• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wind

koonie

I went out this morning before it started. Heading out in the dark a thunderstorm was nort of me a few miles. Wind was 10 mph when I got out of the car at 5:30 am. Got out of the ground blind with a 20 mph wind. Not one deer! Shouldn't have left the bed

I saw a bunch of deer tonight including one dandy buck. First deer came by at 20 to five. They were very skittish as LOTWS said.

First doe I saw was absolutely huge. I don't think I've ever seen a bigger doe.

Hopefully the buck I saw will be riding in the back of my truck tomorrow night.

Lookin' fwd to sitting in my ground blind tonight. It's been set up between two apple trees for a couple weeks now. Just been waiting for it to cool down some before going out. This will be my first sit of the season. NO WAY would I sit in a tree stand tonight.

When the wind is howling out of the nw my hunting partner and I have a good spot on the south side of a 25 acre woods. The deer always come out on south side because of wind protection there is very little of it. I went last night with my son and had 2 does and a 8 pt. year and half under our stand relaxed as if there was know wind. Son was upset thought of shooting 8 pointer but we will be at ripley next Friday for youth hunt so he wants to wait.

I got a spot like that that's protected from a NW wind. I'll be sitting in that tree stand tonight. It's a permanent in a clump of probably 8 basswoods.

Yikes, that sounds like the worst place to be to me. A permanent in a clump of basswoods...eek. I hope that clump of basswoods doesn't peel like a banana.

Had two does and a fawn in front me at 35 yards tonight. A little to windy for me to feel comfortable with a shot. They were a bit spooky with the wind and seeing my blind for the first time. Not sure if they caught my scent or not but they didn't stick around for long.