.