• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trout Photo Gallery

Driftless

Nothing monstrous (they're still in the river, one with my hex fly in his mouth) but some good fun nonetheless. From my float/wade trip with my Dad on the "Holy Water", the flies only,catch-and-release section of the Au Sable in northern Michigan

full-23483-10265-p7070097.jpg

full-23483-10266-p7080125.jpg

full-23483-10267-p7080132.jpg

full-23483-10268-p7080143.jpg

full-23483-10269-p7080141.jpg

full-23483-10271-p7070160.jpg

full-23483-10272-p7070172.jpg

Southwick - AWESOME PICTURES!!! thanks for sharing. I have fished the Lake Ontario and Erie tributaries A LOT in the past few years, and when I moved to Minnesota...those opportunities went array. My father, brother cousin and some friends are fishing the Lake Ontario tributaries as we speak, and boy oh boy are the browns in heavy right now! I will have to put together some pictures from out east and post them on this page.

I feel your pain THavas. I lived in Syracuse for 2 years while attending graduate school and regularly hit the Salmon River which is a Lake Ontario tributary. Some of the best/most fun fishing i have ever experienced! Salmon/Browns in the fall and beautiful Steelhead all winter long! Man I miss that place. Two great years of fishing adventures i will never forget!

I feel your pain THavas. I lived in Syracuse for 2 years while attending graduate school and regularly hit the Salmon River which is a Lake Ontario tributary. Some of the best/most fun fishing i have ever experienced! Salmon/Browns in the fall and beautiful Steelhead all winter long! Man I miss that place. Two great years of fishing adventures i will never forget!

You guys need a road trip. smile

Guys I’m more of a winter rat on the Salmon River, so I wait till the lake effect snows + cold weather sets in that way I can have entire areas to myself. I always land a few Brown trout every year with my best going about 12lbs but have seen Browns close to 20lbs caught.

Love to see your Big Brown pictures.

Here’s a few nice male Steelhead pictures + 1 nice colored hen.

full-39251-12856-cimg2720.jpg

full-39251-12858-post_804_1228047878.jpg

full-39251-12859-post_804_1228047826.jpg

tomsteelie-resizejpeg.jpg

First steelhead I ever caught. This was in March 2005

conrailtubes2resizejpeg.jpg

Old favorite Lake Erie tributary fishing spot.

IMGP0555.2.jpg

Fall Lake Erie pod.

IMGP0626.jpg

Pennsylvania discharge fishing brown trout

IMGP0694.jpg

same discharge, rainbow trout

IMGP0692.jpg

...still same discharge, golden rainbow

0102091326.jpg

a nice pod of fish we pounded out for a few hours in the middle of the winter one day on a Lake Erie tributary

Platzroad.jpg

Lunch break cooking fresh marinated Caribou from friends previous hunt

boatedking.jpg

A Lake Ontario run King caught floating skein while on the boat up stream.

1009081942_0001-1.jpg

One after another in a Lake Ontario marina while everyone else was sitting around the house :-)

100_1438.jpg

Scooping up a Lake Ontario king for my dad's friend while fishing a pier.

100_1439.jpg

doing all the dirty work for the old men :-)

1012080917.jpg

Coho caught by dad's friend same day.

browntrout.jpg

Brown trout caught while fishing for spring pike on a local lake in PA.

browntrout3-1.jpg

browntrout4-1.jpg

Quote:

You guys need a road trip. smile

Guys I’m more of a winter rat on the Salmon River, so I wait till the lake effect snows + cold weather sets in that way I can have entire areas to myself. I always land a few Brown trout every year with my best going about 12lbs but have seen Browns close to 20lbs caught.

Love to see your Big Brown pictures.

I have only fished the SR 2 days...but man would I love to fish it during the winter. I have a great friend that moved up there a few years ago when he got a job at the Oswego power-plant. He fishes it when he can depending on work (baby on the way ow too)