• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Your 2009 Vikings QB...Sage Rosenfels????

SledNeck

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

berrian had a heck of a season this year imo...considering the qb's are piles he still got it done...he had a real decent year as the #1 on a team with no qb...he'd have a couple hundred more yards and a couple more tds atleast if he had a qb that could put it in the general area half the time.

the timing the qb had with wade was horrid at best...don't know whos fault that is but seems he was always jumping high for balls or having to catch them on the backside.

Originally Posted By: zamboni
Bears castoffs? Berrians a pretty good reciever, you are acting like he got cut. Oh, and on Thanksgiving he rented a semi truck, filled it full of turkeys he bought and had them delivered to a shelter for the poor. Seems like a great guy to me.

For cast offs I am talking about Marcus Robinson, Dewayne Bates, Bobby Wade (he came through free agency from another team but we cut him), and I am sure there are others. Berrian went to Minny for more money. Money that we used to resign Brigs.

Never said Berrian was a bad guy at all.

Oh yeah since you like our washed up receivers Booker is available. grin

Judging by the Bears current corps of receivers you guys might consider trying to get Berrian, Robinson and Wade back.

This is what I remember about Sage Rosenfels... Blowing a 10 point lead with just under 4 minutes left in the game.

There's another vid I wanted to add that gives multiple choice on what he should do, but embedding was disabled on that video.

Would you rather trade 2 first round picks, sign a 60 million dollar contract, for a QB that has had less then one season under his belt, and was barely above average while throwing to above average wr. If so we could sign Cassel

Even if we pull off this deal it doesn't mean we still aren't looking at other quarterbacks.

Gus is as good as gone so we are replacing him in the quarterback competition with a younger guy. Rosenfels is familiar with the wco and is pretty accurate. He turned the ball over to much this year but the Texans offense is more wide open and his skill set is better suited for the wco.

TJack will be in the last year of his contract and Rosenfels is supposedly getting a three year deal so I think this tells us something about the future for TJack.

I guess to me it's just a way for us to upgrade our quarterback competition. Marginally, I'll admit. A fourth round pick isnt too bad in this case. They wanted a second rounder last year.

I think Rosenfels will be better able to manage games for us should he win the starting job.

Also, the Vikings are still looking as Cassell. They have been talking to his agent at the nfl combine so he may not be completely out of picture. This deal for Rosenfels may be a ploy to make us look less desperate for Cassell therefore driving down the asking price a little bit.

I agree Koonie. Nothing would suprise me with the Vikes Q-back situation. For all we know the Vikes will sign Rosenfels and then turn around and trade him on draft day. Vikes are very tight lipped about their intentions with players. Last year, they had been talking with Allen and the Chiefs for about a month before the news finally broke. Once it broke, it went down fast. That being said, this is their second go-around with Rosenfels so I would think this is their guy. Who knows...?

my guess is sage is their guy....i don't see us going for cassel and i hope we don't...the price is way to high....i wouldn't be shocked if we signed another free agent qb though for a reasonable price and dropped gus and booty.

if you look at the whole picture sage is the better and smarter deal...helps us spend more money on other needs also.

I thought I heard that Chilly's contract is up after '09 and there is speculation that the Vikes Front Office doesn't want to give Chilly the latitude to make a Cassel-like signing which could keep Chilly here for another couple of years.

My hope - Cowher as head coach of the Purple Pride in '10, with a tough DEF and a run-first OFF! Detroit won't be anything for a couple of years, the Pack looks to be in transition, and the Bears don't seem to know what they want to be... The Vikes win the NFC Central (aka North) for years to come!

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

To Indy after he got hammered at the goal line...He didn't know it but he received a concussion and they gave up a 17 point lead in less than 5 minutes.