• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The 194 3/8 from Wednesday

jnwb

I shot him in Minnesota with the bow. On Monday I was shooting my bow and the arrow came of the string as I was shooting and I dry fired my bow. Not good I was very upset. Took the bow to the shop and they had to order a new cam. I spent all day Tuesday calling people I know looking for a bow I could use. I found one a 20 year old PSE Inferno. Needless to say this thing leaves a little to be desired. I spent Tuesday night sighting in the sweet bow. I got off work on Wednesday night and hit the woods at 3:45. This guy came in at 4:58. He came in from my left and from behind me. Very thick cover where he came from. He came out and was in my shooting lane in under 15 seconds. He had his nose to the ground looking for a girlfriend. I remained amazingly calm before the shot. I never looked back at his rack after he first stepped out. I new instantly he was good. I drew back the Inferno and he stopped. When you draw it, it is squeks and creeks and pops and snaps. But, he was right in my lane at 12 yards. I let the aluminum arrow tipped with a muzzy 115 fly. Hit him right were I was aimed, double lung. He took off like a race horse. At this point I lost it. I called my friend how was hunting at our other spot. He was on his way. I got out of the stand and walked the other direction back towards the house. He got back and in about 2 hours we started the track. I was a wreck he ended up going 600 or so yards. He died in the middle of a bean field. I knew he was big but when we found him he was huge. There was high fives and hugs and screaming it was awesome. I do realize how lucky I am with the bow and this deer. The next day my bow shop called and had my bow done. They did do a great job getting it back to me quickly. Thank you guys for all the coments happy dose not explain my what I am feeling.

14437_102495093101916_100000242777233_67

You should really try and buy that bow, be cool to hang it next to the buck. Retire it properly.

I love stories like that. It seems that when stuff like that happens, you can sometimes have a great ending. Sometime, murphy gets beat.