• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rest

crappieflop30

hey guys, i will be in the market for a new rest after the season so i have started to look around a little. just wondering if anybody has any opinions on what is out there today. things you like/dislike about a certain rest or tips on things you have found important when choosing one. thanks in advance guys

The newer fall away rests are very popular right now, with good reason. The QAD, Ripcord, Trophy Taker (what I shoot) are all great rests. Just be sure you get one with full containment so the arrow will always be on the rest when you draw.

I use and I think a lot of poeple the whisker biscut. The main reason for me choosing this is becouse it completly eliminates the chance of the arrow falling off and spooking a deer. Although if you shoot a 4" vain you might notice its a little ruff of them and they may start to get wavy after a lot of shots ,but i solved that with some blazers. You can get one for around $50.00

I put on a Wisker Biscut about 10 days ago and love it so far, it's a big upgrade to what I had. After I re-sighted in I believe my grouping is alittle tighter also. I botched an opportunity at a dandy buck 2 weeks ago because my arrow fell off the rest on the draw, didn't take long to upgrade then, wish I would have made the change at the start of the season.

I've had really good luck with the Hostage Capture. It's the same concept as the Whisker Biscuit but virtually eliminates the issue of your fletching touching the brushes and causing wear and tear. Having used this one for a while if I ever needed another one I would go with the Hostage Capture Pro since it's made of aluminum and has adjustable brushes for different size arrows. Good luck.

The Whisker Biscuit fell into that KISS category for me. Total containment, quiet (nothing for the arrow to bump against), easily replaceable parts. A little scorpion biscuit spray helps with the vanes as does using something like duravanes or =.

I used a whisker last year. Great rest to get to start out with but after 30 yds I had a heck of a time tuning my bow. Got a drop a way Trophy Ridge Full Contain one and I love it. If I would have gotten that one that's like the Whisker but only touches the arrow in three spots I probable wouldn't have switched. Very happy with my switch from the Whisker

what QAD are you guys shooting i see there are a couple different ones.is it really worth it to buy the pro series compared to the hunter series?about a $90 differance,i am going to buy a drop away for next season and was thinking about the ripcord or the QAD.what are the pros and cons between the two?

The QAD you can have in the up position all the time by pulling it up with your finger. Or leave it in the down position like a normal drop away. The advantage to keep the rest in the up position is the when you draw your arrow back and do it real fast, it won't jump up because it is already up.

And when you release the arrow it drops away as normal and silently. I was sold when my son purchased one for his girlfriends bow and he saw the advantages of that rest was and replaced his rest with a QAD! He's real picky about equipment. grin

to the guys using the whisker biscuit, how do you guys feel your fletching hold up after repeated shooting? i like to shoot usually at least once a week throughout the summer then more as the season gets closer. are my arrows going to hold up or is this not an issue?

I like a dropaway that has seperate verticle and horizontal adjustments. Full containment OK but is overrated in my opinion.

A simple arrow holder on the shelf that hold the arrow snug gives you full containment until you draw the bow. Those arrow holder cost less that 10 bucks.