Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

HotPocket

Channel Catfish Photo Gallery

804 posts in this topic

Where the heck were you fishing? The 'sippi? Well, can't say you're not a go-getter, out there cattin already in Feb. Or were you fishing for 'eyes?

Alright, that gets the fire burnin.

Maybe I'll go out tomorrow and fish through 8 inches of snow and 25 mph winds.....

Alright maybe not, but soon grasshopper.......soon.

Looks like a little Pool 4 action.

The seal has been broken, way to go HotPocket!

OK..you win...you get the "Hardcore Kat'r Award" award for the week.

That open water looks too inviting...I may have to get a jump on the season a little earlier this year. *looks at 24 hour weather forecast and sighs frown * Kudos for getting out there so early.

Thanks Ed, Was out fishing 4 with a friend. It was a windy one, But it was nice to be on the river again! And the fishing was good. (for us) But im going to fargo this weekend to fish the river with a friend. (If it dont snow to much) He has a friend that lives there, so im coming with. Do you fish the river around you much? Thanks.

Sweet! That sure builds the anticipation for the rest of us.

Thanks Ed, Was out fishing 4 with a friend. It was a windy one, But it was nice to be on the river again! And the fishing was good. (for us) But im going to fargo this weekend to fish the river with a friend. (If it dont snow to much) He has a friend that lives there, so im coming with. Do you fish the river around you much? Thanks.

Do I fish the Red? .. A little bit..once in a while..on special occasions maybe... yah. whistle

Does Ed fish the Red?? LOL Does a bear do his business in the woods?

Nice hotpocket

Here are a few from last night. The largest was 27" and about 7 1/2 lbs. Cut sucker and fathead minnows. All were released unharmed, and swam away very healthy! Any one know why there is such a color difference in the one?

156.jpg

162.jpg

165.jpg

that looks like a cross breed between a flat and a channel. The tail looks forked the head look too flat to be a channel, but the fins and body are channel. That middle pic you know that fish is going to be a big boy was he's fattened up in the summer. That head was way to big for his skinny little body.

Any one know why there is such a color difference in the one.

It happens. Not really a big deal. Some channels are lighter gray, some are darker gray, some are greenish, some even have a purple tint to them, and the younger ones tend to have dark spots on them.

Nice fish!

I have found that the bigger the fish get the more gray in color they tend to be, so maybe that's just a younger fish. Who knows, just my thoughts.

is it normal for them to be that forked and pointed at that age. I thought that they were more rounded then that.