• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

IS Cuddy worth 7.66 million??

Mudcutter

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom of the ninth, down by one, man on third, two outs. Delmon or Cuddyer? I would take Cuddyer.

Id take delmon cause he has a higher batting avg and Cuddy is the worst clutch hitter in twins history.

Bottom of the ninth, down by one, man on third, two outs. Delmon or Cuddyer? I would take Cuddyer.

This week I'd take Cuddy but that could change by next week. Frankly though I'd rather not have either one of these two up with the game on the line, especially if the other team's closer is right handed. If the closer is right handed, I can think of many other players on the roster that I'd rather have up to bat(maurer, span, morneau, buscher, kubel and the catcher they recently sent down to aaa to name a few). If the opposing closer is a lefty, then Cuddy might crack the top five on the team.

I'll take Cuddy's $7.6 million and his current .270 average and 18 RBIS versus Ordonez's $18+ million contract and his .241 average and 11 RBI's so far this season.

Thats got to be a tough check for Detroit to write for a .240 average.

Thats nothing the Tigers are paying Sheffield $13.6 MILLION this year and he doesn't even play for them .... crazy

God bless Carl Pohlad and the best business model in professional sports!

Go Cuddy... smile

Originally Posted By: zamboni

Id take delmon cause he has a higher batting avg and Cuddy is the worst clutch hitter in twins history.

He has a ton more at bats this season. Tougher to bring the the avg up. BTW- great play just 5 minutes ago here in the first inning in the OF by Delmon. What a chump. Can't even catch a fly ball- pathetic. Oh, and why not lollygag to the fence to pick up the ball that you just misplayed?

Originally Posted By: zamboni

This week I'd take Cuddy but that could change by next week. Frankly though I'd rather not have either one of these two up with the game on the line, especially if the other team's closer is right handed. If the closer is right handed, I can think of many other players on the roster that I'd rather have up to bat(maurer, span, morneau, buscher, kubel and the catcher they recently sent down to aaa to name a few). If the opposing closer is a lefty, then Cuddy might crack the top five on the team.

Looks like the imitation cuddy that was playing so well has left town and the real cuddy is back with the team so I guess give me delmon. was his highlight of the week his fake hit by pitch at bat against the tigers? It worked out but hard to believe that a guy who is supposedly one our leaders would choose to basically weasel out and defer his at bat so some else (crede) can get the job done instead.

Cuddy is looking silly at the plate

Compared to Delmon looking silly at the dish, in the OF, in the dugout, in the clubhouse, at McDonalds, Baskin Robbins, at the mall, etc? Sorry, Sled, whenever I see him, he looks like he don't have any idea whats going on around him.

Cuddy is coming around nicely. I can see 20-25 dingers and 80-100 RBIS, and a .280 average.

G.C.

These numbers that you can see would be be good for the team and since they would be about as good as his best year, I'd say he earned his salary this season if gets these numbers.

He's going to have to pick it up a bit to get all these numbers though, especially the batting avg. Projections for full season look to be about .259 avg, 20 hr's, and 87 rbi's. Now if we could just get him to be a little better in situations where we really need him that would even be better. Garbage time stats look good on paper but don't help the team out a whole lot.

How can he still be batting only .259?

Because he's not hitting .259 closer to .270 He was 4-6 with a 3 run dong and 4 runs scored today. He's on fire again but thats Cuddy hot or cold seems to be his moto.

Good Points Gary. Cuddys on Pace for 24 HR's and 100 RBI.

I'll see if I can dig up some more Crow for these guys later Tonight! grin

Now you want to create a "garbage" avg for the books. I don't care how big the score, you still have to hit the ball whether its 1-0 or 20-0.

Sled he is now hitting .275 Oh ya I forgot, that is a garbage avg. my bad NOT.....

G.C.

Guys you are forgetting how great he is at playing the ball off the baggie, I didnt want you to forget he is the best twin ever at doing that wink

Not the greatest fielder but NOBODY runs on him thats for sure.

Crow simmering on the kettle!... grin

Now you want to create a "garbage" avg for the books. I don't care how big the score, you still have to hit the ball whether its 1-0 or 20-0.

Sled he is now hitting .275 Oh ya I forgot, that is a garbage avg. my bad NOT.....

G.C.

True but we need those hits more in the 1 - 0 games than we do in the 20 - 1 games. (The twins have outscored their opponents cumulative the last seven games but the w/l record is 1 - 6.) It's too bad the whole team couldn't have spared a few of todays runs and used them against the yankees and the first two games against the sox. Here's to hoping that today gets them out of their funk.